Latest Firmware Update for P4P - Apr 12

Did that it is giving me a white screen and neither a red box or a green box that's with the dji assistant

I am using my apple computer so iOS and plugging the p4p+ directly into it using the dji assistant

I am using my apple computer so iOS and plugging the p4p+ directly into it using the dji assistant
At what exact point in the process do things not work the way they're supposed to, Nate? Here is another instructional video that provides instructions that are a little clearer and more detailed than the DJI video provides.

Also, do you have the monitor screen at least 2.5 feet above the ground or floor? I saw somewhere that said that was necessary... not sure why.

Maybe they finall fixed the tilted horizon on the camera.

I don't think they will ever fix it with current hardware. The horizon tilt is simply the gimbal fighting with the wind and not quite making it (that's why the tilt is different when you turn your drone in other direction). Need stronger motors inside the gimbal to properly fix the issue.

Hi plz help , my p4p is getting weak transmission at 250m and looses (sic) aircraft at 800m (disconnects to aircraft ) then i have to rth. I have upgraded and down graded , reset to factory settings , anyone with sim issues that can help with a work around that can help.

Basic stuff here BUT, I'm assuming you've made sure that your antennae are properly aligned and parallel with their flat sides pointing upward toward the bird? Had a friend of mine with this issue; he had no idea that the antennae were this critical. --- Duh!

I'm originally from Garfield , how about Century Field. It was a real big Park area . Is it still there have you tried to fly there ?

Same here....Used to love going to Century Field, and yep its still there...Not sure if its under the same name. Haven't gone to fly there yet, should give it a go soon.

Last edited:
Maybe they finall fixed the tilted horizon on the camera.
Thanks, I needed a laugh. I usually keep the horizon tilt adjustment at the ready to deal with changes that occur after turns. My video editor, Cyberlink PowerDirector, can correct an unlevel horizon during editing, but it does so only in 1 degree increments. I wish it had finer adjustment than that but it's plenty good enough for my purposes.

I don't know of any Phantom that has NOT had the horizon tilt issue. As someone else said, it surely must go beyond being an issue that can be eliminated through software.

Last edited:
@Bigbells
When I plug in the drone to computer it's tells me everything is all right. Then I go to the vision calibration and it just gives me a white screen there are no dots or green and red boxes

Has anyone had any issues with the latest update that came out today? I am all nervous to update because my 3 week old P4P is behaving perfectly, lol

Flew yesterday in windy conditions 15kts on all the new updates. 4k video was amazing although mine always has been great. No issues flying with my IPad Air 2.

@Bigbells
When I plug in the drone to computer it's tells me everything is all right. Then I go to the vision calibration and it just gives me a white screen there are no dots or green and red boxes
You need to be more exact in your description of what happens. There's no guarantee I can help even then, but since there is no "everything is all right" notification in the DJI Assistant software, it would be helpful to know exactly what happens. Are you able to successfully reach the step where your aircraft shows as being connected to the DJI Assistant 2 software?

I flew for about 2 weeks with the software telling me constantly that I needed to do sensor calibration before I got around to doing the calibration. Other than the notifications being a PITA, there was no problem with flying the P4P or with the video.

be723caa87d7b4f362773693bf9681eb.jpg

This is what my screen is showing me

The firmware is updated, but when i try to calibrate the vision I just get this white screen? I have the most current update on iOS and hopefully assistant.

And yes when I plug it in the firmware said refresh so I refreshed it. Now the white screen is where I'm at with calibration mode

Sorry I am so inept truly really appreciate all the time you are taking to help me!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart