Litchi Advice

It appears to be system related too. I have no problem switching between the 2 on my iPad mini. Most of the issues that folks have reported running both have been on android devices.

Same here. When I use my iPad Mini 2, I can switch between them no problem. But, on my Nvidia Shield K1, I ended up deleting the DJI app because it interfered with Litchi.

Reactions: NoBiffBetter
Hi guys, just got Litchi. Anyone have any tips and or experience using it? I want to use it for automatic panoramas and the tracking with orbit. Would love to see or hear your results. Cheers! Robin
If you're planning on doing panoramas with Litchi, then be aware that there has been a problem with P3s drifting unacceptably when taking the shots. I haven't had a chance to check recently, but I think the problem still exists.

Details are here:- New Litchi Pano Mode Drifts with P3A

If you're planning on doing panoramas with Litchi, then be aware that there has been a problem with P3s drifting unacceptably when taking the shots. I haven't had a chance to check recently, but I think the problem still exists.

Details are here:- New Litchi Pano Mode Drifts with P3A

Shot a pano on my P3P on Thursday. No issues at all.

Thanks for all your help guys, took my P3P out this evening and had a test run. Tried the panorama and the follow me and orbit and it worked great! Just what I wanted. Very impressive, this is an amazing tool!

Reactions: Guzziknight
It may work for you, on your device, but I have seen posts on this forum of it causing issues.. so just cuz it works for you, I wouldn't go around recommending it, cuz reguardless if it does work, why chance it?

If your using litchi, use just litchi, if your using dji go.. just use dji go.

I am not giving advice that works for "just me". DJI designed the SDK for this operation. It would be irresponsible for DJI not to have. But more importantly for DJI, it would just be bad for business from crashes. The reason ANY software/tech company to allows 3rd party development is for better or different user experiences, i.e. Litchi. The reason they require that development to be done through an SDK is to have control over the experience and to make sure it does no harm.

Some of the apps, DronePan, as an example, is an app specifically designed for creating spherical panos. The app is very different from Litichi, which is a full flight operation app, that can also do panos. While it might be possible to fly DronePan launch to land, it was never designed for that. It was designed to fly to your pano location on Go and then switch over to DronePan

Study the SDK plan

Reactions: Quest-So
I am not giving advice that works for "just me". DJI designed the SDK for this operation. It would be irresponsible for DJI not to have. But more importantly for DJI, it would just be bad for business from crashes. The reason ANY software/tech company to allows 3rd party development is for better or different user experiences, i.e. Litchi. The reason they require that development to be done through an SDK is to have control over the experience and to make sure it does no harm.

Some of the apps, DronePan, as an example, is an app specifically designed for creating spherical panos. The app is very different from Litichi, which is a full flight operation app, that can also do panos. While it might be possible to fly DronePan launch to land, it was never designed for that. It was designed to fly to your pano location on Go and then switch over to DronePan

Study the SDK plan

Have you had any experience using DronePan? I saw your post and downloaded it in curiosity, but just testing the app at home, phantom on but props off, I couldn't see any way to change camera settings. Does it work in tandem with DJIGO or Litchi and take your camera settings grime there?

Have you had any experience using DronePan? I saw your post and downloaded it in curiosity, but just testing the app at home, phantom on but props off, I couldn't see any way to change camera settings. Does it work in tandem with DJIGO or Litchi and take your camera settings grime there?

Yep, lots of experience with DronePan. You can not operate 2 - 3rd part apps at the same time. You can not even have them open. So you can not use camera settings from Litchi. But you can set in Go. Except, IIRC with the P4P and Mavic the focus is set by DP to infinity

No those are not a bunch of little houses. Look up, look down, look all around

HoloBuilder: 360°, Augmented & Virtual Reality Web Platform

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka