Lost my P4

Log for the flight from what I see doesn't day home point recorded. Does say it will autoland on signal loss. Also states a rth altitude. Colin, when you play the flight through in the app, does it show the H in the same place ALL the way through?

Colin, also can you share us a screen recording video by playing your flight log as show in your Go App, if you are on android, you can download the AtoZ app to record your screen.

A tip I picked up on U tube write your phone number with a permanent marker on the base or stick a label on and offer e reward,£50 reward sure beats buying a new one. Sorry I am not closer to help you look. (Are you Darlington UK) Down load the Drone Zone app on your device that will put you in contact with other flyers in your area. They may be able to help with the search.

When I replay the control app sequence it definately comes up and says home point set, I will play it through again and see if I can take e some screenergy shots.

Have a look at the screens hot below immediately before take off

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-05-15-20-42-40.png
    Screenshot_2016-05-15-20-42-40.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 676
If you lost signal your p4 will auto land but will not return to home according to that screenshot

Reactions: Sim597
Two things I believe may have happened its on a tree top and you can't see it from the ground or someone seeing the drone fall
Grabbed it,,,
It can't disappear,
Get binoculars and start searching close to the ponds tree tops...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Or even the field behind the pond.. You took off just before the rth point was recorded, not sure which it would do but seems like autoland? Just in case though worth plotting a point from the disappearance heading home. Personally I think it's landed, and due to multiple buildings in that line it blocked signal fully once low enough. That big tree and that pond looked scary on the vid. Seems like a small place Colin, I'm guessing you've maybe already knocked all the doors? Check that field at the back too. Been dry weather up here to the North so hopefully wherever it is, you find it safe. Maybe stick some posters with reward on the lamp posts? Don't give up, the truth is out there!

Things like this make the idea of local enthusiasts getting together an even better idea, be good if was some kind of user search by zip or postal code. Wish I was closer, with a bit spare time could have drove down helped look. Only time I'm really free are the weekends, or finish work at 6pm, willing to drive down and help if you need me Colin, I'm only an hour away :)

Things like this make the idea of local enthusiasts getting together an even better idea, be good if was some kind of user search by zip or postal code. Wish I was closer, with a bit spare time could have drove down helped look. Only time I'm really free are the weekends, or finish work at 6pm, willing to drive down and help if you need me Colin, I'm only an hour away :)
That would be nice, but seems like a lot of sites do not want members to be able to search for other members who may be in your area, Facebook is the same way, you have to know the full name and email of the person you are looking for. You cant search for people near you

That's what happened to me the one time only so far I had total loss, I regained signal in like 30 seconds, really short, of cours I was standing on tip toes with my arms holding it up as high as I could lol, as if that helped. That's a good idea, I'm going to raise mine to 400' I think instead of 180' to be honest, if I think about it, in most cases it would be dropping to the RTH altitude as I fly above 200' mostly
People overlook that a higher than necessary altitude setting to merely clear obstructions can, in and of itself, fully restore control, unless you are at the very edge of control range, where it will actually take it farther away from control (length of the hypotenuse side of the triangle increases during vertical elevation), initially, until it starts coming back.

Have a look at the screens hot below immediately before take off
Is anybody looking at that pic? According to that screenshot, the P4 WILL LAND if loses signal, will not RTH
Check the video and pinpoint the exact place where you lost signal and go there and look everywhere around.
Even if you find it in the bottom of the pond, it will have some value that will help you build up your replacement

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl