Living near a decommissioned small airport, how to deal?

Reaction score
So I got my P3 Pro about 2 months ago, I tried to fly it for the first time after updating all the necessary stuff.

It actually flew like 50m high, then suddenly all lights changed to red. And warning messages keep flashing on my screen saying "Collision Warning!!!" Then I realized I live near a small decommissioned airport. And DJI Map which I believe is powered by google maps is still recognizing that airport active, and dji app classified it as

The airport has been close for like 20 years already, and now being used as drag racing track.

Now, my main question, is there anyway to bypass this?? I live like 1 km away from the airport and sometimes the P3 Pro wont even start if i'm anywhere near the 5 mile radius.. and luckily sometimes it launches up but it wont move in any direction, just up and down.

It's frustrating how I cant even fly my quad at my own home lot.

Attachments

• dji.png
    dji.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 424
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

You should be able to fly, even within the 5 mile zone. Check the manual. I know by default it is set so it won't within certain limits. It appears you are not in the USA, if so, DJI can remove the restriction. That is something new so I would contact DJI. The link that someone added above is someone who has just done this.

Reactions: Rodsburgh

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing