Lost my P4

Upload the log as advised above, you can still find this thing and an sure someone here will help guy from Spain thought he'd list his the other day, forum member pinpointed it and he got it back

Reactions: Sim597 and Jussaguy
i am absolutely gutted. Just lost my P4. Only had it a couple of weeks but had some fantastic flights. Tonight or 1 hour ago took it for a flight 7 minutes into the flight Rc warning 'Lost Signal' video went grey. I pressed RTH but nothing. Tried to bring her back manually but no response. Please can someone advise me how to download the log to ascertain what may have happened, I have played back the video and everything was fine no obstacles whatsoever, 78% battery life with RC fully charged. Any ideas anyone please.
Sorry this happened, stories like yours makes me consider a GPS tracker even more.

Reactions: Sim597 and Jussaguy
Colin, check the flight log in the app, see if the HOME point is where you expected it to be. If not, zoom out the map till you see it. Something similar happened with me. Good luck dude

30m maximum height ?
70m the minimum to return home.
Most crashes are on trees..and banging on the ground.

Check the top of the trees you will probably see it hanging,hope you find it m8..keep us informed...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Do you have home insurance sometimes it's covered under this !

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm theorizing based on what I've read that he lost signal and it RTHd and hit a tree at 30m.

Only reason that maybe that hopefully didn't happen as it would have said it on the app but you were in a panic and might have forgotten?

Where are the flight translation?

Either way, I'm sorry man. Friggen sucks!!!

I'm theorizing based on what I've read that he lost signal and it RTHd and hit a tree at 30m.

Only reason that maybe that hopefully didn't happen as it would have said it on the app but you were in a panic and might have forgotten?

Where are the flight translation?

Either way, I'm sorry man. Friggen sucks!!!
First, man bro, I'm sorry to hear that, I'm North of Houston, I'll help you if close by!

I don't know man, I live in an area that has 90'-100' trees, ppl tend to know when they're that friggin tall, in my back yard I am surrounded by 100' trees, I keep my RTH at 60-70m, 50 would be plenty. But super tall trees like these aren't all over the place. This is a bad one because what he explains is my worst, well, ok worst I guess is having it disappear, then hearing sirens and the news has a "drone attack!" On at 10. That worse case, but losing it without incident has got to be second. I ordered the dual 3W booster setup and that humongous 14dB MaxxRange antenna. When we lose a bird we lose a lot, all the crap, batteries and antennas, the work involved. (Meaning the batts and antennas and all those extras are now worthless to the owner) it sux. And, to be honest, it's one of the reasons I put up with near perfect horizons and other crap from DJI, because of all the crap, all 3 birds have done nothing but impress the hell out of me with id say personally a 99.89 percent perfect flights. (Some minor issues here and there, but at 65m flown, in 21hrs of flight, that .11 is only maybe 2 minutes long

Good luck man, I'd get some help with friends and family to help you look, and even some drone pilots, do a call out, u might get some UAV helpers

Reactions: Jussaguy
I agree with Jussaguy , sounds like he should have made his RTH altitude a little higher , what could hurt go 45 meters. Also maybe he made a mistake I first did by hitting the RTH on the controller , but not holding it down.

I always keep RTH at 50-70m, depending on what is the highest thing around me. Sounds like you should keep looking and maybe post an ad in your area, hopefully you find it.

Reactions: landed
Sorry to heat about your P4 I have only just purchased mine and had a few times the screen goes blank and my heart jumps, God knows how you must feel :-( dread the day it wants to fly free,

Sorry to hear your story [emoji51][emoji30][emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sorry to heat about your P4 I have only just purchased mine and had a few times the screen goes blank and my heart jumps, God knows how you must feel :-( dread the day it wants to fly free,
Screen should only go blank while taking an HDR picture, but if that what your referring too, I too hate that long second!

I always start my craft under my eve on the porch, so I like to fly it out a little, and sometimes up 10' or so, then set Home to the birds or sometimes my location, not that it would ever get this far as to land, but just in case. I used to start it in the open back yard, but the concrete is so much better and level

Sounds like maybe you took off before it was able to record the home point? If you lose signal it should RTH and go to home point. I'm not sure what happens if you lose signal and no home point has been recorded before the flight, maybe it would try to go to the last recorded home point or just hover in place. This is why I always wait to hear the go app tell me it's set the home point before I take off. You said it indicated that it was around the neighbors garden, don't give up looking you just may find it. Sorry for your loss man, I'm sure you'll be up flying again soon

We area all here waiting for the good news... We all hope you find it... Good luck, don't give up too easy!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl