London from a bird's eye view! (video shot on P4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Small Unmanned Surveillance Aircraft
Article 167
  1. The person in charge of a small unmanned surveillance aircraft must not fly the aircraft in any of the circumstances described in paragraph (2) except in accordance with a permission issued by the CAA.
  2. The circumstances referred to in paragraph (1) are:
    a) over or within 150 metres of any congested area;
    b) over or within 150 metres of an organised open-air assembly of more than 1,000 persons;
    c) within 50 metres of any vessel, vehicle or structure which is not under the control of the person in charge of the aircraft; or
    d) subject to paragraphs (3) and (4), within 50 metres of any person.

3. Subject to paragraph (4), during take-off or landing, a small unmanned surveillance aircraft must not be flown within 30 metres of any person.
  4. Paragraphs (2)(d) and (3) do not apply to the person in charge of the small unmanned surveillance aircraft or a person under the control of the person in charge of the aircraft.
  5. In this article ‘a small unmanned surveillance aircraft’ means a small unmanned aircraft which is equipped to undertake any form of surveillance or data acquisition.

Reactions: DroneWorxUK
Small Unmanned Surveillance Aircraft
Article 167
  1. The person in charge of a small unmanned surveillance aircraft must not fly the aircraft in any of the circumstances described in paragraph (2) except in accordance with a permission issued by the CAA.
  2. The circumstances referred to in paragraph (1) are:
    a) over or within 150 metres of any congested area;
    b) over or within 150 metres of an organised open-air assembly of more than 1,000 persons;
    c) within 50 metres of any vessel, vehicle or structure which is not under the control of the person in charge of the aircraft; or
    d) subject to paragraphs (3) and (4), within 50 metres of any person.

3. Subject to paragraph (4), during take-off or landing, a small unmanned surveillance aircraft must not be flown within 30 metres of any person.
  4. Paragraphs (2)(d) and (3) do not apply to the person in charge of the small unmanned surveillance aircraft or a person under the control of the person in charge of the aircraft.
  5. In this article ‘a small unmanned surveillance aircraft’ means a small unmanned aircraft which is equipped to undertake any form of surveillance or data acquisition.

what if I told you we all know this... we just don't care? sorry, it's just getting old.... we all know the rules, if you see something posted where we are breaking them, carry on... we don't need to be constantly lectured. sorry, it's just like this in nearly EVERY thread on this forum.

what if I told you we all know this... we just don't care? sorry, it's just getting old.... we all know the rules, if you see something posted where we are breaking them, carry on... we don't need to be constantly lectured. sorry, it's just like this in nearly EVERY thread on this forum.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ObiDon
Prosecute me for what? As far as I know London isn't a No Fly zone, otherwise I wouldn't be able to take off. I always follow safety precautions and keep the drone in my line of sight which are the main legal CAA requirements of non-commercial drone operation.

Not sure if that was a serious question, but after a careful look, I don't think you actually managed to get any footage there that was actually legal :)

I would seriously suggest you don't leave it available for public view attached to your name as the CAA have all they need there for a successful prosecution.

They've got you on the "over or within 150 metres of any congested area" part of the ANO and also on flying within 50m of buildings not under your control...

Reactions: Jetlagged787
If you want drone flying stopped for everyone just carry on , then at least the real helicopters flying down H4 on the Thames won't run the risk of hitting a drone

And I definitely wouldn't be doing it with a Phantom , which may as well have your DNA on it.

isn't it sad times we live in where people can watch an amazing video like that and the first thing they think is "look at all the laws theyre breaking" or "wonder how we can get this person in trouble?" it's just a shame... if I was an official in london and someone showed me that, I would say " SO COOL! Let's give the man a warning... it's silly he can't legally get videos like this."

isn't it sad times we live in where people can watch an amazing video like that and the first thing they think is "look at all the laws theyre breaking" or "wonder how we can get this person in trouble?" it's just a shame... if I was an official in london and someone showed me that, I would say " SO COOL! Let's give the man a warning... it's silly he can't legally get videos like this."
I actually watched the video and winced , there are several shots from the drone in exactly the same place I was flying a real helicopter legally !

Thanks for the support Maseman88! [emoji4] It is quite sad, I have to agree! I just hope people relax on all the drone rules and see they're not really much of a concern at all, as long as places like airports and stadiums stay restricted, which they are.
Anything in the wrong hands can have dire consequences, but it's not a reason to prohibit it from those who use it in a safe and responsible manner!

Reactions: ObiDon
If you believe you were flying in a 'safe and responsible manner' you clearly have no clue what sort of danger you present to both those on the ground and in the air...
And I really don't need your lecturing Mark [emoji6]

You might not care ... you are in the USA but the OP is in England and appears to be blissfully ignorant of the rules that apply there.

Reactions: Jetlagged787
But you need to at least be aware of what the rules applying to flying in your country are.
So far you only display complete ignorance of them.

I actually really appreciate everyone's concern and think it's a great forum. But at the same time, as I've stated earlier I'm aware of the rules, and after being reminded for the second, then third time it's becoming a bit nagging. It's not why I posted the video.
I'd love to see more people sharing their videos, and less people criticizing others conscious choices, that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj