Lens Filters

WOW! I'm loving this community!
And thanks ...!
ColoradoSky .... please let us know when it's ready. My credit card is poised ....

Coloradosky I am ready also. I also saw a few other goodies I will order at the same time

pinfish said:
Coloradosky I am ready also. I also saw a few other goodies I will order at the same time

Same here, I'm finally going to order my controller stickers with this.

Coloradosky, how many times can one of the camera face covers be removed and replaced without losing its gripping ability?

Assuming he uses material with a similar sticky surface to his Vision arm bands I'd say quite a few times! My bands come off every time I open the quad up which had happened at least 8 times since I got the bands and they look like new. No peeling or curling at the edges and no gunky residue left behind either.

This is directly on to the shell plastic so I don't know if it will be any different on the lens surround but I wouldn't expect so. I can't see this having to come off mine once I've put it on, though.

Reactions: dirkclod
I agree pull_up I would probably eventually sell it with it on so someone would benefit from it. What are the vision arm bands you talk about?.

They are not to help it float, that's for sure. Replacement coloured bands for the front two arms with a wide range of colours. See his full range here: http://www.signsoflife.net/phantom-graphics.php. I did a review video of his stuff (link to my channel from any of the vids below), it's all excellent and he doesn't stitch us non-Yanks up with stiff postage rates. And no, I'm not on commission... But why not?! ;)

Reactions: dirkclod
Ah yes sorry didn't realise who it was, I ordered some S1 and S2 stickers from him which were great that was from one of your links. That's great gives me even more confidence ordering from him.

The germ of an idea. . .

3D printing the first prototype now. I still have to work out how to attach it to the filter holder frame.

Attachments

• hood.jpg
    hood.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 331
Status report: ready to go, I think.

I've tried no less than a dozen material/spray combos with good and bad results- the best seems to be this set up:

Matte black 2mm 3M vinyl cut to fit the bezel, which provides a dramatic reduction in glare and that infinity effect you get with a shiny bezel behind a glass lens filter.

So I'm thinking- a set of 3 or 4, because you will use the first one (at least) for practice applying this tricky little piece of vinyl between 2 phantom legs... which would also allow you to remove (and throw away) one for any reason, then replace it.

This is not the same re positionable material we use for the arm colors, but it's easy to pull off without any residue if you wish. (It is not reusable)

It applies very clean on the face and around the camera iris, then folds over the outside edge like a bottlecap, concealing the shiny silver detail on the inside and outside edges, as well as the shiny face.

This isn't a theatrical flat black and you will see a minimal amount of light reflection when you look from an angle, but it appears to do a pretty good job for what we're trying to accomplish- as good or better than what I've read about here. BEST SOLUTION would be a little donut shaped piece of black fabric! I don't really want drapes on the front of my phantom though :lol:

So, cost for a set of 4? Not a lot of material, but after the credit card fees, envelope, time and etc etc- I'm thinking about $7 shipped (add $1 for int'l).

They can be ready to go today.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• bezel01.JPG
    bezel01.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 332
  • bezel02.JPG
    bezel02.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 294
  • bezel03.JPG
    bezel03.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 296
Looks good and I appreciate the multi pack because I'm sure to mess up at least once.

Same here, I'll post photo/video results.
I will ask however .... Would the design fit better around the camera housing if short, tiny slits were cut at measured intervals from the outer edge inward?
It's only aesthetic, so not an issue I'm certain, but I notice there is a "wrinkle" around the folded edge, which I think could be smoothed by making 6 or 8 short "cuts".
I may sacrifice one of mine for an experiment to see if it works.

I hadn't thought about that Pull-Up! I'm certain you're correct.
I just got my lens mount kit in the post, and am now just awaiting the arrival of the matte stick-ons before connecting it all.
Thanks for the help ... no worries now!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj