Maxx VS Terminator. Long distance antenna shootout!

can you do the same flight with the terminator ? Do tyou think with a boosted setup it would be even better in the same conditions ?
I would expect the same results from the Terminator and I really would expect the same boosted cause after 3000' my signal was completely blocked

View attachment 53214
This water tower gives me slight signal issues going this flightpath w/ BOOSTED FPVLR V-2 and I'm usually already up 250+ft! There's also 2 cell towers and a Facebook complex next to this watertower. I cant get any further with my boosted p3standard setups than right here cause of all the signal issues. Yet the unboosted maxx breezed thru w/ the p3A at record low altitudes!!!(so does the Terminator)
looks like very nice flight DB. I just can't come to flying over houses. I had to go knocking on a door in Aug of last year looking for a drone. Ended up being about 70 ft farther away.

View attachment 53214
This water tower gives me slight signal issues going this flightpath w/ BOOSTED FPVLR V-2 and I'm usually already up 250+ft! There's also 2 cell towers and a Facebook complex next to this watertower. I cant get any further with my boosted p3standard setups than right here cause of all the signal issues. Yet the unboosted maxx breezed thru w/ the p3A at record low altitudes!!!(so does the Terminator)
Like the water tower.:mad:

Just taking an off beat thought here but a lot of people are affected by wifi waves, emf's and such, there's plenty of us around. I put a cell phone booster up last year at our mining claim and as soon as it powered on I could feel it frying thru my brain, it gave me an instant head ache and I was standing between the receiver and the antenna. If you know somebody that has this wide spread sensitivity to wifi and other types of electronic waves, it would be interesting to have them stand in front of the antenna at different distances and see how far out they can feel the pressure. For me it's easy but there's no lasting effects, I just notice it usually but with the power coming from these boosted to the max antenna's, maybe instead of paying for your wife to go to the tanning salon, she might get faster results standing in front of your UAV antenna for a few minutes and then come out black and speaking Swahili :) hehe.
Just like baking cookies :)

EMFs from Cell Phones and WiFi Are Making People Sick

Easy enough to fix.
SaulScience_SENSITIVE.jpg

Well, flew the Maxx unboosted out from atop a hill which has pretty good LOS but I flew in a direction blocked by trees. So even though I was above the town in elevation, my LOS was blocked pretty quickly.
UdG2AvS.jpg

2.6mi I descended down to here until signal started cutting out:
6Lg65Xk.jpg

1.3mi descended here. I didn't go any further because I was afraid someone would grab it!
uFnAXuX.jpg

I don't know what more you guys want out of an antenna!!
Order one of these from Fredz or a terminator panel from Horizon today, what are you waiting for
Availability. No one has this stuff, lol. Hopefully all the choices are in stock from someone, soon.

Reactions: Jfasig
Well, flew the Maxx unboosted out from atop a hill which has pretty good LOS but I flew in a direction blocked by trees. So even though I was above the town in elevation, my LOS was blocked pretty quickly.
UdG2AvS.jpg

2.6mi I descended down to here until signal started cutting out:
6Lg65Xk.jpg

1.3mi descended here. I didn't go any further because I was afraid someone would grab it!
uFnAXuX.jpg
Nice pictures.

Nice pictures.
Thanks they are just grabs from the video. I will say, that if you are flying hardcore distance with anything in between you and the bird, I think boosters are a must. I know I've been flying in not the greatest of locations kind of on purpose, but I think you will still need boosters if you are not flying over completely flat land or water. Just my preliminary observation.

Has anyone noticed any ill affects from a boosted setup and being too close to the bird on start up? With my Q500 boosted setup, I had to put some distance between me with the tx and the bird itself. The Yuneec birds are wireless 2.4 and 5.8, probably like the phantom standard. It definitely got finicky connecting on startup with a boosted tx if I was too close to the bird. Anything like that with any of the phantoms?

Ed209 and DB get serious props for all of the great info they provide on the antennas. Thanks guys. I'm still trying to figure out why I am not getting any range even with the MaxxUAV modified ELite range booster. Does anyone know the approximate distance from an international airport at which it would create major signal interference? 3 miles, 5 miles, 10 miles out?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Check Maxxuav.com every day for a week and you'll get lucky.
I've had an order since the weekend for the ITE-DBS02, the clean install kit and the booster battery tray. I know the antenna is back ordered but I put in an order anyway. Hopefully ships soon.

Just about 2 miles @72 ft WOW

I haven't done the math to figure out how high I actually was because my home point is higher than the rest of the areas. But here's a video where I went about 5.5mi @ 83ft and only ascended due to the terrain. This was over water using FPVLRv2.

Reactions: seb evans
Did you guys check with @Fredz ???

Also, obligatory video ;)

I went to maxxuav.com about 10 days ago and they had 1 available - didn't order. Checked back a few days later and 6 were available and I pulled the trigger. Mine is expected to ship on the 11th.

I haven't done the math to figure out how high I actually was because my home point is higher than the rest of the areas. But here's a video where I went about 5.5mi @ 83ft and only ascended due to the terrain. This was over water using FPVLRv2.
You looked pretty low and special over the ball diamond. You get that feeling like is there someone there that I did not see.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl