London from a bird's eye view! (video shot on P4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference is night and day for the reasons I just mentioned. I am not flying over people except for where they have been informed that there is a drone overhead and even then, it is a very small number. That's why I fly at first light. And I have spotters on the ground. I consult with police, FAA, and other local authorities. There are numerous precautions in place.

And given it's two different countries, with different rules, it's not exactly the same. I will be shooting London at some point this summer and it will all be legit. I am already working on the planning now.

Please explain to us how you "informed" all the people below that you were flying a drone above them.

Read the description on the video. And yes, they were told about the drone by one of the spotters. Sometimes we would have 5 spotters all on walkies. The hardest part of the whole thing is convincing your friends to act as spotters at 6am on Saturday/Sunday mornings. It took 4 months of weekends to shoot that.

EDIT: And a lot of liquid bribery.

PaulJohn informed everyone too! I know he did cuz he said so! see how silly that sounds? There is NO WAY you went to each person and told them.

Read the description on the video. And yes, they were told about the drone by one of the spotters. Sometimes we would have 5 spotters all on walkies. The hardest part of the whole thing is convincing your friends to act as spotters at 6am on Saturday/Sunday mornings. It took 4 months of weekends to shoot that.
I call BS on this. Next time use X2 so all the people in the cars will know too. Most of my friends have better things to do at 6am.

the people in the park... the people on the street, parking lot, field, etc....

Reactions: b0dyr0ck2006
And if you want to get technical if that person that wasn't told made a complaint using themselves as the example the court would have a complainant and be required to prosecute. That'd suck despite all the effort that was made or actually made to avoid it.

It's stupid. But yeah. So is this whole conversation lol.

I call BS on this. Next time use X2 so all the people in the cars will know too. Most of my friends have better things to do at 6am.

Call BS on what you want but you really have no idea, do you? The people in the cars do not require being informed. Neither really do the people on the street. If you want to get technical, the city of Los Angeles requires you stay 25ft away. That's it. Not to mention the "public notice and consent" sandwich boards used by the film and TV industry. I had cops come by and watch more times than not. Ask them what they thought of it.

I don't just do this for fun. It's my business. I know all the process.

Call BS on what you want but you really have no idea, do you? The people in the cars do not require being informed. Neither really do the people on the street. If you want to get technical, the city of Los Angeles requires you stay 25ft away. That's it. Not to mention the "public notice and consent" sandwich boards used by the film and TV industry. I had cops come by and watch more times than not. Ask them what they thought of it.

you're basically proving our point. Again, awesome video! keep it up.

LOL, trueeee
This conversation became

I don't just do this for fun. It's my business. I know all the process.

Yeah, I'll bet. You got a list of the officers names ? This conversation became stupid after you posted your video which really isn't much different than the original posters on certain grounds. The fact you can't recognize that is your problem. You only used this to pimp your video and act like you're standing on higher ground. It would be funny to see the the OP get hired as a "PRO like yourself" and you ending up getting prosecuted in California. Maybe you should hire the OP to shoot your London stuff for you? Looks like he's better at it anyway and he's already there ! It's a "win win" situation for you except for what's waiting for you in LA District Court.

We need to notify Moonbeam Brown immediately!

If that's what you think, more power to you.

Clearly you know best. The whole film and television industry must be going about using drones the wrong way.

Yeah, I'll bet. You got a list of the officers names ?

Uhhm, yes. Several. Do you expect that I should have to prove myself to you? BTW, the mayor is a fan too.

This conversation became

Yeah, I'll bet. You got a list of the officers names ? This conversation became stupid after you posted your video which really isn't much different than the original posters on certain grounds. The fact you can't recognize that is your problem. You only used this to pimp your video and act like you're standing on higher ground. It would be funny to see the the OP get hired as a "PRO like yourself" and you ending up getting prosecuted in California. Maybe you should hire the OP to shoot your London stuff for you? Looks like he's better at it anyway and he's already there ! It's a "win win" situation for you except for what's waiting for you in LA District Court.

We need to notify Moonbeam Brown immediately!

I totally agree.

You kiddies take heed............. we're weeding out the bad apples. Fly stupidly and post it up. Like taking candy from a baby lol!!!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro 3

Clearly you know best. The whole film and television industry must be going about using drones the wrong way.

Uhhm, yes. Several. The mayor is a fan too.

This is when you know you've made an *** of yourself. Tell everyone who disagrees with you they know nothing while making comments that don't make sense. It's a famous mental condition I can't think of right now. Someone help me out here !

PS do you really know the mayor? That's impressive.

This is when you know you've made an *** of yourself. Tell everyone who disagrees with you they know nothing while making comments that don't make sense. It's a famous mental condition I can't think of right now. Someone help me out here !

PS do you really know the mayor? That's impressive.

Someone asked if you can make compelling content and follow the rules, so I volunteered my example because I know first hand that it is possible. It's just a little annoying when you do it the right way and a few people who think they know better pass judgement without any knowledge. I should know better than to react to it. I honestly don't care if you believe it or not.

Reactions: Heathrow Terminal 2
Someone asked if you can make compelling content and follow the rules, so I volunteered my example because I know first hand that it is possible. It's just a little annoying when you do it the right way and a few people who think they know better pass judgement without any knowledge. I should know better than to react to it. I honestly don't care if you believe it or not.
I found the mental condition. It's called "chronic bullshititus". It predates drones and Freud. Based on what we've seen you should really hire the OP. He'll do a better job and he might already have some of the footage you need !

I found the mental condition. It's called "chronic bullshititus". It predates drones and Freud. Based on what we've seen you should really hire the OP. He'll do a better job and he might already have some of the footage you need !
Haha good one Richard! Made my day! [emoji23][emoji1319]
And thanks for kind words [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Richard Gozinya
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member