Litchi Advice

Reaction score
Hi guys, just got Litchi. Anyone have any tips and or experience using it? I want to use it for automatic panoramas and the tracking with orbit. Would love to see or hear your results. Cheers! Robin

Check and go through every setting!!

Make sure you go though every option.. there is a lot more to it than dji go.. so make sure you have everything setup 100% the way you want it before takeoff.. also DO NOT run litchi and dji go app together.. meaning dont just minimize one app to run the other, always make sure you have only one app open at a time cuz they will counteract and mess with one another.

Other than that, I have used litchy more than a few times, I like it but usually only use it for recording the screen for my long distance flights and what not.. but the app for me has been very reliable.. just keep on your toes for the first few flights and don't fly too far just to test and make sure all is working properly, you can never be to careful IMO.

Lastly once your done using litchi, and want to go back to dji go, make sure you check your settings in dji go, cuz I have seen the settings in my dji go app change with the settings in litchi..

For example, one day I was changing the quick buttons on the back of the remote in litchi, I can't remember what I was changing them to.. but once I went back into dji go, I got up in the air and normally in dji go I have the map set up as my left trigger and battery set up on my right trigger, well it wasn't until I was in the air and pretty far away that I noticed my buttons were not working in dji go, I went to my settings in the go app to find out that both triggers were set to "none" instead of being map, and battery.. so just always double check your settings!

Other than that, have fun! There's lots you can do with litchi.

Reactions: Casey Cassity
Cool man! Thanks [emoji106]That's great info. I'm going to have a safe play around tomorrow and see how it goes. Lots to learn, but that's half the fun [emoji4] cheers

Litchi can work even if you lose connection but that would increase your heart beats for the first time.

Reactions: Phil H and mojito36
I switch between Go and Litchi by minimizing all of the time, no issues. You can switch between Go and any other DJI SDK based 3rd party app (DronePan, Maps Made Easy, Drone Deploy etc) in flight without issues. I do it with all of them. But you can not have 2 3rd party apps open at once.

Check and go through every setting!!

Make sure you go though every option.. there is a lot more to it than dji go.. so make sure you have everything setup 100% the way you want it before takeoff.. also DO NOT run litchi and dji go app together.. meaning dont just minimize one app to run the other, always make sure you have only one app open at a time cuz they will counteract and mess with one another.

Other than that, I have used litchy more than a few times, I like it but usually only use it for recording the screen for my long distance flights and what not.. but the app for me has been very reliable.. just keep on your toes for the first few flights and don't fly too far just to test and make sure all is working properly, you can never be to careful IMO.

Lastly once your done using litchi, and want to go back to dji go, make sure you check your settings in dji go, cuz I have seen the settings in my dji go app change with the settings in litchi..

For example, one day I was changing the quick buttons on the back of the remote in litchi, I can't remember what I was changing them to.. but once I went back into dji go, I got up in the air and normally in dji go I have the map set up as my left trigger and battery set up on my right trigger, well it wasn't until I was in the air and pretty far away that I noticed my buttons were not working in dji go, I went to my settings in the go app to find out that both triggers were set to "none" instead of being map, and battery.. so just always double check your settings!

Other than that, have fun! There's lots you can do with litchi.

I agree here. Just study the guide and watch a lot of YouTube videos. In most cases when someone posts here about losing their bird while in Litchi, 9 times out of 10 it was operator error program missions. I've been using litchi for about 6 months now and finding myself using it way more than the DJI app. Here's an example of saving and flying the same mission more than one time.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Casey Cassity
I agree here. Just study the guide and watch a lot of YouTube videos. In most cases when someone posts here about losing their bird while in Litchi, 9 times out of 10 it was operator error program missions. I've been using litchi for about 6 months now and finding myself using it way more than the DJI app. Here's an example of saving and flying the same mission more than one time.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Agreed 100% about the user error.

Just search "lost my drone using litchi" won't take long for you to come up with the same conclusion as us lol

I switch between Go and Litchi by minimizing all of the time, no issues. You can switch between Go and any other DJI SDK based 3rd party app (DronePan, Maps Made Easy, Drone Deploy etc) in flight without issues. I do it with all of them. But you can not have 2 3rd party apps open at once.

It may work for you, on your device, but I have seen posts on this forum of it causing issues.. so just cuz it works for you, I wouldn't go around recommending it, cuz reguardless if it does work, why chance it?

If your using litchi, use just litchi, if your using dji go.. just use dji go.

Because during a waypoint mission, AC will continue the mission even RC signal is lost. Depending on the length of the mission, it can have you wondering while in the dark if it will make it back.
That's not just true with Litchi. Any complete loss of signal can do that to you pending fail-safe RTH kicking in and getting back in range.

Reactions: NoBiffBetter
I'm with those who advice not to play back'n'forth with DJI Go app and Litchi while flying.
Recently I've hovered the bird nearby at 5 m height, stopped Go, tryed to open Litchi, it opened but didn't connected to the bird because Lichi has to run before starting the RC or AC, reverted back to Go app and noticed during this switch from Go to Litchi and back, both C1 & C2 buttons became unprogrammed, even I know these were always set to toggle from live view to map and viceversa, and to head the camera straight ahead or fully down.
If you start a flight session with Go, then go ahead and finish it using this app.
If you start the session with Litchi, then go with it and only with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pegasus Robin
Quest- I've had the same issue with both of my c1 and c2 buttons too and couldn't figure out why until now. I use GO to confirm settings on Rth etc... then close it and open litchi. But I never shut down the ac or rc when switching. Thanks for the info

it didn't opened because Lichi has to run before starting the RC or AC......
I've not experienced that. I can start Litchi at any point in the procedure and it works fine.

Good for you @stones
I remember I've did something like this (checking all settings in Go, then switching to Litchi), but just with the bird on ground, motors off.

It appears to be system related too. I have no problem switching between the 2 on my iPad mini. Most of the issues that folks have reported running both have been on android devices.

It appears to be system related too. I have no problem switching between the 2 on my iPad mini. Most of the issues that folks have reported running both have been on android devices.

Great point as iOS seems to be Superior with DJI products.

Because during a waypoint mission, AC will continue the mission even RC signal is lost. Depending on the length of the mission, it can have you wondering while in the dark if it will make it back.
That's not just true with Litchi. Any complete loss of signal can do that to you pending fail-safe RTH kicking in and getting back in range.

Right, ok I knew that. Just didn't know if he was talking about something different .. cool thanks

I'm with those who advice not to play back'n'forth with DJI Go app and Litchi while flying.
Recently I've hovered the bird nearby at 5 m height, stopped Go, tryed to open Litchi, it opened but didn't connected to the bird because Lichi has to run before starting the RC or AC, reverted back to Go app and noticed during this switch from Go to Litchi and back, both C1 & C2 buttons became unprogrammed, even I know these were always set to toggle from live view to map and viceversa, and to head the camera straight ahead or fully down.
If you start a flight session with Go, then go ahead and finish it using this app.
If you start the session with Litchi, then go with it and only with it.

This is exactly what happened to me.. and exactly what I was talking about/warning him about in my first or second post.. it's just another reason why it isn't wise to have both apps running at once.. why create more havoc or take the chance

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31