License/registration required?

Reaction score
So, a guy I know wants me to film for him to use as a promotion for his camp. I would obviously do it for free. Soo... is a license/registration required? Would you get one?

I'm in Canada BTW.

In the US that's a YES but in Canada someone from up there would need to try and answer this for sure.

The real only SURE way to know is to contact your version of the FAA and ask them to be safe.

b8f9b6ba3e014cfcd59fdf068b740a8e.jpg

The way I understand it is that then want you to fill out a form for every single flight with lots of information that you probably don't even know yet and give them lots of notice. Correct?

Would I need a SFOC even if it's NOT for promotion?

But you said in your first post it was for promotion

20 working days doesn't seem unreasonable and the form doesn't look too bad - it also says if you have a good safety record you can apply for a standing SFOC.

Here in the UK it's 90 days notice for exceptions/waivers on the commercial permission which takes 28 working days, a flying test, an awful lot of paperwork and a huge form.

But you said in your first post it was for promotion
Yes but I was just wondering and I do have a guy or to that would like me to film something and it's not for promotion. Just one guy.

20 working days doesn't seem unreasonable and the form doesn't look too bad - it also says if you have a good safety record you can apply for a standing SFOC.
Could you send me a link for the form. I don't know if the link I posted before is it. No, it's not unreasonable but its just that they want all this info like when, what and stuff that you might not even know until you get there. It's hard to plan a flight 3 week in advance without knowing what the weather is going to be like and things like that. Plus he might say, "oh, hey! Can you film this today?"... Me:"no. But in can in three weeks". Aaa... no! It dosen't work that way. The US has a better system as far as I understand. Canada's system it's messed up! Even the laws are.

Here in the UK it's 90 days notice for exceptions/waivers on the commercial permission which takes 28 working days, a flying test, an awful lot of paperwork and a huge form.
I feel bad for you!:(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan