Just Lost My 1 Week old P4P Help Please

Well I'm already seeing an issue. DJI wants me to Sync my DJIGO records..I was using Litchi...any thoughts?

I sent the Litchi CSV file....technically you don't have to use any app to fly the bird right?

Last edited:
Well I'm already seeing an issue. DJI wants me to Sync my DJIGO records..I was using Litchi...any thoughts?

I sent the Litchi CSV file....technically you don't have to use any app to fly the bird right?
I didn't realize this was a Litchi flight. Litchi is an approved app, using the DJI developer SDK. It won't void your warranty, but it adds a new wrinkle, as now Litchi could potentially be the cause, if you weren't at fault (pilot error). Perhaps a statement from Litchi that, after reviewing your Litchi log files, no pilot error or Litchi bug caused the crash, would help. DJI is not very familiar with the Litchi CSV files. The more information you can supply to establish the the only reasonable cause was a system failure, the better off you'll be. Ask for a supervisor.

Yep I'm ******! I did provide them a way to see the data file and attached it as well but no go.. Let me ask those that know this....if I recovered the bird would they still refuse to replace under DJI Care??? I fly Litchi only and I'm paying for DJI Care so I'd like to know if that automatically voids the DJI Refresh as well???

xrlhk.jpg

I didn't realize this was a Litchi flight. Litchi is an approved app, using the DJI developer SDK. It won't void your warranty, but it adds a new wrinkle, as now Litchi could potentially be the cause, if you weren't at fault (pilot error). Perhaps a statement from Litchi that, after reviewing your Litchi log files, no pilot error or Litchi bug caused the crash, would help. DJI is not very familiar with the Litchi CSV files. The more information you can supply to establish the the only reasonable cause was a system failure, the better off you'll be. Ask for a supervisor.
Well as you can see they are claiming it voided the warranty???

This is all I can find in the warranty. I think it's a lost cause.

× Failure of, or damage caused by, any third party products, including those that DJI may provide or integrate into the DJI product at your request.

well dont give up, speak to a supervisor or to her supervisor. Why would they open up their SDK to developers who through their development make the DJI product more attractive then figure out how to not pay up?

but the refresh is not subjected to the same is it? I mean I believed it meant even if your fault with the carcass its covered. need to find that bird. too bad no trackimo though. I was going to get the Marco Polo but with your problems locating it now Iguess a gps tracker is better

well dont give up, speak to a supervisor or to her supervisor. Why would they open up their SDK to developers who through their development make the DJI product more attractive then figure out how to not pay up?
Spoke to supervisor...warranty is void when flying any 3rd party app supported or not. Also he clarified that flying Litchi would void the factory warranty and the DJI Care warranty...

Spoke to supervisor...warranty is void when flying any 3rd party app supported or not. Also he clarified that flying Litchi would void the factory warranty and the DJI Care warranty...
Wow!! So sorry for the loss.

I'm assuming if you send a crash bird and they just go through with the repair under the warranty you're fine but if they ask for your data file to see how the crash occurred And you were using Litchi you're screwed

The Marco Polo performed as expected the problem in my scenario was I couldn't get to the location before the tranceiver chip went dead. There's a good chance where the bird was that the water killed the transceiver as it's not waterproof at all Also my mistake for not using my TRACKIMO in conjunction with the Marco Polo have I gotten any specific location it wouldn't matter when I went back to retrieve the bird

finally now I have to worry if I am able to retrieve it by sight are they not going to honor my DJI refresh because I know I was flying litchi it's just a complete mess

Well as you can see they are claiming it voided the warranty???

That sucks ☹️
I recall reading this here on PhantomPilots while still waiting for the P4P to start shipping last year and decided I wanted nothing to do with it ,

I would really give it an effort to recover it now, this may sound a little out there but hire a day laborer they'll be more than happy to help you look they're just trying to make a buck and compared to the usual hard labor they perform looking for a drone in a wooded area is a piece of cake for them , your already in it for about $1650 minus the controller value another $75 won't hurt and at least you'll have the satisfaction of knowing " you tried" .

That sucks ☹️
I recall reading this here on PhantomPilots while still waiting for the P4P to start shipping last year and decided I wanted nothing to do with it ,

I would really give it an effort to recover it now, this may sound a little out there but hire a day laborer they'll be more than happy to help you look they're just trying to make a buck and compared to the usual hard labor they perform looking for a drone in a wooded area is a piece of cake for them , your already in it for about $1650 minus the controller value another $75 won't hurt and at least you'll have the satisfaction of knowing " you tried" .
What I don't understand is technically you can fly the drone without any app correct I could start it up and fly it without being connected to my phone

What I don't understand is technically you can fly the drone without any app correct I could start it up and fly it without being connected to my phone
I dunno I never tried but I guess you'd have to stay within VLOS since you don't have video feed which kinda means why bother buying a P4P why not just buy P3 just for the flying experience , the camera , video is useless without a phone.

This is all I can find in the warranty. I think it's a lost cause.

× Failure of, or damage caused by, any third party products, including those that DJI may provide or integrate into the DJI product at your request.
Wow i always think about 3rd party app(litchi) not that i would send for repair being this part of world ,gezz the phantoms probly got 3rd party parts made by cheapest bidder they dont mention that,,try contact land owner gumboots on and in there,i would love to search but to far away,best of luck again, Ian

You might want to double check on that, I know I've seen posts from the DJI reps on their forums stating that using a 3rd party app doesn't automatically void the warranty - but obviously they won't be able to view the flight records if you don't have the drone, so that severely reduces the likelihood of an outcome in your favor.

This is why I personally only use Litchi when I really need it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72