Litchi Mission Lost Phantom

Quick update. The property owner was super nice! He says "Sure go grab it". He apologized for his sons attitude. I am going to pick up my brother and use a climbing tree stand to retrieve it I think.
The crowd claps enthusiastically.

Reactions: Neon Euc
(Meanwhile, the "Evil son" having just got a Amazon order of his new 50x sniper scope) knelt low and took aim... across the hill, quietly pulling back the bolt action and then locking it.................... (Static)..........

Quick update. The property owner was super nice! He says "Sure go grab it". He apologized for his sons attitude. I am going to pick up my brother and use a climbing tree stand to retrieve it I think.

Great news.
I am a new P3S owner and have been following this thread and learned a lot.
Thanks to all who contributed their technical expertise.

(Meanwhile, the "Evil son" having just got a Amazon order of his new 50x sniper scope) knelt low and took aim... across the hill, quietly pulling back the bolt action and then locking it.................... (Static)..........
Bwahaha... You should go thread to thread narrating.....

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg

Rod

I know you probably thought he was going to be nice (we wish) and not a A-hole. Personally I would have thought twice about telling him what you where doing, too late for that now. And I don't believe your trespassing if it's not posted and you didn't hop a fence. I would seek out the real property owner asap, the Dad. You have a 50/50 change he's not a A-hole like this guy sounds.

"Personally I would have thought twice about telling him what you where doing, too late for that now"

He didn't have time to think twice and make an excuse.
Why not tell the truth?

Rod

Last edited:
Stay tuned for parts 6 & 7 of Dave's Flying Adventures : Recovery and Repair !
8 & 9.... Dave's incident with the "Evil son": Hostile re-flyover and re-recovery.

Reactions: JohnnyB
"Personally I would have thought twice about telling him what you where doing, too late for that now"

He didn't have time to thing twice and make an excuse.
Why not tell the truth?

Rod
Remember how the son reacted, that's why. Imagine if he was the property owner, and not the dad. John would have been out of luck now. Because once he told him to get off his land and don't return, your done with getting your drone back on your own. He would have needed to go to the law if he thought it was worth it. I know he was thinking on his feet and was upfront about what he was doing, a lot of people would have done the same. Luckily the Dad turn out to be nice about it. But personally I would have made up a story about looking for a lost dog or something, and not confided in a stranger approaching me on the roadside, not really knowing how he was. Am I pessimistic on peoples true intentions, yes.

Remember how the son reacted, that's why. Imagine if he was the property owner, and not the dad. John would have been out of luck now. Because once he told him to get off his land and don't return, your done with getting your drone back on your own. He would have needed to go to the law if he thought it was worth it. I know he was thinking on his feet and was upfront about what he was doing, a lot of people would have done the same. Luckily the Dad turn out to be nice about it. But personally I would have made up a story about looking for a lost dog or something, and not confided in a stranger approaching me on the roadside, not really knowing how he was. Am I pessimistic on peoples true intentions, yes.
Reply, on the fly.....

Reactions: Neon Euc and RodPad
What a great out come to a great story, only thing is its like finishing a good book your going to miss reading it :(

Nine days dead in a tree... how has the weather been in that neighbourhood since the crash? Hopefully it's been below freezing and dry. I'm now getting interested in chapter two of this story, The Injured Bird's Homecoming.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

'The Injured Bird's Homecoming'........ well the drone made it home just fine, and the " Evil son" was shot and captured close to the recovery spot... the real question remains... does the recovered Phantom try the original mission ( way point altitudes adjusted correctly) to fly to the brother's house and back?

(Does Netflix cover Phantom pilots threads?)

'The Injured Bird's Homecoming'........ well the drone made it home just fine, and the " Evil son" was shot and captured close to the recovery spot... the real question remains... does the recovered Phantom try the original mission ( way point altitudes adjusted correctly) to fly to the brother's house and back?

"Get back on the horse" [emoji48]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
And deffo upload the original video so we can see how close or how far it was to completing the mission

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94