Self Certification For No-Fly Zones

Reaction score
Back on November 17th, 2015 I found the following reference to future changes in DJI software for the P3P.

DJI is removing mandatory no-fly zones from its drones

Within the article, it said in part:
"DJI said on Tuesday that a new version of its drone control software to be released in December will allow pilots to fly in restricted areas after they have self-certified they have permission to do so."

"To self certify, a drone pilot will need a DJI online account and have to provide one of two means of identification: a credit card number or a mobile phone number. They will also be prompted twice to confirm they have permission and really want to unlock flight in the restricted area."

Does anyone know where, or if this software is available for download?
How do you create a DJI Online Account?

Would really be great if our EAA Chapter could do drone training and demonstration flights on the airport grounds, with tower permission of course.

GR

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum George. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

You can create a DJI account here - Register | DJI Store

When it is available they will alert you via the Go app and you can bet it will be reported here on the forum. ;)

Back on November 17th, 2015 I found the following reference to future changes in DJI software for the P3P.

DJI is removing mandatory no-fly zones from its drones

Within the article, it said in part:
"DJI said on Tuesday that a new version of its drone control software to be released in December will allow pilots to fly in restricted areas after they have self-certified they have permission to do so."

"To self certify, a drone pilot will need a DJI online account and have to provide one of two means of identification: a credit card number or a mobile phone number. They will also be prompted twice to confirm they have permission and really want to unlock flight in the restricted area."

Does anyone know where, or if this software is available for download?
How do you create a DJI Online Account?

Would really be great if our EAA Chapter could do drone training and demonstration flights on the airport grounds, with tower permission of course.

GR

We heard this is something coming down the road. It's a feature that hasn't been released. DJI partners with a company that keeps no-fly zone maps, and this is one of the services they offer. So we'll probably see this ability in a future DJI update.

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum George. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

You can create a DJI account here - Register | DJI Store

When it is available they will alert you via the Go app and you can bet it will be reported here on the forum. ;)
Thanks for the welcome, greatly appreciated!
I tried to register with the link above, but all I can get is a 404 no page found error.
There does not seem to be any registration link on their web site!
Guess I will just need to keep coming back and trying the link, at a later time.
Thanks,
GR

I wrote dji and they sent docs for exceptions around restricted areas.
After that I don't know.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

I wrote dji and they sent docs for exceptions around restricted areas.
After that I don't know.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
Did the documents describe what to do to get the exceptions?
GR

The docs were a questionnaire, disclaimer and release of liability. Had to be all filled out, signed and copy of ID given. I inquired about being a student of a local collage and they also wanted a letter from the school on letterhead stating the reason for the exception.

The docs were a questionnaire, disclaimer and release of liability. Had to be all filled out, signed and copy of ID given. I inquired about being a student of a local collage and they also wanted a letter from the school on letterhead stating the reason for the exception.

Lawyers, gotta love them.

Reactions: aka1ceman
Here is the quote from DJI's email
We now provide unlock for organization for Phantom 3 and Inspire 1 with below materials, please reply to [email protected] with all materials and info attached.
1. The organization must provide a written statement that they are legally allowed to fly in their intended area
2. The ID of the person signing the document must be provided
3. The attacheddisclaimer must be signed
4. The attached NDA must be signed
5. Name, address of the area to be unlocked
6. Intended time to fly.

Attachments

• Unilateral NDA_SZ (settle in China).pdf
    265.6 KB · Views: 606
  • Disclaimer_No_Fly English and Chinese.pdf
    460.7 KB · Views: 585
I see, so that is for organizations to unlock the no fly zones... interesting.
.....IM guessing for say an AMA field within NFZ.?

This has not been released yet.
Watch this video and you'll know as much as anyone does about it.
Hey meta4. Quick question. I'm living in Brisbane and seems this is your home town from looking at your great webpage you link in your signature.
I see you have flown of the river taking some cool photos over the river towards the city. I see from the DJI no-fly zone that it's not on their list but when I use RPAS logger app I see most of BNE CBD is a no fly zone. It seems DJI cover major airports but RPAS logger includes smaller airfields and helipads
Any idea which one I should believe as I was hoping on taking the boat up the river to launch from to get some shots. RPAS logger also knocks out most of Redcliffe as D'bay airfield is nearby.
Great forum and keep up the good work.
Barry

Hey meta4. Quick question. I'm living in Brisbane and seems this is your home town from looking at your great webpage you link in your signature.
I see you have flown of the river taking some cool photos over the river towards the city. I see from the DJI no-fly zone that it's not on their list but when I use RPAS logger app I see most of BNE CBD is a no fly zone. It seems DJI cover major airports but RPAS logger includes smaller airfields and helipads
Any idea which one I should believe as I was hoping on taking the boat up the river to launch from to get some shots. RPAS logger also knocks out most of Redcliffe as D'bay airfield is nearby.
Great forum and keep up the good work.
Barry
G'day Barry ... Things around the CBD the only things I can think of are the helipads at RBH and the Mater.
There has also been a floating helipad I remember seeing upstream and downstream of the Captain Cook Bridge - but it's seldom used - if ever - I don't think I've seen it for quite a while.
The CBD is full of radio interference so it's hard to go far but around sunset you can get some good compositions.

Anyone know if this has been implemented in the new 1.6 fw?

Reactions: droneViator

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj