Just lost my P4 this evening.

Be good to be able set a manual 'warning height' so it alerts us at 400ft, but let's us fly as high as we set max for safety. Maybe it already does, like you mine is set at 400ft
That would be pretty cool if it was designed that way actually. That would have saved me here for sure!

UPDATE on my bird! Maintenance guy just told me he has my P4 in his office right now. There was a window they found that was close enough to get to it. He said its in perfect condition! HELL YES! Im shocked! Thanks for everyones concerns on my story here! And again don't be dumb like I was! So lucky this ends like this. Footage from this flight will be fun to see for sure!

UPDATE on my bird! Maintenance guy just told me he has my P4 in his office right now. There was a window they found that was close enough to get to it. He said its in perfect condition! HELL YES! Im shocked! Thanks for everyones concerns on my story here! And again don't be dumb like I was! So lucky this ends like this. Footage from this flight will be fun to see for sure!

KevMo that's just awesome man! i cannot wait to see the video!!!! Also make sure to let us know the condition of the bird once u get her back?! I kinda think that even though she sat out there for 3 weeks, that she's gonna be just fine and you may even be able to fly her. Fingers crossed buddy!

Awesome! Looking forward to the video as well....even the last few minutes where the bird just stared at the building like 'WTF do I do now?!?!? Screw it! I'll just land here!' LOL...

Thanks so much Donnie! You and me both can't wait.
KevMo, I suggest you don't wait for the window guys to arrive. You should proactively seek them out BEFORE they arrive to wash the windows. Give them the story and your phone number, and offer them a $100 reward. Find out their company name so you can find them later if needed. Find out the exact day they will be there, and what time. When you make contact, ask for them to call you when they arrive. Making contact now is important IMHO. Take a screen capture of your video that shows the craft location on the building and email that photo to them. You want them to know your expecting it back, and will pay for their efforts before they go up there.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Wow, you have been lucky all-round with this one, followed your story from here in the UK and can't wait to see your footage. Ironic that the most viewed footage is when there's an escape from a near doomsday event. Think we will all learn from this event, could have been so much worse. Congratulations on your drone recovery.

Ok guys, here is footage from the doomed flight! P4 performed like a champ. Still cant believe that it stopped directly over this 1 1/2 ft wide ledge about 15-20ft above it and then auto landed when battery died. My Sd card filled up so I didn't get the landing which sucks. But it tried to climb up about 20ft or so but could not go up anymore because of RTH set too low. Also had my controller altitude set at 400ft as well. I was so very lucky to get this bird back for sure. Plus, it's in perfect working order too. Even the battery is working perfect. The only thing I'm questioning is that I'm not hearing the fan at power up like it is on my new P4. Do you guys know if that fan comes on every single time you power up your bird? Or will it come on later sometimes? I have been bitched at plenty here btw. So hopefully all of that is over with. I get it guys! LOL. Just wanted to share what not to do! LOL

Ok guys, here is footage from the doomed flight! P4 performed like a champ. Still cant believe that it stopped directly over this 1 1/2 ft wide ledge about 15-20ft above it and then auto landed when battery died. My Sd card filled up so I didn't get the landing which sucks. But it tried to climb up about 20ft or so but could not go up anymore because of RTH set too low. Also had my controller altitude set at 400ft as well. I was so very lucky to get this bird back for sure. Plus, it's in perfect working order too. Even the battery is working perfect. The only thing I'm questioning is that I'm not hearing the fan at power up like it is on my new P4. Do you guys know if that fan comes on every single time you power up your bird? Or will it come on later sometimes? I have been bitched at plenty here btw. So hopefully all of that is over with. I get it guys! LOL. Just wanted to share what not to do! LOL

Man that was so close, if it had aimed to the left just a few degrees it would have made it around the building. Glad you were able to recover it!

My fan comes on every time I power up.

Kevin, where were you and your RC relative to the building? Across the river as implied by the first part of the video, or among the buildings as implied by the second part of the video?

Kevin, where were you and your RC relative to the building? Across the river as implied by the first part of the video, or among the buildings as implied by the second part of the video?
I was right on the bank of the river on other side. 1 Mile out! So my bird went into RTH after 3 seconds of going behind the building and then turned right at my controller and headed home. Saw the building at 20mph I would say and put on the brakes. Hovered there for 10-15 min and auto landed right on the 1 1/2ft wide ledge directly below it at 10% battery. So it was gonna land softly no matter if it missed the building ledge or not. This is not a street below this building at all btw. It's just a delivery service alley. But had it missed the ledge it would have came down to a little roof at about 60ft off the ground which is also connected to the back of same building. It was also a Sunday so there was almost no people around at all anyway. But still, I def will not be doing this again this far out ever! Lesson learned for sure!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl