Just Lost My 1 Week old P4P Help Please

Good luck. I really hope the Marco Polo helps you find it. Once you get it back, you may also want to get a "drone keeper mini". Link: dronekeeper mini I use that in addition to the Marco Polo. Once it detects no movement, it emits a very loud "Beep" sound every few seconds so that you can hone in its position. That with the Marco Polo makes the drone really easy to find.

Good luck. I really hope the Marco Polo helps you find it. Once you get it back, you may also want to get a "drone keeper mini". Link: dronekeeper mini I use that in addition to the Marco Polo. Once it detects no movement, it emits a very loud "Beep" sound every few seconds so that you can hone in its position. That with the Marco Polo makes the drone really easy to find.
The issue with the dronekeeper is that it might allow a third party to locate the AC prior to you having a chance to get to the location?

The issue with the dronekeeper is that it might allow a third party to locate the AC prior to you having a chance to get to the location?

Using the dronekeeper assumes that you are going to immediately go after your aircraft in the event that it goes missing. I don't fly at night, so if my bird goes down, there aint much stopping me from giving chase on foot -- immediately.

Using the dronekeeper assumes that you are going to immediately go after your aircraft in the event that it goes missing.
Understood- I expect it reasonable to envision circumstances where notwithstanding that intent it could be that you ultimately arrive at the location after someone else has located and absconded with your AC (and might not have been alerted to its prescience in the absence of the audible location device).

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I also had a trackimo but stopped using it when I bought the Marco. Wish I had it on as it would be telling me now exact location.

If it's thick brush and marshy, go buy some waders and a machete and get in there. An hour or hard swinging and work could get you to it. Sorry for the bad luck and hope you find it

Well went today and the workers didn't show up. Also no more signal from the Marco Polo. As for jumping the fence as mentioned Barbed Wire and at 56 my fence jumping days are over.Secondly I didn't want to send a kid or someone else in there because of the marshy mess and sink holes etc. I didn't need a kid drowning on my dime back there, no drone worth that. So my plan is to still try and find when I can get back there, meanwhile I'm going to appeal to DJI to honor the DJI Refresh agreement without return. Surely they can see from data it fell out of the sky. Now I know the odds of them complying are a million to one there are a few cases where they did honor warranty on lost birds. We'll see. Appreciate all the help and kind thoughts and I'll keep you posted.

Well went today and the workers didn't show up. Also no more signal from the Marco Polo. As for jumping the fence as mentioned Barbed Wire and at 56 my fence jumping days are over.Secondly I didn't want to send a kid or someone else in there because of the marshy mess and sink holes etc. I didn't need a kid drowning on my dime back there, no drone worth that. So my plan is to still try and find when I can get back there, meanwhile I'm going to appeal to DJI to honor the DJI Refresh agreement without return. Surely they can see from data it fell out of the sky. Now I know the odds of them complying are a million to one there are a few cases where they did honor warranty on lost birds. We'll see. Appreciate all the help and kind thoughts and I'll keep you posted.
Forget about DJI Refresh. Even if they honor it, you will still have to pay $99 for the Refresh. Argue instead for a free warranty replacement based upon your tablet file of the flight, and some unknown manufacturing defect. Clearly no pilot error. Without proof of pilot error, DJI errors on the side of warranty coverage, especially on a new bird! Don't take no for an answer! Good luck! :cool:

Forget about DJI Refresh. Even if they honor it, you will still have to pay $99 for the Refresh. Argue instead for a free warranty replacement based upon your tablet file of the flight, and some unknown manufacturing defect. Clearly no pilot error. Without proof of pilot error, DJI errors on the side of warranty coverage, especially on a new bird! Don't take no for an answer! Good luck! :cool:
I thought about going for warranty but figured I'd meet them 1/2 way sorta...I'd welcome $92 over the current -$1500.00 situation.. :)

I thought about going for warranty but figured I'd meet them 1/2 way sorta...I'd welcome $92 over the current -$1500.00 situation.. :)
Except there is no exclusion of coverage for an unrecoverable drone under the DJI manufacturer's warranty, which there explicitly is under DJI Refresh insurance. This was clearly not pilot error. That's all you need to establish for warranty coverage, which is already established from the tablet flight log file. Go for it! Trust me! Been there. Done that. It worked! :cool:

Except there is no exclusion of coverage for an unrecoverable drone under the DJI manufacturer's warranty, which there explicitly is under DJI Refresh insurance. This was clearly not pilot error. That's all you need to establish for warranty coverage, which is already established from the tablet flight log file. Go for it! Trust me! Been there. Done that. It worked! :cool:
Ok I see now that might be the way to go. I will try.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72