Just Lost My 1 Week old P4P Help Please

You mentioned a "Death spiral". That would indicate either a lost prop, broken prop or a motor pulled out of it's mount from a cracked mounting base.

So I returned to the crash area today. Still can't get access til Monday however I flew all over the area and had NO VISUAL sighting. I did fire up the Marco Polo and got an immediate signal so the bird is probably on land. Problem is there is water, marsh and tree lines...most of the area will be impossible to get to without an airboat...so I'm figuring now 90% chance I don't recover. I will try and take the tracker in and see if I have any luck but at this point not expecting much. Already bought a new bird today. Very gun shy now, afraid of just falling out of the sky. Would be easier to take if I knew what happened. Over 500 flights and 150 hours and no issues.

You mentioned a "Death spiral". That would indicate either a lost prop, broken prop or a motor pulled out of it's mount from a cracked mounting base.
That was my choice of words. It happened fast but I don't think it was spiraling because I could see it coming down in my VR Goggles..Dropped is a better word. Of course I check props and such before flying. I'm leaning towards a bird attack or strike. Noting happened in my view.

Over 500 flights and 150 hours and no issues.
For you, not the bird as you said was new? The other way to look at it is that you compiled that much flight time with no issues, so it's actually rare. Don't be too gun shy. Bet as much as you can afford to lose and with buying yet another one, you have some budget for this game! But I do understand this is quite a loss if you can't be covered. Fingers crossed.

For you, not the bird as you said was new? The other way to look at it is that you compiled that much flight time with no issues, so it's actually rare. Don't be too gun shy. Bet as much as you can afford to lose and with buying yet another one, you have some budget for this game! But I do understand this is quite a loss if you can't be covered. Fingers crossed.
I have a Phantom 4 pro that's at DJI for repair, fan stopped working. I realized it could be months so I bought this new bird 10 days ago to use as backup. When repaired bird came back I would decide to sell used or keep. Before that I owned Phantom 4 and P3P

Very interested to see what happened

was the battery on the marco polo fulley charged?
not sure of the battery life on the marco polo tx.
hope it is still working on Monday.

I get so sick and tired of hearing people telling me my rates will go up!! I don't have anything but a PAP with State Farm covering my drone equipment, $60 a year and NO DEDUCTABLE! So before you chime in look into what you are trying to shoot down! And yes I have heard from enough people that even if I don't have State Farm and I file a claim my other insurance will go up. It might but State Farm writing me a check for the full cost of the drone and other equipment lost no question asked...It's a no brainer.

Not to take this thread off topic. However, if you do indeed ever have a claim on your phantom, you will more than likely be dropped from their coverage immediately after.

The plus side is you'll still get a check for your phantom. But you'll need another option if you still want insurance.

Reactions: KingDad1985
Not to take this thread off topic. However, if you do indeed ever have a claim on your phantom, you will more than likely be dropped from their coverage immediately after.

The plus side is you'll still get a check for your phantom. But you'll need another option if you still want insurance.

Agree. With a no deductible you will get paid. Insurance companies cross check multiple areas of information. That includes your credit score and prior claims. They can and will limit future insurance coverage and will increase rates. The deal is not a "no brainer." The $60 per year gives you coverage. However, for a little over twice as much DJI claims will not effect your coverage.

State Farm is a good plan. There are certain issues with filing a claim.

And, calm down, it's not a big deal that people are voicing a concern about a posting. It comes with the territory of placing information on a forum.

And, this is just my opinion. I may be wrong.

Agree. With a no deductible you will get paid. Insurance companies cross check multiple areas of information. That includes your credit score and prior claims. They can and will limit future insurance coverage and will increase rates. The deal is not a "no brainer." The $60 per year gives you coverage. However, for a little over twice as much DJI claims will not effect your coverage.

State Farm is a good plan. There are certain issues with filing a claim.

And, calm down, it's not a big deal that people are voicing a concern about a posting. It comes with the territory of placing information on a forum.

And, this is just my opinion. I may be wrong.
Problem is DJI plan will not cover a situation like I find myself in, a missing drone that in all likelihood can't be recovered. DJI and a Loss Policy is what's needed, both to be fully protected.

Reactions: SRJ_Phantom_4_Pro
if you give up looking for it you should post a reward of $250 for the return of your drone with coordinates of the general location of loss. Someone with an air boat may get ambitious and look for it. Teenage kids will often work hard for rewards.

Reactions: Gulfstream
Problem is DJI plan will not cover a situation like I find myself in, a missing drone that in all likelihood can't be recovered. DJI and a Loss Policy is what's needed, both to be fully protected.
That would be nice of them because things can happen like prop,motor,battery failure over water and the customer is automatically screwed out of $1100 (copter alone cost) and most likely buy's another one to get back to flying so its actually in DJI's best interest not to ever offer such a policy

You sound like your giving/gave up hope of ever finding it without even stepping foot on the property to look for it , I thought you replied that your tracking device is giving off a signal..I think your soon going to be the owner of (3) P4P's.

Oh I'm gonna step foot first thing tomorrow but after looking at site yesterday it might not be reachable....so I'm prepared for the worst.

It's a long shot, but others have had DJI replace the Drone under warranty even without the Drone being found or returned.
I found a specific case on the forum.
Located at
replacement by dji after flyaway
Here is the posting:

I think with all the documentation, you might be able to have a case. You simply need a sympathetic ear at DJI. It certainly is worth the time...and I would point out to them you are a repeat DJI customer who could spread the good will.

Dear Bruce K
After having our data analysis team take a look at the flight log from the flight in question, we were unable to determine the cause of this unfortunate event.

There does not seem to be any user error, but without the craft, to analyze the flight records there is no way to be 100% sure.

With that being said we have decided to cover your unit by warranty, and offer the craft only at no cost to you
Please reply with your return shipping address.

Once this information is obtained I will be able to move forward with your case.

Thank you for your understanding

It's a long shot, but others have had DJI replace the Drone under warranty even without the Drone being found or returned.
I found a specific case on the forum.
Located at
replacement by dji after flyaway
Here is the posting:

I think with all the documentation, you might be able to have a case. You simply need a sympathetic ear at DJI. It certainly is worth the time...and I would point out to them you are a repeat DJI customer who could spread the good will.

Dear Bruce K
After having our data analysis team take a look at the flight log from the flight in question, we were unable to determine the cause of this unfortunate event.

There does not seem to be any user error, but without the craft, to analyze the flight records there is no way to be 100% sure.

With that being said we have decided to cover your unit by warranty, and offer the craft only at no cost to you
Please reply with your return shipping address.

Once this information is obtained I will be able to move forward with your case.

Thank you for your understanding

Thanks for this. I was gonna attempt this. The bird is covered by DJI refresh warranty too..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94