Local Township Unmanned Aircraft Ordinance

Yes I see, am I supposed to be impressed?
dxxrqm3z883nwlo6g.jpg

BOT

Reactions: dirkclod
If my neighbor bought a drone, and flew it repeatedly over my house at low altitude, I would consider it quite a nuisance.
What if you lived in a house that was historic or architecturally significant and quads were often orbiting it, without an ordinance like this, there would be nothing for law enforcement could say.
I doubt this was enacted to target hobbyists, everyone is still trying to figure this new technology out.
This is incorrect. If they wanted to pursue reckless flying they could refer the case to the FAA. If they felt that the noise interfered with the homeowner, which is the point of this ordinance, than they could simply cite the person flying the drone. It's that simple. What they have done instead is ignore US Code and take over the FAAs sole jurisdiction. Again, they can feel free to enforce existing laws against the operator, they just cannot make laws against aircrafts. That is the difference that they choose to ignore. They are not making a mistake, they know what they are doing is illegal. They just don't care.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackOpsTeamster
Yes I see, am I supposed to be impressed?
Taking photos and video is not a nuisance, it's the buzzing of a low flying quad that is a nuisance.
No not impressed... enlightened.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Both of you.. are you simply not able to let it go? It's just a post. Please, take the high road.
I assume that was directed at me in part. I answered his question honestly, how is that the low road?
You however have taken it upon yourself to memberate us.

Dang I hate it when I have to Goggle a word :rolleyes:
/ memberate. The act of impersonating a moderator in a forum
Well hell I can do that !
images4HKE7OJ0.jpg
Topic locked.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackOpsTeamster
This is going off topic badly.
Think of this thread as the motorbike and the river is a flood of off topic replies...

Motorcycle-river-flood.gif

Lets not go there. On topic post only please. ;)

If my neighbor bought a drone, and flew it repeatedly over my house at low altitude, I would consider it quite a nuisance.
What if you lived in a house that was historic or architecturally significant and quads were often orbiting it, without an ordinance like this, there would be nothing for law enforcement could say.
I doubt this was enacted to target hobbyists, everyone is still trying to figure this new technology out.

If my neighbor had many trees and spent hours and hours using a gas powered leaf blower,, I would consider it a quite a nuisance!
or had acres of yard to run his mower on... BTW they do!

a drone taking off and or landing takes moments and once above 100 foot or so is minor.

I would say get a life!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl