Lost my P4

It's 35.00 to buy and then depending on the sims card card you purchase is cheap insurance my investment is not cheap so i protect it.
No, I meant for the Spark Nano GPS Tracker, which is proprietary, and requires a $30 a month contact and costs $135 to buy. Yours is definitely the way to go! I have one. Just need to set it up!:cool:

Reactions: toddena
Sorry to heat about your P4 I have only just purchased mine and had a few times the screen goes blank and my heart jumps, God knows how you must feel :-( dread the day it wants to fly free,
And well you should dread that day. Unless one is among the wealthy and the loss of a drone, especially a P4, is a mere inconvenience, it can be a depressing experience and enough to drive one out of the hobby altogether. Which is why I advise in addition to the FAA registration number it's a good idea to add a phone number and the words, "$$$ Reward."

Because a moderate cash payout is far better than a total loss -- and the dollar amount posted can be whatever having your drone returned is worth to you.

i am absolutely gutted. Just lost my P4. Only had it a couple of weeks but had some fantastic flights. Tonight or 1 hour ago took it for a flight 7 minutes into the flight Rc warning 'Lost Signal' video went grey. I pressed RTH but nothing. Tried to bring her back manually but no response. Please can someone advise me how to download the log to ascertain what may have happened, I have played back the video and everything was fine no obstacles whatsoever, 78% battery life with RC fully charged. Any ideas anyone please.
I had this very same thing happen to mine, i just mash the RTH, put the remote down, wait about 10 min then I heard is buzzin off in a distance, it was bringing its feathers back home!

And well you should dread that day. Unless one is among the wealthy and the loss of a drone, especially a P4, is an inconvenience, it can be a depressing experience and enough to drive one out of the hobby altogether. Which is why I advise in addition to the FAA registration number it's a good idea to add a phone number and the words, "$$$ Reward."

Because a moderate cash payout is far better than a total loss -- and the dollar amount posted can be whatever having your drone returned is worth to you.
The fish where I fly aren't literate! None of these devices work underwater. :eek:

I had this very same thing happen to mine, i just mash the RTH, put the remote down, wait about 10 min then I heard is buzzin off in a distance, it was bringing its feathers back home!
I've always regained control and FPV long before it made it back, as soon as it gets back within control range, and I then cancel RTH, and move on. Setting your RTH to a high altitude guarantees signal restoration of total loss of signal for 3 seconds caused by ground interference or obstructions. It simply elevates in place, after rotating towards you, and even that rotation alone can restore signal, as the bird can block its own antennas in certain orientations!

Had the same thing happened in Dec. of 2015. Lost sight and had no sound. Hit the RTH ,had no sound or sight.Went looking for it to no avail. Had put my name and phone number with a black marker on top of the Drone and got a call several hours later that it had landed in their backyard.It was trashed. I called DJI and they had me send it to them. It as repaired at no cost to me. What they do not do is tell you what caused the fly away.Give DJI a call and tell them what happened. The only difference is I had the Drone to send in.
Hope it works out for you.

And well you should dread that day. Unless one is among the wealthy and the loss of a drone, especially a P4, is a mere inconvenience, it can be a depressing experience and enough to drive one out of the hobby altogether. Which is why I advise in addition to the FAA registration number it's a good idea to add a phone number and the words, "$$$ Reward."

An even better insurance, is real insurance! State Farm insures mine for $5 a month, the nice thing about that is, that's the least expensive policy, so you can move up to about $3000 without an increase. $60 a year, and you don't track your crashed beat up quad, there's a 90% chance it's broken camera or gimbal, prolly 50% chance it's in water or beyond repair by now, then the heartache the poor guys going through, for your $60 you have extra remote and batteries and everything else, plus your new drone, it's the only way to go.

I've always regained control and FPV long before it made it back, as soon as it gets back within control range, and I then cancel RTH, and move on. Setting your RTH to a high altitude guarantees signal restoration of total loss of signal for 3 seconds caused by ground interference or obstructions. It simply elevates in place, after rotating towards you, and even that rotation alone can restore signal, as the bird can block its own antennas in certain orientations!
That's what happened to me the one time only so far I had total loss, I regained signal in like 30 seconds, really short, of cours I was standing on tip toes with my arms holding it up as high as I could lol, as if that helped. That's a good idea, I'm going to raise mine to 400' I think instead of 180' to be honest, if I think about it, in most cases it would be dropping to the RTH altitude as I fly above 200' mostly

10 minutes!! Jees, how far off were you? Lol I can cover a lot of ground in 10 minutes even at 20-22mph
At 15mph that's 2.5m out, wow, good distance

When I replay the App control panel shows the take off sequence and clearly states Home Point Set. Logs also record this. Looking back through previous logs the altitude has always displayed higher than actual.

i hope you find it man, I been sticking up for you since the beginning with the altitude thing, I believe ya

If you get her back in one piece, or get another, I wish you well, I would add that for $60 a year I can't tell you what a difference that made when I fly for piece of mind

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl