Just picked up my P4!!!!!! At the Apple Store

I just got the craziest phone call from Apple telling me they are sorry and that they are going to have to cancel my order because the product that I ordered was no longer available. They are going to give me a full refund and a $150 credit to my account. Funny thing is I picked up my P4 15 mins prior. The only thing better than getting it 5 days early would be getting paid $150 to have a free P4 5 days early. Sounds to good to be true.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Did you get an email receipt from the Apple store after you picked it up? If you didn't get a receipt maybe they didn't finish the transaction correctly when you picked it up.

No. I got one. I'm sure My Barclay account will still be charged and I'll probably never see that $150 credit.

I just got the craziest phone call from Apple telling me they are sorry and that they are going to have to cancel my order because the product that I ordered was no longer available. They are going to give me a full refund and a $150 credit to my account. Funny thing is I picked up my P4 15 mins prior. The only thing better than getting it 5 days early would be getting paid $150 to have a free P4 5 days early. Sounds to good to be true.

This makes me feel like they won't release any tomorrow and they will correct their error. If that's the case in going to be pretty frustrated

Reactions: GadgetGuy
It feels pretty durable, but I don't have a P3 to compare it to. There is a little torsional movement when I twist it, but its really minimal. Apple only had the P4, no accessories.

This makes me feel like they won't release any tomorrow and they will correct their error. If that's the case in going to be pretty frustrated

"Their error..." Apple makes the rules and everybody else adheres to them. They do what they want. Like Google.;)

Got a call from Apple as well. But it was too late. I picked it up already. Anyway the software doesn't work so it is a paper weight right now. A very beautiful, well made paper weight.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: beazergood
It works on iOS, just no live video. Could take it up and fly around VFR and record some video. What I'm going to do tomorrow.

Last edited:
If you try and order now from Apple it says in Store pick up not available!!! At least some people got their hands on them! Hopefully they will get the app going so you lucky people that got them can share videos and opinions for the rest of us waiting to get are orders! Happy flying!!!

5382da95bc1892c4a09d279dc9f02a6f.jpg

Nice W2 form :) I'm assuming it's your kids or some other income. 8k/yr and buying a P4 :)

It works one iOS, just no live video. Could take it up and fly around VFR and record some video. What I'm going to do tomorrow.

I might do that. I was worried at first since I thought the camera was defective. Apple really screwed the pooch here but it is a little odd that DJI doesn't have the software ready to go. I know review units have it going. Amazing packaging by the way. The built-in case with the sturdy rubber handle, I have not seen anything made that way before.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Took me 10 minutes to pull off all the stickers. I also thought I had a bad camera at first.

I think they already fixed it. I can't find anymore available to be picked up and the store manager where I got mine said he has has 3 more left that are still available.

If anyone has a P3 HDMI module to install in their new P4 controller (I believe it's been confirmed that it is compatible), it should work for FPV independent of the app. Just sayin'.

It will work after a RC firmware upgrade per DJi Support on another forum. So, not right away and no ETA on when that specific firmware update will be released by DJi.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl