Litchi for P3

The simulator is cool. Wished it would remember the lat/long I put it. Have not found a way to do that yet. Maybe there is a config file with China in there now !

Yea Cable Cam. Good stuff.

My mistake, I was looking at an Ultimate Flight mission file in Excel. UF uses a comma delimited file format.

Just started using the Litchi Ground Station and so far liking it.

How do I manually yaw the P3 while in a mission?

If I set the altitude for way point #1 at 100' and then way point #2 at 200', does the P3 arrive at #2 at 200' or arrive and then go to 200.
I suppose if I didn't have to go to work right now, I could try it in the simulator...LOL..

How do I manually yaw the P3 while in a mission?
When you go to run mission under heading mode select "user controlled". This will allow you to left stick the heading you desire as it goes on mission.

If I set the altitude for way point #1 at 100' and then way point #2 at 200', does the P3 arrive at #2 at 200' or arrive and then go to 200..

Straight cable line from point A to point B. So in your example it will start at 100' and gradually go up. So halfway it will be at 150' and end up at 200'. So the horizontal and vertical change is happening at same time.

Is there an automatic way to enter into an orbit mission from a way point mission?

I assume now, you could set a way point, fly to it, end the mission, then play an orbit mission.

Is there an automatic way to enter into an orbit mission from a way point mission?

I assume now, you could set a way point, fly to it, end the mission, then play an orbit mission.

your 2nd method works..

or

you could conceivably do it by just using waypoints... draw straight line using 2 WP... draw a rough circle (or semi-circle or any shape) using bunch of WP and have it pointed to a point of interest in the middle...

New Developer FW and Litchi V1.7.7 available. Just wish the winds would subside in the evenings so I could comfortably fly the new stuff.

Yes I agree.

John just drop 4 way points around an object. Add a POI on the object. This should give you the orbit you want as long as you are looking for center camera.

The new Litchi is good so far. Have not got the tilt to work on the POI yet so need to figure that out.

EDIT just looked at my mission and I dont think I saved it with a POI ! Doh.

Follow up on above. Apparently at this time the POI is not saving with the mission. So need to add the POI when you take off for now.

So I ran another mission and added a POI and out of the park cool!

Ran point A to B and did a simultaneous Yaw and gimbal tilt at same time.

:D

Reactions: n6vmo
If I plan a mission that happens to take the P3 out of RC range, is the RTH function automatically started or does the mission finish?

If I plan a mission that happens to take the P3 out of RC range, is the RTH function automatically started or does the mission finish?

Yea that is part of the beauty of it. Fly beyond radio connectivity. When I fly over and up the river 2 miles away I can drop down low to elevations I could not maintain RC.

Battery becomes your only limiting factor. When I had my V+ I sent it to a friends house the next town away while I made coffee !

When you go to run mission under heading mode select "user controlled". This will allow you to left stick the heading you desire as it goes on mission.

Straight cable line from point A to point B. So in your example it will start at 100' and gradually go up. So halfway it will be at 150' and end up at 200'. So the horizontal and vertical change is happening at same time.

Curious: is altitude "curving" supported (I realize you could create the effect of pseudo-curving by adding a bunch of additional waypoints with geometrically progressing altitudes). The horizontal curving is nice. I am wondering if the horizontal curving calculations are performed by the app prior to (up)loading the course, or if the calculations are supported by and performed in the firmware code - given 2 points and the arc...probably a question for DJI or Litchi developers.

Curious: is altitude "curving" supported (I realize you could create the effect of pseudo-curving by adding a bunch of additional waypoints with geometrically progressing altitudes). The horizontal curving is nice. I am wondering if the horizontal curving calculations are performed by the app prior to (up)loading the course, or if the calculations are supported by and performed in the firmware code - given 2 points and the arc...probably a question for DJI or Litchi developers.

I can't answer about the altitude curve. I read about it but have not ran across the function so don't know if it was just being talked about or real.

As far as horizontal curves I assume they are calculated prior and uploaded with the mission if I understand you correctly. When you drag the curve slider you can actually see the curve on the map. Of course its complex as the angle of the curve changes dependent on the angle of corner. Looks totally different at < 90 compared to > 90 degrees.

If you are curious the Litchi developer is very good about responding !

Reactions: huntjock
At lunch I ran a 2 waypoint mission. Set a point of interest at front of house about 15' elevation to test the gimbal tilt function. I should have just set it at ground level as it would have been easier to follow.

Regardless. No issues at all. Worked perfect. Was borderline too windy to fly though.

Quick video.

Curious, are you guys running 1.3.2 FW for Litchi app or is there some special developer firmware?

P3A: W322 @ 1.04.0001
RC: GL300A @ 1.04.0001
DJi Pilot 1.2.0 or DJi Go or Litchi v1.7.6 or Ultimate Flight with Channel Expansion Mod.

But I think 1.3.2 is the same.

Curious, are you guys running 1.3.2 FW for Litchi app or is there some special developer firmware?

P3X_FW_V01.04.0005.bin for the pro.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav