Flying a drone in Chicago

Reaction score
Bought my first drone about a month ago, got my Part 107 and dying to fly downtown for both recreational and possible commercial. From what I read online chicago doesn't allow drones. I found this online

https://chicagorealtor.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/SO2015-5419-Drone-Substitute-Ordinance.pdf

Section b1 says "except for hobby or recreational purposes only and in conformity with this section", which suggests I can fly downtown as long as I follow their rules

and section C says:

Operations authorized by the FAA - Exception. Notwithstanding the prohibitions set forth in this section, nothing in this section shall be construed to prohibit, limit or otherwise restrict any person who is authorized by the Federal Aviation Administration to operate a small unmanned aircraft in city air space, pursuant to Section 333 of the FAA Modernization and Reform Act of 2012 or a certificate of waiver, certificate of authorization or airworthiness certificate under Section 44704 of Tide 49 of the United States Code or other Federal Aviation Administration grant of authority for a specific flight operation(s), from conducting such operation(s) in accordance with the authority granted by the Federal Aviation Administration
Any interpretations on this? Anyone had any good/bad experience downtown?

Regards

Mark

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing