M.A.R.S lite parachute kit

You've got to be kidding me. That's Kyle's advice on testing it?? This keeps getting better and better!!!

I have already flown my P3P with the Mayday, 25 plus aggressive flights and all works fine, my only concern was the low voltage at 3.7 (same as Keith) this has been the only issue I have been addressing, with the 2S 7.4 volts there will be no low voltage issue Period, between all day flying! Ha you can drop the P3P from 20 feet and it deploys every time!

I have already flown my P3P with the Mayday, 25 plus aggressive flights and all works fine, my only concern was the low voltage at 3.7 (same as Keith) this has been the only issue I have been addressing, with the 2S 7.4 volts there will be no low voltage issue Period, between all day flying! Ha you can drop the P3P from 20 feet and it deploys every time!
I just sent a PM, don't waste your time with this "clown", sooner or later a mod will take him out or his mom will take away his computer.......lol

Reliable testing typically involves a 3rd party, not the manufacturer who is selling the product. We are DJI's live firmware testers.

I have to say that I agree on that and no matter how honest and trust worthy some one is thats selling some thing from a customer stand point seeing 3rd party tests that confirm the validity of a product is always better. But some thing like a chute system is one of them add ins that someone can mostly only test that all the components function as they should and that every thing is working. But not able to or willing to risk there drone to do a real full on test of the equipment after its installed the same as just about any one can test out most any other add on or accessory for there drones. Most other things even if they dont work as intended or not working right you just dont have the thing working and no more harm done then it just not working but not loseing the craft over if say a new gimbal or new long range antenna dont work for some one. A chute system by its very nature is one of them things for most people they are going to have take a leap of faith and just hope if every thing tests out as working and hooked up right. That it will work when its needed. Most people can't just go out after getting it installed and go take there bird up and do a csc and test there newly installed chute system just to see if it really saves there phantom or not.

Its also one of them things I would tend to think would also have less 3rd party's willing to do there own hard core full on real life testing on. Just to do a product review the same as other things were as I mentioned if it dont work they can just land the drone and take off the new item that dont do what its supposed to do. But I'm sure in time there might be a more then there already is or with more specific models being tested. Tho there is lots of video of chute tests on other things then phantoms that 3rd party testers have done as well as home made tinkers testing out things with no commercial interests. So the concept and theory of chute systems isn't even completely all brand new over all for other things outside of phantoms esp p3s which just uses a different mount then for a p1 or 2 and cant be hooked in to a spare channel inside the p3 to deploy the system manually.
But the mayday deployment board thing thats pretty new and recent from what I understand about it. So there has not been much time yet for many people to even get to do much real world testing on yet. But I think in the early stages Id still rather see the people makeing some of the ready to go systems be the ones risking there own drones as the test guinea pigs for there products before any one is going to want to even think about doing there own real world 3rd party tests on.

You've got to be kidding me. That's Kyle's advice on testing it?? This keeps getting better and better!!!

0DRK3RT Thanks for the recommendation on the parking ramp. It would be ideal to get a phantom shell add lead to it to make weight, then chuck it off a parking garage and test it out.

My university library does 3D prints for free. You just email them and they have them ready for you in a couple days and pay for the plastic. I'll print it and get it all put together. I'll have to do both prints for the chute, and then try the tray mount version.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: 0DRK3RT
I have to say that I agree on that and no matter how honest and trust worthy some one is thats selling some thing from a customer stand point seeing 3rd party tests that confirm the validity of a product is always better. But some thing like a chute system is one of them add ins that someone can mostly only test that all the components function as they should and that every thing is working. But not able to or willing to risk there drone to do a real full on test of the equipment after its installed the same as just about any one can test out most any other add on or accessory for there drones. Most other things even if they dont work as intended or not working right you just dont have the thing working and no more harm done then it just not working but not loseing the craft over if say a new gimbal or new long range antenna dont work for some one. A chute system by its very nature is one of them things for most people they are going to have take a leap of faith and just hope if every thing tests out as working and hooked up right. That it will work when its needed. Most people can't just go out after getting it installed and go take there bird up and do a csc and test there newly installed chute system just to see if it really saves there phantom or not.

Its also one of them things I would tend to think would also have less 3rd party's willing to do there own hard core full on real life testing on. Just to do a product review the same as other things were as I mentioned if it dont work they can just land the drone and take off the new item that dont do what its supposed to do. But I'm sure in time there might be a more then there already is or with more specific models being tested. Tho there is lots of video of chute tests on other things then phantoms that 3rd party testers have done as well as home made tinkers testing out things with no commercial interests. So the concept and theory of chute systems isn't even completely all brand new over all for other things outside of phantoms esp p3s which just uses a different mount then for a p1 or 2 and cant be hooked in to a spare channel inside the p3 to deploy the system manually.
But the mayday deployment board thing thats pretty new and recent from what I understand about it. So there has not been much time yet for many people to even get to do much real world testing on yet. But I think in the early stages Id still rather see the people makeing some of the ready to go systems be the ones risking there own drones as the test guinea pigs for there products before any one is going to want to even think about doing there own real world 3rd party tests on.
I have a f450 flamewheel that I plan to use as a "test" bed, it is a little heavy compared to the Phantom 3 and a hell of a lot cheaper to crash too, I don't expect any chute to not have draw backs, and I doubt like hell you won't get some damage with a Phantom 3 if you land on hard ground no matter what chute you chose to use, I'd like to see more idea's to go along with outdoor testing.

I have a f450 flamewheel that I plan to use as a "test" bed, it is a little heavy compared to the Phantom 3 and a hell of a lot cheaper to crash too, I don't expect any chute to not have draw backs, and I doubt like hell you won't get some damage with a Phantom 3 if you land on hard ground no matter what chute you chose to use, I'd like to see more idea's to go along with outdoor testing.

I'd like to know what happens if the chute deploys prematurely during normal flight. I'd also like to know the descent velocity.

I just sent a PM, don't waste your time with this "clown", sooner or later a mod will take him out or his mom will take away his computer.......lol

You seem to be the only person throwing stones here. Calling me a clown, a troll, and apparently now I'm a young child? Grow up Keith.

Oh look I found odrk3rt.

Attachments

• 1454202974189.jpg
    1454202974189.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 310
So this weekend so far I flew eight separate flights with the Mars parachute system with the Mayday and Packpack. Everything went flawlessly. I topped off the charge on the backpack after the fourth flight. I really couldn't be happier with this setup. I have recieved the email from Kyle and all I can say is what a stand up guy. I wish all business owners conducted themselves as professionally as this guy. After all said and done he came up with a great product from my perspective, money well spent.

You seem to be the only person throwing stones here. Calling me a clown, a troll, and apparently now I'm a young child? Grow up Keith.
Well I guess I have to grow up now, thanks for not saying "Throw-up" cause if I wasn't laughing so hard right now at "M.I.T. One" I surely would be !

AnyWho, Kyle has proved himself to me also, he is a man that sticks to what he tells ya, I would recommend his company to anyone, if something doesn't work they fix it quick !

FYI
This Turnigy nano-tech 300mah 2S Battery, from a full charge, has been tested to power the Mayday for at least 8 hours with
3.77vdc per cell when I turned it off, the point ? You can run this power source all day without worrying about a charge, even longer than 8 hours if you want to discharge each cell down to 3.5 vdc, the total weight with wire/plug is 18grams
DSCF4505.JPG

Reactions: Jbundy63
FYI
This Turnigy nano-tech 300mah 2S Battery, from a full charge, has been tested to power the Mayday for at least 8 hours with
3.77vdc per cell when I turned it off, the point ? You can run this power source all day without worrying about a charge, even longer than 8 hours if you want to discharge each cell down to 3.5 vdc, the total weight with wire/plug is 18grams
View attachment 42359
Good job Keith! Same here I have left mine on for over 6 hours and had plenty more to go. Mine is a little heavier due to it's 2 680 mah rated batteries.

So this weekend so far I flew eight separate flights with the Mars parachute system with the Mayday and Packpack. Everything went flawlessly. I topped off the charge on the backpack after the fourth flight. I really couldn't be happier with this setup. I have recieved the email from Kyle and all I can say is what a stand up guy. I wish all business owners conducted themselves as professionally as this guy. After all said and done he came up with a great product from my perspective, money well spent.
Agreed with Kyle, he's a stand up guy for taking care of his customers. I am very pleased with the Mayday product and glad I went this route.

Serious question, so don't get defensive on me . How does this thing work? Is there some sort of accelerometer that differentiates abnormal altitude drop, which triggers deployment of the chute?

As far as I can tell there are 4 mechanisms to choose from. Tilt switches, G sensors, Voltage sensors, and manual operated.

I don't know which type each of these guys have without re-reading the boards but some are DIY, some are X4 hubsan, and then MARS. It would be nice to make a list of these mods in 1 post with pics all lined up for comparison.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT