Just crashed!!!!

I was flying for a while though so I would think it would have self tightened if I did.
The props definitely don't self-tighten sufficiently. DJI explains that in this video.

The props definitely don't self-tighten sufficiently. DJI explains that in this video.

No I tightened them for sure. Now that I retraced my steps it has to be a cracked prop. The propeller that came off was right next to the quad. The cracked piece was nowhere to be found. Still my fault though. Thanks for the info on tightening. I'll keep it in mind along with checking the integrity of my props before taking off.

Reactions: Air Ontario
1. Flying hard will not break these props. Only if you hit something (bird, big insect, branch) would it break in flight.
2. Your prop, even if installed pretty tight, can unscrew if your motor stops suddenly. This can be caused by faulty ESC, bad solder joint or motor wire becoming disconnected. DJI claims it can be caused by active braking if props are not tight enough. If this can really happen, then it is a bad design.

I'm so glad I have DJI care 1 year on my new phantom 3 Pro and a trackimo. All I have worry about is not crashing into water. For all the DJI care haters, IMO 300$ is worth having piece of mind for the first year, and have fun pushing the Phantom hard without worry.

Oh and if you are pushing the p3 to its limits then I'd advise carbon reinforced props from DJI as I believe they can take more force when taking hard corners at fast speeds, the flexing of stock props can weaken the plastic over time if you are lead finger on the throttle.

I'm so glad I have DJI care 1 year on my new phantom 3 Pro and a trackimo. All I have worry about is not crashing into water. For all the DJI care haters, IMO 300$ is worth having piece of mind for the first year, and have fun pushing the Phantom hard without worry.

Wasn't available when I got mine.

Wasn't available when I got mine.

You could of added it to yours as all you need to do is send in a verification video that it works.

@dronesdestination I live in Canada and most warranty services aren't in Canada, also I don't trust 3rd party as most uses non OEM parts to fix the crashed quad. 300$ Canadian for a 1600$ w/tax Canadian purchase is fair for me and knowing oem parts and DJI tech will be used puts my mind at ease.

Ok. After reading this thread. I will keep both my drones now. Standard and pro.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

my 2 drones nice tony

82140b583447093cc428e5921e7f6a9f.jpg

4b001cdf06c31f47b5b91b33fa367931.jpg

Back in the game!!!

Just crashed my Phantom 3Pro. I was banking hard and one of the props spun off. It tumbled down about 60 feet and hit the turf hard. I have a couple questions. I was flying on a brand new battery, literally just charged it this morning for the first time. It looks like its still in good shape. Do I toss it just in case? Second, I just started flying for the day and I have 5 other batteries that are fully charged. I obviously cant discharge them since I dont have the quad. Will they be fine until my new one arrives?
Thanks in advance.

Edit: I now believe one of my props cracked in the air because of the added pressure I put on them by flying it way too hard. Prop also could have had a crack in it from a previous incident. Either way, let my loss be your gain. Remember the preflight check!!!!

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

I have a Shell that I might sell if you are interested?

2. Your prop, even if installed pretty tight, can unscrew if your motor stops suddenly. This can be caused by faulty ESC, bad solder joint or motor wire becoming disconnected. DJI claims it can be caused by active braking if props are not tight enough. If this can really happen, then it is a bad design.

Why would you worry about props unscrewing if a motor stop suddenly? A quad will crash immediately if one of the motor stop.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub