Just lost my P4 this evening.

So does the bird still fly normally?
I did IMU calibrate and gimble calibrate and it's flying just like a new one. Only thing I noticed is that the fan is not starting at power up like my newer P4 does. So that may have to be sent in for that. Couldn't that cause an IMU to overheat eventually?

You're pretty lucky Kev. You should visit Vegas soon.

I was just thinking, if anyone in the building saw it hovering nearby all that time, but since it was Sunday, that's unlikely.
Totally agree John. Got very lucky to get it back for sure. And those windows are kind of tiny deep set too. But yes, it was Sunday so I'm sure there was almost no one up there at that time.

It's private

Ok guys, here is footage from the doomed flight! P4 performed like a champ. Still cant believe that it stopped directly over this 1 1/2 ft wide ledge about 15-20ft above it and then auto landed when battery died. My Sd card filled up so I didn't get the landing which sucks. But it tried to climb up about 20ft or so but could not go up anymore because of RTH set too low. Also had my controller altitude set at 400ft as well. I was so very lucky to get this bird back for sure. Plus, it's in perfect working order too. Even the battery is working perfect. The only thing I'm questioning is that I'm not hearing the fan at power up like it is on my new P4. Do you guys know if that fan comes on every single time you power up your bird? Or will it come on later sometimes? I have been bitched at plenty here btw. So hopefully all of that is over with. I get it guys! LOL. Just wanted to share what not to do! LOL

f7c860e4db0654f6b345b363c3a8c7f3.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using PhantomPilots mobile app

IKR... talk about getting blueballed... I read all 13 pages chomping popcorn faster than election night, only to get a private video... Arg.
Sorry for blueballin ya man! Have some more popcorn and try it now. It's unlisted now instead of private. I'll leave it up for a day or two.

Reactions: erkme73
Congratulations on getting your P4 back :) That's some story, you should do a YouTube story with your 2 vids explaining how it all happened.
Thanks for the congrats man! And I agree that I would love to put together this story for sure. I even think DJI would love to have it tbo! The Phantom did exactly what it was supposed to do and not run into something.

Reactions: NickRno77
Congratulations on getting your P4 back :) That's some story, you should do a YouTube story with your 2 vids explaining how it all happened.
Yes it flies perfect! I did replace the gimble fan in it. Other than that it was perfect. It sit up there at 350ft on a foot and a half wide ledge for almost 3 weeks. There was no road at all below it btw. It was another roof down about 280ft. Could never have landed on anyone at all. But my question is what happens if it misses that narrow ledge as it's running out of battery and it still has to get down 300ft plus of altitude to land softly. Would it be smart enough to come down softly for that long with a battery thats going dead? Can't remember if I posted this Recon Flight link or not?

That's pretty cool. Glad you finally talked to someone who wasn't a brainless d**k this time. I hate it when someone's too lazy to just go look or to try and help. I DO understand now why they can't get to it, although it seems like one of those slanted windows ought to be "openable", but probably not. I wonder if they'd let you rappel from the upper level ;)

Now let's just hope he doesn't forget to tell the window washers! Glad to hear good news (so far). Hope this one has a happy ending.
The maintenance guys found the key to those windows btw Pharm! So I didn't even have to wait for window washers to retrieve it. The washers go through those actual windows. So lucky!

Reactions: Pharm
congrat on recovery! look like recon pilot afraid fly close to the building. lol.
Yeah I was a little leary about getting too close to it at 350 off the ground. LOL. Especially since I had just talked to the maintenance guys about getting that one down. Wish I would have got a lot closer tbo! You can still see the props blowing in the wind up there though.

Reactions: Start Visit

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20