Lens Filters

Found some adhesive stickers today designed for running through laser printers. They are sized perfectly for covering the face of the camera, to include the center cut out for the lens. Anyone would think they were designed for the P2V's camera! The stickers are flat white so I sent some through the printer and colored them black. Perfect fit!

Attachments

• Camera face sticker-600.jpg
    Camera face sticker-600.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 364
kloader said:
Found some adhesive stickers today designed for running through laser printers. They are sized perfectly for covering the face of the camera, to include the center cut out for the lens. Anyone would think they were designed for the P2V's camera! The stickers are flat white so I sent some through the printer and colored them black. Perfect fit!
care to sell 2? :)

Are those mini CD labels? How "sticky" are they? Any possibility of residue left over if needing to remove?

you can also use platidip (black) just don't forget to cover the lens with blue tape :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj68Jji57w8 and when you get tire of the color or just want to sell it you can just peel it off . i already used it in my phanton vision. ohh a you can get it at home depot or lowes but just black or white both matte. :twisted:

Attachments

• IMG_2581.jpg
    IMG_2581.jpg
    557.9 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_2580.jpg
    IMG_2580.jpg
    582.9 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG_2120.jpg
    IMG_2120.jpg
    584.6 KB · Views: 336
Pull_Up said:
+1. I'm happy for coloradosky to do the work in exchange for a few dollars knowing I can peel it off again should I need to market it as "pre-loved"!

Pull_Up, the pressure!

I have tried a couple of materials that weren't acceptable (some shimmer even though they were called 'matte') and will try a couple more in the next day or two. Will report back when I have, or if I can't find anything.

The standard for a guy to sell them is probably different than a DIY project?

If I mess it up- demand for refund and anger
If YOU mess it up- "darn it didn't work" and no one knows any better....

So I want to get it right before I let it go, or not do it if it's not just right. Does that make any sense?

;)

I ordered just yesterday the lens mounting kit for the P2V Camera. I also bought a UV/Haze filter, as we do a lot of photography in the Mid-Atlantic area of the USA, and almost always need one.
I'm happy to wait on ColoradoSky's research.
And thanks to all of you who put this solution in motion.

Just to add one point about lens filters and flare/ghosting ....
Use of a high-quality multi-coated filter can all but eliminate the flare and ghosting caused by Internal Reflections on the image sensors.
But in any case, I will definitely buy whatever ColoradoSky produces, as it can only make a good thing better.

Digital sensors are indeed sensitive to UV light, as well as a considerable amount of the infrared spectrum. Most digital sensors are equipped with multi-coated, multi-layered filters that are designed to filter out the extended ranges of UV and IR. Generally speaking, filtered digital sensors are sensitive to a much broader range of light than the human eye, from about 250nm (the near-UV range) through visible light (400nm to 750nm), and down about 780nm (the IR range). Unfiltered, a digital sensor is sensitive to a far greater range, from deep UV (200nm, true UV) down to true IR (as far as 900nm). It should be noted that sensitivity is not constant throughout this range, and falloff is fairly rapid and becomes significant the farther away from 380nm you go. Same goes for the IR range. Human eyesight ranges on average from about 390nm through 700nm, while some people are more sensitive and able to see from about 380nm through 750nm.

Yes. I wrote about digital cameras, not only sensors. But I will not start testing FC200 for UV sensitivity. Some people believe the need of UV filter on FC200, I don't.

gfredrone said:
Are those mini CD labels? How "sticky" are they? Any possibility of residue left over if needing to remove?

They actually are CD labels—they are designed to be “CD core labels”. They are 40mm in diameter which is smaller than a mini CD. They are meant to just cover the center section of a standard CD. Not sure how to describe how sticky they are—I’ll peel my prototype off the camera and see how easy it is to clean up.

coloradosky said:
Pull_Up said:
+1. I'm happy for coloradosky to do the work in exchange for a few dollars knowing I can peel it off again should I need to market it as "pre-loved"!

Pull_Up, the pressure!

I have tried a couple of materials that weren't acceptable (some shimmer even though they were called 'matte') and will try a couple more in the next day or two. Will report back when I have, or if I can't find anything.

So I want to get it right before I let it go, or not do it if it's not just right. Does that make any sense?

;)

Don't over-think it. :)

These were printed on matte vinyl wall film with an HP latex printer and contour cut. They still have a slight sheen to them. If that proves to be a problem I'm going to take a can of matte black spray paint to the sheet. Since they're already weeded (background removed, for the non- sign guys) I don't expect overspray to be a problem.

aregu9ug.jpg

Mosleyh said:
coloradosky said:
Pull_Up said:

Pull_Up, the pressure!

;)

Don't over-think it. :)

These were printed on matte vinyl wall film with an HP latex printer and contour cut. They still have a slight sheen to them. If that proves to be a problem I'm going to take a can of matte black spray paint to the sheet. Since they're already weeded (background removed, for the non- sign guys) I don't expect overspray to be a problem.

aregu9ug.jpg

nice.

To get a photo quality non glare I came to the same conclusion: instachange with black print, then spray coating. Otherwise there is a reflection, BUT this way you end up with a really flat surface.

So do you wanna make em or shall I? :)

:?:

coloradosky said:
nice.

To get a photo quality non glare I came to the same conclusion: instachange with black print, then spray coating. Otherwise there is a reflection, BUT this way you end up with a really flat surface.

Just throwing out ideas.I work for a distributor of sign equipment and do stuff like this to amuse myself. The last thing I want to do is take business away from you! :D

Mosleyh said:
coloradosky said:
nice.

Just throwing out ideas.I work for a distributor of sign equipment and do stuff like this to amuse myself. The last thing I want to do is take business away from you! :D

Copy, stand by for launch.....

T-10, 9,

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl