lightbridge firmware PROBLEM (and solution) - firmware version not found by dji assistant tool

Hello.

These are the photos of my weldings...
I read the whole topic, and I did the procedure, but unfortunately it does not leave the bootme ...
the log I sent above is created with the bsel and 3.3v in short or open ...

Attachments

• IMG_3094.JPG
    IMG_3094.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 743
  • IMG_3095.JPG
    IMG_3095.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 659
Hello.

These are the photos of my weldings...
I read the whole topic, and I did the procedure, but unfortunately it does not leave the bootme ...
the log I sent above is created with the bsel and 3.3v in short or open ...
Of course you should firmly plug the 2 pcb before to power it on for flashing.
It's like the memory in your case is protected...
You must also be sure that no metallic part touches the pcb in unwanted way so that no wrong electric contact is created. I placed tap over welded points otherwise, once reinserted in the aluminium chassis it makes short to ground.

The two boards are well connected...
I made sure they worked well (include even connecting to the lb ground)...
do you think I should do the procedure with it firmly mounted on the aluminum housing?

No but don't leave it powered for long time cause the chip will become hot and may stop in order to do not get broken.

Yes. I just turn in the time it takes to make the command, and since it does not work, I've already disconnected from the power ...

as for the problem you are presenting, do you have any idea what might cause it? I have done all the procedures listed in the forum ... including that of executing the command and reconnecting the unit, without using ctrl-c. But nothing worked ...

I have got the exact same problem as wtercato, I also get the corrupt message from the air system, and none of the methods here work. The log is pretty much the same as wtercato's, including the nand protected stuff.
I am on Win 10 64bit, but unfortunatly I dont have any access to other machines right now.

Last edited:
I still have this problem, and I could not solve it. Already done the procedures on other computers, including 32 bits. But nothing solved ... I already checked the wires and connections.

I am waiting for other people with similar problems for various tests in order to arrive in a solution.

The gaucho and all of the forum has already helped us a lot!

Reactions: mellingham
Hi Gaucho,
The solution proposed by you for the lightbridge can be applied to P2V +? I stopped using it for a few months and it does exactly the same thing, it does not transmit video but it does the telemetry.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Gaucho,
I'm trying to repair a ground unit.
I followed all the steps but the process keeps on looping with the following information:

Waiting for DONE...
Target: UART Receive Error
Target: Starting UART Boot...
Target: BOOTUBL

Waiting for SFT on the DM36x...
Target: Starting UART Boot...
Target: BOOTUBL
BOOTUBL commmand received. Returning CMD and command...
CMD value sent. Waiting for DONE...
Target: DONE
DONE received. Command was accepted.
Sending the UBL image
Waiting for SENDIMG sequence...
Target: SENDIMG
SENDIMG received. Returning ACK and header for image data...
ACK command sent. Waiting for BEGIN command...
Target: BEGIN
BEGIN commmand received.
100% [ ]
Image data sent...

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Hi all,
For those of you with Phantom 2 Vision+ Plus quads that are suffering the blank screen in app issue - no FPV, but good telemetry data. I've successfully revived my wifi module using info from this thread (big thanks to Gaucho, rmhome, andrew_by and others).

I packaged it up into this tutorial: DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Plus Blank Screen Corrupt NAND fix

I hope it helps some people revive their wifi modules too. Good luck and feedback on my tutorial is welcome.

Reactions: andiboyshqipo
hi all,
maybe there is any chance for apply same repair to the wifi module (board #3) of the FC200 egg camera of P2V not Plus?

Hi all,
For those of you with Phantom 2 Vision+ Plus quads that are suffering the blank screen in app issue - no FPV, but good telemetry data. I've successfully revived my wifi module using info from this thread (big thanks to Gaucho, rmhome, andrew_by and others).

I packaged it up into this tutorial: DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Plus Blank Screen Corrupt NAND fix

I hope it helps some people revive their wifi modules too. Good luck and feedback on my tutorial is welcome.

Gret work okstuv!
Can you tell me how to connect the power with this converter? Should I let the jumper to 3.3v and connect another cable to the 5v output?

Attachments

• 20170427_134502.jpg
    20170427_134502.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 528
Does anyone has the answer for this connection (in the previous post)? I got a black screen with this and no Linux commands

hi,

after flash and remove jumper, in teraterm I have:

DM36x initialization passed!
UBL Product Vesion : DJI-GSP-UBL-1.0-rc10(2014-08-15)
Dji UBL Version: 1.51(Aug 15 2014 - 17:05:12)
Booting Catalog Boot Loader
BootMode = NAND
Starting NAND Copy...
Valid magicnum, 0xA1ACED66, found in block 0x00000019.
Uboot Checksum:0x7E25B44B
Actua Checksum:0x7E25B44B

U-Boot Product Vesion : DJI-GSP-Uboot-1.0-rc4(2014-07-23)
U-Boot 2010.12-rc2-svn-Dji (Jul 23 2014 - 11:14:40)
Cores: ARM 432 MHz
DDR: 297 MHz
I2C: ready
DRAM: 128 MiB
NAND: 128 MiB
Bad block table found at page 65472, version 0x01
Bad block table found at page 65408, version 0x01
*** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment

Net: Ethernet PHY: GENERIC @ 0xff
DaVinci-EMAC
Press ESC to abort autoboot in 1 seconds

Loading from nand0, offset 0x4a0000
** Unknown image type
Wrong Image Format for bootm command
ERROR: can't get kernel image!

Loading from nand0, offset 0x900000
** Unknown image type
Dji-Pro #

I must replace the board????

Gret work okstuv!
Can you tell me how to connect the power with this converter? Should I let the jumper to 3.3v and connect another cable to the 5v output?

BSEL and 3.3v are the pins right next to eachother. Jumper those (as you have in your pic). 5V and GND from the USB ttl adapter to the board, then USB RX to board TX and USB TX to board RX.

Hope that helps.

First of all i want to say thank you for this amazing job Goucho! Thanks a lot for this solution!
My problem is ground unit.
Works perfect for a while, after battery was discharged for about a month, as a result bye bye video signal and welcome black screen...

So, for now i solder serial to the board... everything looks fine... but...
When i power on LB with BSEL and 3.3v not jumped everything stops on the message "Starting NAND Copy..." no kernel... nothing...

7038e-clip-7kb.png

When i power on LB with BSEL and 3.3v jumped, everything is stop on the "Waiting for SENDING sequence"

936b6-clip-16kb.png

I try to use another FTDI adapter and another PC... but result is same...
Any solutions? What else i can try?
Thanks!

First of all i want to say thank you for this amazing job Goucho! Thanks a lot for this solution!
My problem is ground unit.
Works perfect for a while, after battery was discharged for about a month, as a result bye bye video signal and welcome black screen...

So, for now i solder serial to the board... everything looks fine... but...
When i power on LB with BSEL and 3.3v not jumped everything stops on the message "Starting NAND Copy..." no kernel... nothing...

7038e-clip-7kb.png

When i power on LB with BSEL and 3.3v jumped, everything is stop on the "Waiting for SENDING sequence"

936b6-clip-16kb.png

I try to use another FTDI adapter and another PC... but result is same...
Any solutions? What else i can try?
Thanks!
Did you tried to hit ctrl+c and relaunch the flash command?
Moreover I see that bootme is printed with errors in the ascii characters. Welding are good? Are you sure it is a 3.3v uart adapter with jumper properly set?

hi,

after flash and remove jumper, in teraterm I have:

DM36x initialization passed!
UBL Product Vesion : DJI-GSP-UBL-1.0-rc10(2014-08-15)
Dji UBL Version: 1.51(Aug 15 2014 - 17:05:12)
Booting Catalog Boot Loader
BootMode = NAND
Starting NAND Copy...
Valid magicnum, 0xA1ACED66, found in block 0x00000019.
Uboot Checksum:0x7E25B44B
Actua Checksum:0x7E25B44B

U-Boot Product Vesion : DJI-GSP-Uboot-1.0-rc4(2014-07-23)
U-Boot 2010.12-rc2-svn-Dji (Jul 23 2014 - 11:14:40)
Cores: ARM 432 MHz
DDR: 297 MHz
I2C: ready
DRAM: 128 MiB
NAND: 128 MiB
Bad block table found at page 65472, version 0x01
Bad block table found at page 65408, version 0x01
*** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment

Net: Ethernet PHY: GENERIC @ 0xff
DaVinci-EMAC
Press ESC to abort autoboot in 1 seconds

Loading from nand0, offset 0x4a0000
** Unknown image type

Loading from nand0, offset 0x900000
** Unknown image type
Dji-Pro #

I must replace the board????
What is your product model? Which part? You can ESC the boot, then dump the memory. I wrote how to do some posts ago. Then we can compare memory location on a working unit of the same type

Gret work okstuv!
No need for power on the adapter. Power comes from usb. Jumper seems to be ok. Remove the 5v wire.

Did you tried to hit ctrl+c and relaunch the flash command?
Moreover I see that bootme is printed with errors in the ascii characters. Welding are good? Are you sure it is a 3.3v uart adapter with jumper properly set?

Weldings is ok. Cleaned with alcohol from soldering paste and not shorted with ground.
Ascii characters comes with one of the spare FTDI what i test.
3,3v jumped on the FTDI.. and i also test voltage btw vcc and ground on FTDI outbut - 3.3v, so, should be ok.
When i hit ctrl+с and relaunch nothing happen. No bootme command, so i have to restart LB. After restart everything is same.

Here is with good FTDI... just try again now.
51bbc-clip-26kb.png

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj