Litchi app on FPV - is there a way to see the map?

Reaction score
I,m trying to get into fpv using litchi and VR headset, only proble. Is see is that i can.t see the map when using the VR view.

I use the map when flying home so i know whoch way to fly, i often fly a long way out and find this line to home useful.

Has anyone figured a way around this problem?

How are you trying to use VR?

If you are placing your phone into VR and connecting it on USB port, you can see maps too. You should change Litchi to normal FPV mode and change VR setting to 2D mode.

This means, you should have VR that can be operated in 2D and 3D side by side mode. Also you need a remote to click on the screen to change modes.

Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I.m not sure what u mean by vr 2d and vr3d

This is the view i get from litchi when i enter VR its a side by side (sbs) view. I presume u mean this is vr 3d?

When in this view i can.t enter map mode

When in the default view (non vr) i can view the map by pressing the c2 key, but pressing c2 key has no effect in vr mode

Attachments

• SmartSelectImage_2016-09-19-08-21-15.png
    SmartSelectImage_2016-09-19-08-21-15.png
    905.2 KB · Views: 703
May be I confused you. Give me your VR goggle model number.

I.m just using a google cardboard like vr box, its a no name made in china one. just a plastic box and lens

A sort of partial work around. I found i could map the c2 key to toggle the view from vr to normal non vr mode. then i mapped the c1 long press to swap map view, this of course means to see each half of the map i have to close my left then right eye alternately lol!

You can always hit the return to home button right? :) I'm looking to get litchi, so it's good to know about about these things before I start taking it out...

You can set home lock... then all you have to do is pull the right stick down and the drone will come back to you in a straight line no matter what..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Or you can use FPV Camera app. It does it all. It shows a map. It also has some other great indicators in FPV mode that help your orientation. In particular if you are using directional antennae it shows your (device) orientation towards the bird and of course the bird towards homepoint. It is by far the best, safest FPV app I have used or tried. I checked all of them out (IOS only).

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I.m not sure what u mean by vr 2d and vr3d

This is the view i get from litchi when i enter VR its a side by side (sbs) view. I presume u mean this is vr 3d?

When in this view i can.t enter map mode

When in the default view (non vr) i can view the map by pressing the c2 key, but pressing c2 key has no effect in vr mode

As phantom has just one camera, only 2d images are captured. External apps try to create a little shift in the pixels to create two images which are not identical and give an artificial 3D experience. Some of the fpv cameras also are capable of converting 2d images to 3D images. These are same as TVs which are capable of converting 2d to 3 d.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl