Litchi Mission Lost Phantom

Ok guys, we did recover my phantom. We used a climbing tree stand to recover it. After several hours in the house to get everything up to ambient temp. The battery charged right up like normal. The camera/gimbal assembly had broken away from the base plate. As soon as the AC was touched in the tree the camera fell to the ground. The AC was lowered down via small rope. Some how some way the sd card is gone. It must have popped out from the fall or the initial collision with the tree. That sucks. Anyways the battery appears to work. I spent time putting all the wires back into the white connector on the gimbal. The black and gray wires that lead to the antennas inside the battery compartment have broken. I used the 2 flat internal antennas I had removed from my RC when I installed my DBS mod. I plugged them into the gimbal and just let them hang down. (Didnt even know if this would work) I powered on the phantom and fired up the remote and app. I couldnt get the ac and rc to link until after it demanded I do the latest firmware update. Did all that and now everything appears to work! Camera/gimbal and aircraft. I only idle the motors in the house props off. It picked up satellites like normal. I recalibrated the imu and gimbal. I need to buy the 2 flat antennas to install inside the ac. Is there a part# for these?

Attachments

• 0115171407a.jpg
    0115171407a.jpg
    984.4 KB · Views: 584
  • 0115171632_HDR.jpg
    0115171632_HDR.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 461
  • 0115171631_HDR.jpg
    0115171631_HDR.jpg
    8 MB · Views: 479
  • 0115171407c.jpg
    0115171407c.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 484
Last edited:
Ok guys, we did recover my phantom. We used a climbing tree stand to recover it. After several hours in the house to get everything up to ambient temp. The battery charged right up like normal. The camera/gimbal assembly had broken away from the base plate. As soon as the AC was touched in the tree the camera fell to the ground. The AC was lowered down via small rope. Some how some way the sd card is gone. It must have popped out from the fall or the initial collision with the tree. That sucks. Anyways the battery appears to work. I spent time putting all the wires back into the white connector on the gimbal. The black and gray wires that lead to the antenna inside the battery compartment have broken. I used the 2 flat internal antennas I had removed from my RC when I installed my DBS mod. I plugged them into the gimbal and just let them hang down. (Didnt even know if this would work) I powered on the phantom and fired up the remote and app. I couldnt get the ac and rc to link until after it demanded I do the latest firmware update. Did all that and now everything appears to work! Camera/gimbal and aircraft. I only idle the motors in the house props off. It picked up satellites like normal. I recalibrated the imu and gimbal. I need to buy the 2 flat antennas to install inside the ac. Is there a part# for these?
AWESOME THATS GOOD NEWS

Ok guys, we did recover my phantom. We used a climbing tree stand to recover it. After several hours in the house to get everything up to ambient temp. The battery charged right up like normal. The camera/gimbal assembly had broken away from the base plate. As soon as the AC was touched in the tree the camera fell to the ground. The AC was lowered down via small rope. Some how some way the sd card is gone. It must have popped out from the fall or the initial collision with the tree. That sucks. Anyways the battery appears to work. I spent time putting all the wires back into the white connector on the gimbal. The black and gray wires that lead to the antennas inside the battery compartment have broken. I used the 2 flat internal antennas I had removed from my RC when I installed my DBS mod. I plugged them into the gimbal and just let them hang down. (Didnt even know if this would work) I powered on the phantom and fired up the remote and app. I couldnt get the ac and rc to link until after it demanded I do the latest firmware update. Did all that and now everything appears to work! Camera/gimbal and aircraft. I only idle the motors in the house props off. It picked up satellites like normal. I recalibrated the imu and gimbal. I need to buy the 2 flat antennas to install inside the ac. Is there a part# for these?

Glad you got it back. Great read. I got home tonight and had to read the conclusion.
Not to point fingers but did you take the sd card out after the last mission and forget to put it back in. I have sent my drone up to snap some pics. The app allows pics from the remote, only to find out when I land the bird there is no SD card in it.

Glad you got it back. Great read. I got home tonight and had to read the conclusion.
Not to point fingers but did you take the sd card out after the last mission and forget to put it back in. I have sent my drone up to snap some pics. The app allows pics from the remote, only to find out when I land the bird there is no SD card in it.
No, The sd card was definitely in it and recording when I sent it up.

I just ordered the 2 antennas part#97 (found a link to amazon for these on this forum) and a new base plate. I super glued the crashed one just for the test tonight. Thanks again everyone...

Reactions: Neon Euc
Wow such a great week reading this bit by bit. In an odd way I was hoping that this would go on longer lol but so glad you got it back tho and damage is not that bad at all. Def makes the special bond between man and machine that bit more special [emoji4]

Neon Euc

I'm glad you had a happy ending Dave.

Tobby

Antennas:
Phantom 3 Antenna (4pcs) DJIPH3P3

Reactions: JohnnyB
The lengths we go to for our Drones!!. When a family member has a newborn, all the women stand around looking at the baby saying, awe isn't it so cute, us men don't even bother, but when there is a good Drone story! Or a mates hotted up car, we could talk about it all day!!! We treat it like it's the Holy Grail. It gets cleaned before we put it away, we're constantly reading about it, we love them to death!! It's pretty sad, but that's just the way it is![emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

The lengths we go to for our Drones!!. When a family member has a newborn, all the women stand around looking at the baby saying, awe isn't it so cute, us men don't even bother, but when there is a good Drone story! Or a mates hotted up car, we could talk about it all day!!! We treat it like it's the Holy Grail. It gets cleaned before we put it away, we're constantly reading about it, we love them to death!! It's pretty sad, but that's just the way it is![emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Damm right! These drones ARE our babies.

(Meanwhile, the "Evil son" having just got a Amazon order of his new 50x sniper scope) knelt low and took aim... across the hill, quietly pulling back the bolt action and then locking it.................... (Static)..........
.(Ends up the so called "evil son" had bought his 50X sniper scope from a 3rd party seller on Amazon not realizing this refurbished model had no cross hairs... slowly releasing hammer and fuming at daddy, he watched as Tarzan skimmed the tree like a cat with turpentine on its a**, saving the fallen bird........ "Next time Dynamic Dave, next time".... )

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
"If you loose your Drone, call Drone Dave, Lots of experience looking for Drones, especially recovering, we have an enormous crew of dedicated resources that are willing at short notice, no tree too big or small. Difficult clients a specialty!

That's absolutely fantastic news Dave.

After a week and a half in the elements I would be inclined to throw the bird in a tote with a bag of cat litter for a few days, while awaiting parts, just to suck out any remaining moisture. The motors aren't too sensitive to water but the rest, especially ESC chips, are just dying to release their magic smoke.

Congratulations on the recovery!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Stealth mission. Have someone fly your new one to cover you, get dropped off as close as possible run in and get it. The pilot can alert you if someone is coming and lead you out in a safe direction and call your ride to pick you up after you recover the lost package

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
IF NO fence, no signs, I like this plan

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94