Just picked up my P4!!!!!! At the Apple Store

Its OK in the US we pay more for our drugs so you can get them cheaper. Phantoms are a luxury...drugs are a necessity so it all works out. :)

Looks like we are overpaying so the Americans can have it cheaper [emoji23]. Sounds like a fair deal [emoji848]
Anyway, after currency conversion you are paying about £30 more than the UK ($50 ish)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Oh that sucks. For all of you that bought one from Apple, hope you enjoy paying sales tax! Or if you are lucky buy in Delaware.. No tax!

I like in Montana, no sales tax here. So Apple was a win-win for me. I get an estimated delivery date, which is reassuring, and a nice return policy. I believe Apple's return policy is 14 days compared to DJI's 7 days (please correct me if I'm wrong). So except for the lack of a not being able to buy an extra battery through Apple, it made more sense to purchase through Apple than direct through DJI.

EDIT: Just realized you were directly answering someone (didn't realize since you didn't quote it)! :)

It works on iOS, just no live video. Could take it up and fly around VFR and record some video. What I'm going to do tomorrow.
Were you able to fly? I've got the app going and the P4 and RC are communicating with each other and the app, but it says I need to activate the aircraft when I try to start the motors.

On my Nexus 7 using DJI Go 2.4.3 (Android) the P4 connects as an Inspire 1. Everything works including video. You get some odd stuff like dual controllers & battery info shows two empty cells. No collision display of course. I didn't fly mine because it wouldn't allow me to start the motors since the P4 isn't registered to my account (never prompted me to do so). On my HTC One M9 with the same app version I get nothing so this seems to be hit or miss.

Were you able to fly? I've got the app going and the P4 and RC are communicating with each other and the app, but it says I need to activate the aircraft when I try to start the motors.

Very, very true. Which is why some people who ran out and bought it while displaying photos to show off are now scrounging around trying to find "beta" apps as they discover their birds are grounded until everyone else gets theirs :)

Doesn't really matter having it, neither the iPhone or Android Apps are compatible.

Very, very true. Which is why some people who ran out and bought it while displaying photos to show off are now scrounging around trying to find "beta" apps as they discover their birds are grounded until everyone else gets theirs :)
Still better to have it early IMO

Reactions: Houd1ni and bub
Not really. They aren't in short supply. At least near me, every Apple Store has them in stock. You can even order from Apple today and get it on the 15th.

Still better to have it early IMO

Definitely no flying until new apps are out. Get a "Activate Aircraft" warning as well at least us early purchasers will have fully charged batteries. :rolleyes:

I wonder when DJI will begin shipping the extra batteries that some of us ordered.

Definitely no flying until new apps are out. Get a "Activate Aircraft" warning as well at least us early purchasers will have fully charged batteries. :rolleyes:

congrats ... that's a surprise :) Does the app work?

What city? Do they have stock?
I also picked mine up at the Apple store in Holyoke Massachusetts on Friday morning .. I got it home and it did not work .. Contacted DJI they said it won't work until the 15th when the new software is released !! They said that Apple should not be releasing them until the 15th even though Apple took my money and released it on Friday to me !! You can get them early but you can't use them until the 15th I was told when the software has been updated .

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I like in Montana, no sales tax here. So Apple was a win-win for me. I get an estimated delivery date, which is reassuring, and a nice return policy. I believe Apple's return policy is 14 days compared to DJI's 7 days (please correct me if I'm wrong). So except for the lack of a not being able to buy an extra battery through Apple, it made more sense to purchase through Apple than direct through DJI.

EDIT: Just realized you were directly answering someone (didn't realize since you didn't quote it)! :)
Same here, I'm in Montana too, and glad I purchased from Apple. Mine shipped yesterday and I'll have it Tuesday.

Reactions: Houd1ni
That phone in the bottom right corner is the employee processing the sale, I would say this is real. I am interested to know which state he lives in but I am sure once he gets it home and charging up he will respond to our questions.
Got mine on Friday from Apple Store in Jolyoak Mass... Won't work till the 15th!!! Found this out when I got it home ..IGO software won't be ready until the 15th for the Phantom 4!!

Got mine on Friday from Apple Store in Jolyoak Mass... Won't work till the 15th!!! Found this out when I got it home ..IGO software won't be ready until the 15th for the Phantom 4!!

Almost had my hands on one as well. Ordered from the Apple Store because that particular store said it was "available." This was Thursday. Moments later I got the "ready to pick up" email. Got to the store, handed that email to the salesman and he disappeared only to return with the manager with my bad news. They couldn't sell it to me that day. I somehow knew it was too good to be true. Anyway, I put up quite a fuss with the Apple manager and got mine ordered with the manager's assurance it would be expedited (one day shipping) and $150 taken off (before taxes so additional savings there too). I left the store with no P4 in hand (weeping) but I'll have it by the 18th and I paid $150 less for my trouble. That's not too bad considering the software won't work until next week anyway. There must've been a major communication screw-up between Apple and DJI.

Incidentally, I cancelled a previous order I had with DJI because they were rude (while chatting) and said mine wouldn't ship for a "long time." Jerks wouldn't give me a date until I told them to cancel, then they finally said the 23rd. I know I would have saved on taxes through DJI but my episode at the Apple Store saved me even more $$$ and I get it by next Friday. Even better!

What's with all the jealousy and bitterness? Seriously? Why are people making fun of others who managed to be lucky and get one early? It's like people are taking great joy in the fact that they can't fly them till Monday. Relax. it's great to have the drone early. No worrying about getting it on the 15th and you'll be ready to fly the second the update comes out. I cannot for the life of me understand why people are being cruel to fellow pilots. Wipe the smirks off your face and be kind. I'm not even getting a P4 right now, and I'm so excited to see everyone get their birds and found out how they work.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik