Litchi waypoint mission fail

Reaction score
I'm having difficulty executing a waypoint mission in Litchi. The P4 takes off and proceeds to waypoint 1 and then just stops there, but keeps climbing. Any idea what is going on?

I'm having difficulty executing a waypoint mission in Litchi. The P4 takes off and proceeds to waypoint 1 and then just stops there, but keeps climbing. Any idea what is going on?
Share the mission on Litchi Mission Hub so we can take a look at it.

Here's the mission link: Mission Hub - Litchi
I used to run this mission without a hitch when using Litchi on my Samsung Note 3 phone. The problem started when I switched to a new Galaxy Tab A 7" tablet. Could it be the tablet?

Here's the mission link: Mission Hub - Litchi
I used to run this mission without a hitch when using Litchi on my Samsung Note 3 phone. The problem started when I switched to a new Galaxy Tab A 7" tablet. Could it be the tablet?
The mission looks straightforward enough. Can you fly FPV using the galaxy Tab to confirm that Litchi works on your device? No experience with android devices except from what I have read here on the forum and there are all sorts of recommendations for ensuring that you are only running one app at a time etc.

Reactions: Craig H
I notice you're using the default cruising speed. Could your cruising speed somehow have been set to zero? That might explain why the drone doesn't proceed once it reaches WP1

On WP 8 there is an action Stay For 0s. Actions should be disabled in curved turns, but maybe it is confusing?

Well, I think I may have found the issue. I've been using a PolarPro gimbal guard which apparently interfered with the VPS. The problem manifested itself on DJI Go 4 as well when trying to use its Waypoints flight mode. No matter how high I flew (as high as 200ft), it was telling me I couldn't record a waypoint because I was below 3m altitude! I googled the issue and sure enough there's a ton of comments relating to gimbal guard interference with the VPS. Moreover, there's a DJI advisory that use of third party gimbal guards will void the warranty as it may lead to flight control issues. I will do a test Litchi mission in the morning.

BTW, I went back to flying with my smartphone and had the same problem. So it was not the tablet. I installed the gimbal guard at the same time I switched t the tablet. I will report back after my test flight.

Success. No gimbal guard, no problem. I flew several Litchi waypoint missions without a single glitch. Rock solid. Do not buy/use the PolarPro gimbal guard!

The reason my P4 would stop after the first waypoint and slowly climb was because the gimbal guard was directly below the underside sensors. While doing a bug removal, I noticed that it would not be able to see downward. So I moved it forward and Litchi is working fine. Now I can enroll in more Phantom Filmschool courses. I want to thank everyone for their efforts to alleviate this problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl