Litchi Mission Lost Phantom

What a great thread! Tonight I'm gonna pour a scotch and reread this for enjoyment. Now I have to understand how to download maps to do remote autoflight flight plans before I get on site hopefully taking into effect things like tree heights from scans ...wow...

Awesome... and it still works!!

7MKka.gif

Nice team effort, yall!

Now he does the property owner feel about you sifting through the dirt under his trees to find that SD card??

Reactions: MrMedic
Awesome... and it still works!!

7MKka.gif

Nice team effort, yall!

Now he does the property owner feel about you sifting through the dirt under his trees to find that SD card??
Funny you should mention this. I was just wondering if it would be pushing my luck to ask the guy again if I could look for a "part I dropped by the tree". I'd bring my metal detector its gotta be on the ground nearby.

Reactions: KiwiBird
Funny you should mention this. I was just wondering if it would be pushing my luck to ask the guy again if I could look for a "part I dropped by the tree". I'd bring my metal detector its gotta be on the ground nearby.
I'd call it even. Poking around with a metal detector might get someone's radar going. Just sayin. Video would be nice but we can all imagine just by reading this thread. Also, congrats. Now you have 2 birds!!! I hope the wife doesn't mind.

Reactions: Neon Euc
I'd call it even. Poking around with a metal detector might get someone's radar going. Just sayin. Video would be nice but we can all imagine just by reading this thread. Also, congrats. Now you have 2 birds!!! I hope the wife doesn't mind.
I think that the ever loving bride should own one of those two once the "LOSTY" gets a clearance from the flight surgeon. After all if she had not suggested the replacement bird, the aerial search would not have happened, and the "LOSTY" might still be lost.

Tobby

Not weighed in on any of this but it is pretty normal to need to return to find something else "dropped." I would just go...and I am one of the more proper people around...

Just like the initial bird search, there can be no harm in asking.......

Love this story!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

That must be one **** of a metal detector to pick up a SD card.

Reactions: Vega
I got my first P4p at Christmas and have yet to fly for the first time. Haven't had time to even read the manual as I've been following this story since the beginning with great anticipation. Actually, the holidays, weather, work, and a bit of newby apprehension are the real reasons. I've gotta travel for work and it'll be another couple weeks before I can get to it. It's killing me....

I have spent a lot of time reading through this forum and am incredibly impressed at what a great group of pilots are out there. This is such a bonus coming into this hobby and not realizing or even thinking about this type of comradery.... and entertainment..... all the while getting educated.

Dave, you have to find that's **** card...... the story continues..... Would love to see the footage and a second attempt for successful mission.

Sent from my SM-G900V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: JohnnyB
Ok who is going to make the short film... or even better lets make a phony trailer for a fictitious movie.

Morgan Freemans voice with areal shots of new england in the fall;

"....sometimes in life things don't always go as planned...."

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
And technically I suggested to him to abandon the search on the ground and focus in the trees.
You guys are too funny, having a three way gentleman's argument over who help him the most.

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
And technically I suggested to him to abandon the search on the ground and focus in the trees.
I think you should review posts#36, #38 and #40. ;-)

Tobby

I got my first P4p at Christmas and have yet to fly for the first time. Haven't had time to even read the manual as I've been following this story since the beginning with great anticipation. Actually, the holidays, weather, work, and a bit of newby apprehension are the real reasons. I've gotta travel for work and it'll be another couple weeks before I can get to it. It's killing me....

I have spent a lot of time reading through this forum and am incredibly impressed at what a great group of pilots are out there. This is such a bonus coming into this hobby and not realizing or even thinking about this type of comradery.... and entertainment..... all the while getting educated.

Dave, you have to find that's **** card...... the story continues..... Would love to see the footage and a second attempt for successful mission.

Sent from my SM-G900V using PhantomPilots mobile app
I was thinking since I have 2 P3S's now why not attempt the same mission again with altitude adjusted of course. I'd use the same one that was in the tree for 2 weeks with the same battery that was in it. I still have to test to see if my metal detector will pick up an sd card outside on the ground.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl