magic power thoughts.... balanced power for both 2.4 and 5.8

Reaction score
I have just had a thought, would increasing the 2.4ghz signal from amgic power possibly reduce the power to the 5.8?

I have just had a thought, would increasing the 2.4ghz signal from amgic power possibly reduce the power to the 5.8?

I highly doubt it. Even though I'm in the USA, home of the 27dbm default. I tried MP. I didn't see any negative effects by installing it.

*waits for someone to argue about the default.

Reactions: Dazzauk
I highly doubt it. Even though I'm in the USA, home of the 27dbm default. I tried MP. I didn't see any negative effects by installing it.

*waits for someone to argue about the default.

so frustrating lol, for now ive removed it, ill test again in the same spot i was in tonight and see whats whats i guess..

good thing is its only 2 mins to install and remove magic power.

Also messaged Papa Tita, see if he can shed any light, but hes not always active..

Matts, what have you purchased now? Im so hankering after a 4 now just for the range

so frustrating lol, for now ive removed it, ill test again in the same spot i was in tonight and see whats whats i guess..

Also messaged Papa Tita, see if he can shed any light, but hes not always active..

Matts, what have you purchased now? Im so hankering after a 4 now just for the range

Phantom 3 Pro - I'm absolutely loving it. The range is insane and I don't have to aim the remote. I did a spin around my entire neighborhood and signal never even flinched.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Massive price difference??

Is the range that much better?

Price was only $579 shipped. And the range....

Right out of the box test:

Capture.PNG

It is theoretically possible that a stronger 2.4GHz signal can cause interference to a 5.8GHz signal, especially if the power stage is overdriven and generating harmonics (in case some of the power stage components are outside or their tolerance). Especially considering that the antennae are so close together. Not "likely", mind you, but possible

It is theoretically possible that a stronger 2.4GHz signal can cause interference to a 5.8GHz signal, especially if the power stage is overdriven and generating harmonics (in case some of the power stage components are outside or their tolerance). Especially considering that the antennae are so close together. Not "likely", mind you, but possible

I guess I'm gonna have to go test same spot with magic power now off. See if I can beat 4000ft.

So so strange that before I was getting 6000 ft.

think someone should post me one to the uk
In that case you'd pay VAT plus import duties including shipping costs :) (I used to live in London)

Your best bet would be to have a friend traveling from the USA bring one as a personal item

Or send as a birthday gift to your "nephew" and avoid some of those fees. (wink wink)

On the Traxxas forums a guy lived in the Netherlands. He used to get "birthday gifts" from Uncle Matt once a month. LOL

Or send as a birthday gift to your "nephew" and avoid some of those fees. (wink wink)

On the Traxxas forums a guy lived in the Netherlands. He used to get "birthday gifts" from Uncle Matt once a month. LOL

I need a uncle matt lol

Dont tempt me brother haha ,

what did you say the cost of the drone was?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan