Litchi for P3

I will try some "Cable Cam" stuff on the simulator later this afternoon. Right now I have a big project in the attic that needs to get done before it gets to 120degs up there.

You might try a poi as well. Cable cam has its place and I have found that a perfect frame at both ends might not be what you want in center. I might lean towards something more like course lock.

And regarding attic. I have same issue. I have been planning on getting a couple feedlines up there since spring. Then summer came and now waiting for fall

And regarding attic. I have same issue. I have been planning on getting a couple feedlines up there since spring. Then summer came and now waiting for fall

Thanks. Well, my attic work is far less rewarding than new feedlines. The previous owner ran overhead plumbing and didn't insulate any pipes. 145' of foam tube insulation has been my project and my 'Sword of Damocles' since I bought the place 3 years ago. Now it is done.

My project would not have been such a big deal if I had used my head when I designed and built the house. If I had ran a 2" conduit from basement to attic near the fireplace chase I would have been set. But I was more excited about having a new house and did not think about all the places I could string dipoles (and get feedline to).

Glad you got it finished. Good luck with your flying at the game.

To test whether the RTH low battery function is battery-driven or app driven, use a low battery as suggested, use orbit mode with a small orbit right near you over soft grass and in line of sight. Once the orbit starts, shut off the tablet (or phone) No app present. I don't know if the orbit will continue or if it will stop and hover, but I believe it will continue until told otherwise. You can still regain control at any time with the RC. Just let it continue and see if the RTH kicks in. Then you will know for sure. My guess is that low battery RTH is too important a function to be app driven, because, if you have lost signal, or the app crashes, it would never kick in and you would lose the bird. The programmers must have considered those possibilities when writing the firmware. In my opinion, anything other than battery driven is a bit irresponsible from a programming point of view. But then again, I am not a programmer.

I was going to post this and forgot. I think :)

This is a simple straight line mission of the neighbors house (vacant). 3 waypoints with the last being higher in elevation to pull away. One POI near the driveway.

Wish I had flown it a little faster but was not paying attention.

I was going to post this and forgot. I think :)

This is a simple straight line mission of the neighbors house (vacant). 3 waypoints with the last being higher in elevation to pull away. One POI near the driveway.

Wish I had flown it a little faster but was not paying attention.

boy there is some big houses othere.
mime is only 1188 sq feet.

Here are a couple videos from this morning's litchi flight tests. The first is a follow-me test flight - I was changing settings, slowing, stopping, starting, turning just to see what it did and how it did - as a result, it is a bit rough. But I was impressed - this feature will easily provide some great shots

The second is a groundstation waypoint mission. One think I really like about litchi is the ability to plan missions at home on my tablet. I use a nexus 7 2013 wifi, so no coverage out in the boat for mapping - and it is a whole lot more pleasant to sit on the couch an plan missions than to try to do it in the sun and heat where flying. The only hitch I had was that my 1st waypoint was too far (over 2k feet) from my home point (I had drifted after launching) for the mission to start. Problem solved, though, with another litchi trick - a long press on the map (cached in my case) near the 1st WP resulted in a new home point that was well within range, and off she went. This mission had static bearings and manual gimbal adjustments so was pretty basic. I had planned to modify while there with POIs for bearing and gimbal focii, but the wind was picking up so I decided to pack it in.

Just got onto this app and am loving it. Plot way points in without the bird flying is a definite bonus and Litchi hasn't crashed on me once. Great app!!!

Reactions: SENC
Really bummed this isn't for iOS. This must be how most android users feel. 80% of app revenue comes through the iOS ecosystem in spite of market share.

i Love Litchi. It's a great app.. Excellent to be able to plot way points without the bird in the air. Allows me to thoroughly pre-plan and refine a mission, without working against the clock as with the Go app. I don't think Litchi has dropped out once,
Go seemed to be more Stop on my tablet and I tried a lot of settings to remedy problem.

All I can say is Go Litchi!!

Can you setup a POI with with gimbal/camera angles. Or a waypoint with camera angles at each waypoint?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can you setup a POI with with gimbal/camera angles. Or a waypoint with camera angles at each waypoint?

Yes, in a variety of ways. Check out the help section of the flylitchi.com website for the online manual and you can review the options. In short, headings can be set based on direction to next waypoint, hard-coded at each waypoint, follow the nearest poi, or user controlled. Gimbal angle can be set to follow the nearest poi, interpolate between wp settings, or user controlled.

I just bought it also..............especially for the WP's
now seaching for the manual

I just bought it also..............especially for the WP's
now seaching for the manual
Help - Litchi

Screenshot_2015-09-13-08-39-04.png

I am a little bit disappointed!!!! Why...................in LITCHY advertising they write
"You have to connect to Internet ONCE"

It seems NOT to be the TRUTH !
I was with my Nexus 10 (have NO SIM card) to try the WP's flight but I had to take my Nexus 5 to connect to Internet.

Do I ALWAYS need an INTERNET CONNECTION to get Litchy working ???

Piloot Yves

I am a little bit disappointed!!!! Why...................in LITCHY advertising they write
"You have to connect to Internet ONCE"

It seems NOT to be the TRUTH !
I was with my Nexus 10 (have NO SIM card) to try the WP's flight but I had to take my Nexus 5 to connect to Internet.

Do I ALWAYS need an INTERNET CONNECTION to get Litchy working ???

Piloot Yves
My nexus 7 had no internet and it works fine

Does litchi use your settings for the camera and active braking etc from the go app. Whatever settings you have on the go app is what litchi will use ?

For the moment.. Yes.., at least what the go app could store to the phantom. camera settings seems to be on the development short list

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18