main controller upgrade

Reaction score
how do you upgrade main controller, new guy at this. it says up grade to mc is available but what?

Tell the group a bit more about what you are flying. What model is your Phantom, are you having trouble flying and any other information you feel comfortable sharing??

Thanks,

"MC" is the term DJI's software uses to refer to the NAZA unit inside Phantoms. Once it's connected to your PC via USB cable (and the software recognizes the Phantom), you can update that firmware through the software.

You have the option to upgrade or not, and depending on which model of Phantom you have and how it's behaving now, you may want to research the upgrade to make sure it's worth it for you...there's lots of threads here in particular discussing the pros/cons of the new update just released.

Using an iMac, the Vision assistant software would not recognize the controller, and when I tried it on a PC laptop, it still wouldn't recognize it with the connection indicator lights. It was connected properly with a mini USB. Any ideas?
This is for a new P2V

swpenn said:
Using an iMac, the Vision assistant software would not recognize the controller, and when I tried it on a PC laptop, it still wouldn't recognize it with the connection indicator lights. It was connected properly with a mini USB. Any ideas?
This is for a new P2V

Are you saying you have the controller (transmitter) connected directly to the PC by USB, or the Phantom?

No problem! When connecting the RC controller by USB, you need to use the RC Assistant software from DJI's website...that will help you calibrate the hardware in it first.

Then, you need to disconnect the RC controller, and connect the Phantom to PC by USB. Then run the Phantom Assistant software while the Phantom and RC controller are both turned on, and can calibrate the Phantom's readings from the controller there.

Sounds like you were just using the wrong software at the time for the RC controller.

ok thanks for the help. it says I have an mc upgrade but it wont install ,probaly dont need it . I belive it extends distance form the controller.
just learning to fly dont need distance.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl