Just crashed!!!!

In an earlier post you mentioned it might have cracked during a previous incident. Is this just speculation or was there an actual previous incident that you know for sure the props struck something?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

In an earlier post you mentioned it might have cracked during a previous incident. Is this just speculation or was there an actual previous incident that you know for sure the props struck something?

Nope. First crash, but anythings possible. At 400 feet with my eyes a 747 could bump it and I probably wouldn't see it.

Haha... interesting. I'm normally very confident in the P3's reliability with the exception of these occasional unexplained prop failure stories. Good to see your back to it though.

They will auto discharge down to a safe storage level. Don't press the button on the batteries (it'll prevent them from discharging).

So if i Press the button on The battery once to se The level of it and it is at example 80% it wont discharge after ny 2 days i have set in the app??

Only you can know the best what happened, but if you asked me to guess (and I'm assuming that the props are official DJI props and not 3rd party), I would say that the prop that came off did that first, and the broken prop happened on the crash landing.

So if i Press the button on The battery once to se The level of it and it is at example 80% it wont discharge after ny 2 days i have set in the app??

Nope, it will start the drain period that you have set in the app (default 10 days) back to day 1. So if your battery is at 80% and you are on 10 day default, if you press the battery on day 9, you will have to wait another 10 days before discharge starts again.

Are P2 props still available with the metal inserts?

Metal insert props are not designed to be used with the P3. This was well documented when the P3 came out over a year ago. Stick with stock props.
I believe you and I am sure it is well documented somewhere. But humor me from mechanical science point of view, what is so different in the motor tread design/material between phantom 2 and 3 that prevent the use of metal insert prop on phantom 3?

Thank you

I believe you and I am sure it is well documented somewhere. But humor me from mechanical science point of view, what is so different in the motor tread design/material between phantom 2 and 3 that prevent the use of metal insert prop on phantom 3?

Thank you
Well, I'm no metallurgist! I'm an accountant! It was something to do with the composite being designed to grip on the metal threads so as not to allow props flying off when active braking was deployed. Metal to metal, in order to enjoy the same grip levels would have to be excessively tightened, which in turn would put additional strain on the hubs and could cause them to split or crack and the prop to become loose.

Something like that.

Reactions: With The Birds
Almost hit the "buy it now "on a new advanced then I read this thread. Oh dear

Well, I'm no metallurgist! I'm an accountant! It was something to do with the composite being designed to grip on the metal threads so as not to allow props flying off when active braking was deployed. Metal to metal, in order to enjoy the same grip levels would have to be excessively tightened, which in turn would put additional strain on the hubs and could cause them to split or crack and the prop to become loose.

Something like that.
Accountant or not that description is good enough for me not to need to post... Beautifully explained.

Reactions: happydays
Almost hit the "buy it now "on a new advanced then I read this thread. Oh dear

Shouldn't keep you from buying. All signs point to it being my error. Now DJI's customer service, maybe that should keep you from buying. My next drone definitely wont be DJI.

I think you tight to hard... I did it one day and my props loose screw
Sorry for my bad english

Shouldn't keep you from buying. All signs point to it being my error. Now DJI's customer service, maybe that should keep you from buying. My next drone definitely wont be DJI.
If you like to brake hard why don't you use carbon fiber blades?? They're definitely stronger than the plastic ones.

Reactions: Tony Cowan

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl