Latest Firmware Update for P4P - Apr 12

To answer my own question...

- Optimized No-Fly Zone Return to Home and unlocking
- Improved 4K video recording stability

... plus the usual undocumented changes that we have to find and figure out on our own... ;)

Yeah, DJI does a terrible job detailing the changes in all the firmware updates and even worse, they make no effort to retain previous settings so you have to go through and reset all the settings that got changed. It's getting tiring!

Brian

Reactions: OOO
Hi plz help , my p4p is getting weak transmission at 250m and looses aircraft at 800m (disconnects to aircraft ) then i have to rth. I have upgraded and down graded , reset to factory settings , anyone with sim issues that can help with a work around that can help.

Reactions: Old_Man
After any firmware update so there will surely follow countless threads saying that for just about every issue out there, either:

1. Issue x is fixed
2. Issue x is worse
3. Issue x is unchanged

...with opinion equally divided.

:)

Reactions: AIRSPACE and AlexSP
Yeah, DJI does a terrible job detailing the changes in all the firmware updates and even worse, they make no effort to retain previous settings so you have to go through and reset all the settings that got changed. It's getting tiring!
And this one is no different, lost my OA and control stick settings.

BTW there seems to be a battery update with this one as well, or at least in my case following a successful update I got an 'inconsistent firmware' warning in DJI GO as soon as I installed another battery.

Also Litchi reports that the 'bug' (that prevented certain Litchi modes from working) is fixed in this latest DJI release.

And this one is no different, lost my OA and control stick settings.

BTW there seems to be a battery update with this one as well, or at least in my case following a successful update I got an 'inconsistent firmware' warning in DJI GO as soon as I installed another battery.

Also Litchi reports that the 'bug' (that prevented certain Litchi modes from working) is fixed in this latest DJI release.

Yes, I was just about to mention that I had to update my 6 batteries. I don't think there's an update for the RC but I'll double check that in a few -- have to update Go4 first.

Brian

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Yes, I was just about to mention that I had to update my 6 batteries. I don't think there's an update for the RC but I'll double check that in a few -- have to update Go4 first.

Brian
Please tell us how works the new firmware when you have a conclusion! Thanks a lot!

My RC did require an update but it's been off for a while so not sure if it was related to this latest firmware update.

My RC did require an update but it's been off for a while so not sure if it was related to this latest firmware update.

I'm not sure what version you were at before the update, but if I remember correctly the previous update required an RC update as well so if you were one or two updates behind then you'd need to update the RC. I did not have to update the RC this time but I'd updated everything to the previous update so I was not a step or two behind.

I'll do an IMU and gimbal calibration tonight and go through the menus to see what got changed and set them as I want and hopefully I'll get a chance in a day or two to go flying...

Brian

Reactions: Bigbells
Ok I did the update just to let folks know and I had 2 failed attempts on the two batteries, both of which went through the 2nd time. (I used the Assistant on the Mac OS platform to update). Took it out for a very short test flight after and things seem to be ok. I didnt go into any of the settings to see what was added I am just happy it flies after the update.

wow just what I needed.
another firmware update.
just did the last one a couple of weeks ago.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl