Litchi vs Autopilot

They are both commonly used DJI GO replacements. If you search the forums here, you'll find a lot of people talking about them.

I use Litchi almost exclusively. I haven't used AutoPilot in a year or so.

I've been using Litchi for awhile and I like it a lot. I'm intrigued by Autopilot, though. It has some cool features, but some downsides as well. I'll prolly pull the trigger. It's a hobby, after all..

Look at Litchi question from post #15 on.

Reactions: Apilot101
I really like Litchi. I gave up Go completely. When I first got a Phantom after flying home built rigs for so long, the biggest thing I missed is my Taranis talking to me. It felt like i was deaf every time I flew. Spoken telemetry lets you key your eye on the fpv screen for flying, not so much looking for telemetry. Litchi talks to me! Had someone told me that, I would have switched a long time ago.

I have a buddy that loves AutoPilot. I will probably have to try it someday

All I use is litchi, isn't Autopilot free now and probably on down not going to get further developed?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I use both also, Litchi mostly when I know signal may be an issue, and AP when I stay close. Both are excellent apps with subtle differences. I recommend you get both

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Both are good apps, Litchi is more popular.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have both and prefer Litchi as it's very easy to use. The Autopilot app is far more flexible but also morecomplex and has a much steeper learning curve (IMO).

Reactions: Apilot101
Guys, sorry to ambush a thread but I have just pulled the trigger on a new iPad mini 3 to go with my phantom 3pro and I am looking to get either litchi or autopilot. My question is-do either /both of them need to have cellular data to get the maps when I am outide? The reason I ask is because the iPad I just bought is WiFi only (impulse buy on eBay!)

Thanks guys.

Guys, sorry to ambush a thread but I have just pulled the trigger on a new iPad mini 3 to go with my phantom 3pro and I am looking to get either litchi or autopilot. My question is-do either /both of them need to have cellular data to get the maps when I am outide? The reason I ask is because the iPad I just bought is WiFi only (impulse buy on eBay!)

Thanks guys.

Yes but I think you can pre-populate the google maps (cached) in the app as long as you know where you will be flying. The thing that you miss mostly with a WiFi only iPad is the GPS which only comes with cell capable models and works with maps even when no cell signal is available. An option is to use your phone as a WiFi hotspot and tether your new iPad to it. Personally, I won't ever own another WiFi only iPad. I actually use an iPad 4 (cell capable) as a chartplotter on my boat in Canada because the GPS works even when I have turned off all cellular capabilities. The software I use has the maps loaded locally so I don't need an internet connection.

Yes,you could cache your maps,or if you are out and about do what I do I wireless tether to my phone and than can cruise the internet

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: CLR121212
Yes but I think you can pre-populate the google maps (cached) in the app as long as you know where you will be flying. The thing that you miss mostly with a WiFi only iPad is the GPS which only comes with cell capable models and works with maps even when no cell signal is available. An option is to use your phone as a WiFi hotspot and tether your new iPad to it. Personally, I won't ever own another WiFi only iPad. I actually use an iPad 4 (cell capable) as a chartplotter on my boat in Canada because the GPS works even when I have turned off all cellular capabilities. The software I use has the maps loaded locally so I don't need an internet connection.

Thanks for that, I never even thought about tethering to my iphone! Now to find out how to do that.....

Thanks for that, I never even thought about tethering to my iphone! Now to find out how to do that.....

Just go into the settings and set up the Personal Hotspot. After that it's just like connecting to any WiFi hotspot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen