Just lost my P4 this evening.

Actually I must confess. I have succumbed to the Dark Side... :mad:

Dude Pheasant, it's guys like you that give forums a bad name. Dirty Bird is a respected member of this forum and Drone community.

He is safe, and doesn't fly over anything more than water. If you've been watching you'd know that.

Where the idiot button?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Actually I must confess. I have succumbed to the Dark Side... :mad:

Well once in a while... That's not your fault. I also saw you go over a bridge in the water once. No one died that I know of.

Hey if you go to jail can I have your birds when the FBI is done with them?

Reactions: snowghost
Gentlemen,
The drone is not in beginner mode. Max distance is 500 meters. Max altitude is 500 meters, although I set mine at 120 meters. Yes it was bought in Canada at Best Buy. A friend has an earlier model of the PH3 - 4k and fly much farther out. He as a switch on the transmitter that can go between FC and Fcc.
If you know how to set it to a greater distance please let me know. Thanks

PS ... I don't recall insulting or questioning Mr. Dirty Bird.

Well pheasant I think you did... As for the 500m limit your correct. But in every case I've seen and all three phantoms I've I had, you can change it off to ignore that. It's part of the beginner package.

I used to be able to fly my Drone to Canada from Washington state! **** near!

I think Pheasant may be confusing Beginners Mode and the Enable Maximum Distance setting. They are two different options.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Meta4,
Please explain how to switch that off.
I see in the PH3 area guys are re-programming the drone and controller. Not sure that I want to do that.

No .... 1600 ft. distance. DJI sets the drones shipped to Canada that way. The new PH3 - 4k cannot not be changed like the old ones could at least by a switch.

'so what you're saying, if I lived in Canada, I'd be stuck with the max distance I could go with my P3P of only 1600FT ?? This is insane

Meta4,
Please explain how to switch that off.
I see in the PH3 area guys are re-programming the drone and controller. Not sure that I want to do that.

It is not a matter of "reprogramming"' just go into the Go app settings for the controller and and change the setting for Maximum Distance.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Thank you. Yes I set that up. I took my Baltimore Run mission which was already well tested, removed the yaws towards POIs, then duplicated the mission with the chase bird 25' behind & plus 10' at each waypoint. I held the lead bird at its first waypoint until the second bird was at its first waypoint, then set them free in unison. Initially I was having timing issues but realized I had to keep the yawing identical for both birds. What you see in the video was the first flight with the matched yaws. It was really cool watching them fly off together & then return 16 minutes later still so close. They were maybe 100-125' apart at the end of the 7.2 mile mission. Glad you enjoyed the video. It's my personal favorite mission.

O M G!!! This is the most incredible video and music to date.

WOW! did you set up the mission? How hard was it? knowing the buildings distances and stuff.

On my version of the PH3 - 4k the max distance is "500 meters".
If you don't believe me go to the PH3 discussions about the PH3 - 4K and read the comments.

The rapid yellow indicates the bird has lost contact with the RC. The mission was flown with a pair of stock P3 Standards so they have limited RC range. The slow red pulses you see a few times are an NFZ Proximity Alert for the Raven Stadium & Oriole Park complexes just off to the west.

Hey dirty bird, i saw the lights flashing yellow a few times in the lead bird, and then a solid red a few times, do u know the cause of that? Is it losing GPS?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The rapid yellow indicates the bird has lost contact with the RC. The mission was flown with a pair of stock P3 Standards so they have limited RC range. The slow red pulses you see a few times are an NFZ Proximity Alert for the Raven Stadium & Oriole Park complexes just off to the west.

So if you accidentally enter into one of those NFZ, will the bird just land, or does the Litchi mission just override that function?

If you fly into the NFZ the bird goes into an irreversible auto-landing. Unless DJI has acted on my heads up about this quirk. It won't allow you to fly out it forces you to land. :eek:

So if you accidentally enter into one of those NFZ, will the bird just land, or does the Litchi mission just override that function?

DB I've never watched that video before.... The app would never play it. So I looked you up on YouTube. Pretty amazing man. Truly the best I've seen. But I love the midair collision! Wow you got lucky!

Reactions: Suhail78
On my version of the PH3 - 4k the max distance is "500 meters".
If you don't believe me go to the PH3 discussions about the PH3 - 4K and read the comments.
I thought I explained that clearly back in Just lost my P4 this evening.
You have the Max Distance limit enabled.
Turn it off and you can go as far as the R/C will reach.

Reactions: Pharm
Yes that was a one in a million bump....or divine intervention! Then narrowly missing the antennas when RTH kicked in. :eek: Not a mark on either P4. That happened because I missed adding 10' to a single waypoint combined with the lead bird doing the normal Baltimore Run yawing while the chase bird was flying straight ahead.

DB I've never watched that video before.... The app would never play it. So I looked you up on YouTube. Pretty amazing man. Truly the best I've seen. But I love the midair collision! Wow you got lucky!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl