Litchi Radar?

Reaction score
DJI 4 app has that nice radar screen that tells us where are drones are pointed. I cannot find this radar in Litchi. Can anybody explain and help me find it. (I know the little drone symbol shows the direction but the radar screen was pretty nice). Assistance please.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

DJI 4 app has that nice radar screen that tells us where are drones are pointed. I cannot find this radar in Litchi. Can anybody explain and help me find it. (I know the little drone symbol shows the direction but the radar screen was pretty nice). Assistance please.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess your using an Apple device?

Unfortunately it isn't available for iOS.

It SUCKS!!

That's kind of an important part for monitoring your flight IMO.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess your using an Apple device?

Unfortunately it isn't available for iOS.

It SUCKS!!

That's kind of an important part for monitoring your flight IMO.

I agree, that is a major oversight to not have that feature as I use it big time to have the best radio signal.

I agree, that is a major oversight to not have that feature as I use it big time to have the best radio signal.

It prevents me from using the app when I'm not doing missions (which is the majority of the time).

Had I known this before purchasing it, I would have just gone with AutoPilot....

Hopefully this will be rectified soon because it is otherwise a great app!

Don't worry I have an Tab S 8.4 and the AC on the little radar(Litchi) must be someone else's because it certainly doesn't correlate with mine.

Okay, I feel really dumb as a lump of granite... I've never been able to understand exactly what that little radar thing is showing me. Can someone explain? Fer Gawds sake, I'm an engineer, physicist, former COO of a successful small company, etc., and I can't make clear sense out of the explanation in the manual (GO or Litchi).

Please raise my IQ on this... :D

Okay, I feel really dumb as a lump of granite... I've never been able to understand exactly what that little radar thing is showing me. Can someone explain? Fer Gawds sake, I'm an engineer, physicist, former COO of a successful small company, etc., and I can't make clear sense out of the explanation in the manual (GO or Litchi).

Please raise my IQ on this... :D

Well it's pretty simple.

It shows you the direction in which your drone is heading, with the very center of the radar indicating where you/controller are at.

It comes in handy in those times when you're flying long distances where one can sometimes get disoriented, thus allowing you to know which way to face your drone to head back home..

I noticed that as well. However, I am able to use the "little" map as a "radar screen" since when I am Flying FPV, I am watching what the camera sees and the little map shows the orientation of the AC.

Well it's pretty simple.

It shows you the direction in which your drone is heading, with the very center of the radar indicating where you/controller are at.

It comes in handy in those times when you're flying long distances where one can sometimes get disoriented, thus allowing you to know which way to face your drone to head back home..
So when pointing "up" (North if the little round display was a compass -- I understand it is NOT, just using this as a means for common understanding), it is heading directly away from me. If pointing "down" it's heading directly to me.

Is that correct? And is this actually relative to the Home Point, or to my actual location with the controller?

The latter would seem to require a GPS fix by the device running Litchi, which is usually available, but not guaranteed. The Home Point reference, on the other hand, is set by the AC.

I experimented a bit at the end of a mission and the heading on the radar didn't seem to agree with the phantoms heading in relation to the home point or the controler (I was standing under a tree about 30m from the HP) I really had not taken much notice of it until I was more familiar with the rest of the app .Now I'd like to work it out .

Dwaller the arrow in the compass shows you the orientation of your drone. The point of the arrow is its direction of flight relative to you. You should learn to fly by this for when you lose gps mode. It will let you fly your drone back in atti or sport.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I had the AC facing away from me with and the AC and myself facing North and the radar shows the AC pointing in my general direction and off 35-40 degrees ? I tried to fly by just watching it and it was impossible.

Just got a return email from Litchi regarding the omission of the radar on iOS systems.

They say it's not a high priority for them because of low demand.

Oh really?!

If thats the case, then why is it on their android version as well as the DJI Go app?

Sounds like a runaround to me...

Dwaller the arrow in the compass shows you the orientation of your drone. The point of the arrow is its direction of flight relative to you. You should learn to fly by this for when you lose gps mode. It will let you fly your drone back in atti or sport.
Relative to me, or the Home Point?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl