Just lost my P4 this evening.

Wow there she is, just perched up on that ledge! Amazing!!!!!! Why would they even build a roof that has parts that are inaccessible? Just doesn't make any sense, lol Put a **** door over there, lol
Maybe they designed it a a 'drone trap' lol.. great thread, and hopefully a happy ending soon :)

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Wow there she is, just perched up on that ledge! Amazing!!!!!! Why would they even build a roof that has parts that are inaccessible? Just doesn't make any sense, lol Put a **** door over there, lol
Yep it sure is with props blowing in the wind. LOL. And I kinda wondered that myself. But he said that window guys work from that area. So they must repel off that upper tier just above this corner about 50ft or so.

Reactions: Suhail78
Maybe they designed it a a 'drone trap' lol.. great thread, and hopefully a happy ending soon :)
Lol Stevie! Could be. I should know something by the end of next week on the window washers getting to it. Thx so much for the well wishes man.

Why didn't it go up/over the building? Altitude max setting?
Yes, I had my RTH set to 2-300ft if I remember right. But I also had my max altitude set at 400ft to just always remind me don't go any higher. And the Go app will not let you set RTH above your max altitude is what I'm hearing and think I even tried it once and it denied it prob cause I was set to max 400ft altitude. As I was flying forward approaching these taller buildings I was driving up the whole time but it was telling me that I was at max altitude so it just stayed right there at 400ft max from my takeoff point. Which just happened to be about 3ft above this ledge. If it had been 10ft lower it would have stopped right at back face of this building and descended slowly down as battery ran out or fell from 200ft or so onto a delivery roof in the service alley of this building. That roof is only 60ft off the ground and easy to get to. But it may have been wiped out in the fall. Not sure if it would have came down 300ft as battery ran down or not. But I believe that it saw this ledge up at 350ft and stopped right there just above it because of OA and hovered there until it ran out of juice and landed right on that ledge which is kinda unreal to be honest! Also, If I had not had my max altitude set to 400ft, I would have been raising the bird and been a good deal above these buldings and would have never disconnected at all!! Because I had no radio or transmission problems whatsoever leading up to that. Just saying. And it sits there today 3 weeks later. LOL and sigh!

Just saw this and hoping the best for you.. There is an active drone group on Facebook in Louisville. Lookup the Louisville Drone Pilots. We'd be happy to help in any way we can.

We fly along the river quite often. Here's a shot I got last week

e3ff83e14560e29cc62018c1424d2747.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Just saw this and hoping the best for you.. There is an active drone group on Facebook in Louisville. Lookup the Louisville Drone Pilots. We'd be happy to help in any way we can.

We fly along the river quite often. Here's a shot I got last week

e3ff83e14560e29cc62018c1424d2747.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Way cool Bill! Thanks so much for being so nice man. I'll let you know if I need any help on this. I'm pretty sure the window washers will fix me up in a week or so if it does not blow off the South side of the building to it's death. But it should be retrievable on that roof pretty easy. At least I would still get the SD card from the bird that way. The maintenance guys at The Humana Tower were really nice and helpful btw! It's been up there 3 weeks today and they have had a couple of mildish storms there I'm sure. Hopefully it's still in pretty good shape if it does not blow off. Gonna take a pretty good wind from the North to blow it off I would say. And the building is protecting that direction so fingers crossed. I may call my maintenance guy tomorrow to see for sure when the window guys are coming and if he has checked to see if it's still there after the storm they had yesterday. Thanks again Bill. Love to fly with you all someday on the river btw!

Joined just to post. I too am in Louisville. I'm putting on my spiderman outfit at the moment to retreive it! Thanks for the new drone :D

all kidding aside, you got lucky. Let me know when you plan on coming back down. Post in the Louisville Drone pilot group. We can have a big celebration.

Joined just to post. I too am in Louisville. I'm putting on my spiderman outfit at the moment to retreive it! Thanks for the new drone :D

all kidding aside, you got lucky. Let me know when you plan on coming back down. Post in the Louisville Drone pilot group. We can have a big celebration.
Post your spiderman video man. LOL. When you get it just send me the SD card! hehe And your right it looks like I may get lucky if your talking about the getting it back part.

I'm kidding about the taking it part. That would be just downright mean. I'm still waiting for my P3P to come back from surgery. It tried to kill me.

I'm kidding about the taking it part. That would be just downright mean. I'm still waiting for my P3P to come back from surgery. It tried to kill me.
Oh I knew you were kidding. I wish I could hire Spiderman for a few minutes though. hehe Your P3 tried to kill you?????

Yeah, I needed 13 stitches in my arm. Cut through my muscle. I had carbon fiber blades on it and mishandled it.

I bought a trackimo gps attachment for this, so you may want to look into that option in the future. Also leave notes around the last known location. Better to try and fail than not have tried at all. Future speaking be aware of metal and magnetic fields, ships with antennas, anything that has that or emits a signal close enough to the 2.4 GHZ will jam your drones antenna. Some corporate businesses are already looking into this technology. The building itself probably is to blame here but anyways, hope this helps.

Love my Trackimo!!
It saved my *** today when it landed on someone's house!!
GET ONE

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Yes, I had my RTH set to 2-300ft if I remember right. But I also had my max altitude set at 400ft to just always remind me don't go any higher. And the Go app will not let you set RTH above your max altitude is what I'm hearing and think I even tried it once and it denied it prob cause I was set to max 400ft altitude. As I was flying forward approaching these taller buildings I was driving up the whole time but it was telling me that I was at max altitude so it just stayed right there at 400ft max from my takeoff point. Which just happened to be about 3ft above this ledge. If it had been 10ft lower it would have stopped right at back face of this building and descended slowly down as battery ran out or fell from 200ft or so onto a delivery roof in the service alley of this building. That roof is only 60ft off the ground and easy to get to. But it may have been wiped out in the fall. Not sure if it would have came down 300ft as battery ran down or not. But I believe that it saw this ledge up at 350ft and stopped right there just above it because of OA and hovered there until it ran out of juice and landed right on that ledge which is kinda unreal to be honest! Also, If I had not had my max altitude set to 400ft, I would have been raising the bird and been a good deal above these buldings and would have never disconnected at all!! Because I had no radio or transmission problems whatsoever leading up to that. Just saying. And it sits there today 3 weeks later. LOL and sigh!
Be good to be able set a manual 'warning height' so it alerts us at 400ft, but let's us fly as high as we set max for safety. Maybe it already does, like you mine is set at 400ft

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl