Lens Filters

If you cut a rubber one to a petal configuration it might droop or flap in the breeze when it's in motion. Or not :)

coloradosky said:
Status report: ready to go, I think.

I've tried no less than a dozen material/spray combos with good and bad results- the best seems to be this set up:

Matte black 2mm 3M vinyl cut to fit the bezel, which provides a dramatic reduction in glare and that infinity effect you get with a shiny bezel behind a glass lens filter.

So I'm thinking- a set of 3 or 4, because you will use the first one (at least) for practice applying this tricky little piece of vinyl between 2 phantom legs... which would also allow you to remove (and throw away) one for any reason, then replace it.

This is not the same re positionable material we use for the arm colors, but it's easy to pull off without any residue if you wish. (It is not reusable)

It applies very clean on the face and around the camera iris, then folds over the outside edge like a bottlecap, concealing the shiny silver detail on the inside and outside edges, as well as the shiny face.

This isn't a theatrical flat black and you will see a minimal amount of light reflection when you look from an angle, but it appears to do a pretty good job for what we're trying to accomplish- as good or better than what I've read about here. BEST SOLUTION would be a little donut shaped piece of black fabric! I don't really want drapes on the front of my phantom though :lol:

So, cost for a set of 4? Not a lot of material, but after the credit card fees, envelope, time and etc etc- I'm thinking about $7 shipped (add $1 for int'l).

They can be ready to go today.

Thoughts?
thanks coloradosky for the extra stickers you sent me :D by the way the black matte vinyl works great! no light reflection at all.

vu3yquru.jpg

It came out just the way I planned. And light - 5gm plus the rubber band.

Been shopping tonight... ordered Part 27 lens filter kit and a set of ultra-high-quality-glare killing-super solution-wonders and rainbows bezel stickers from Colorado Sky. Off to find the right filters now...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav