Jittery video

Reaction score
It was a beautiful day and I was sure to get some amazing video until........

On my outbound leg I started to get "propulsion output limited to protect battery" error messages. As you'll see it would be difficult to impossible to retrieve the bird should I lose it so decided to cut it short.

Anyhow, it's a rather boring video as a single uncut clip. I was pretty much experimenting with my new computer and Da Vinci Resolve to see what kind of rendering times I am looking at. While playing back I noticed some jitters in the playback. I am using a GND filter but am wondering 2 things. #1 would a straight old ND help with the jitters? #2 is it possible to stack an ND with a GND, I guess I should mention that I have the P3S so it uses the slip on filters.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: PolishPoet
Yes an ND filter could fix it but there are a few other things that can cause rolling shutter too. Check the balance of your props also the vibration dampners on your gimbal.

Actually, they sell the rod and balancer in a package now cheaper HERE

Awesome thanks. I was going to order them individually but the package looks like a winner.
When you mention the vibration dampners is that the white rubber "balls" that support the gimble? What should I be looking for other than obvious wear or damage?

Sent from my SM-J700T using PhantomPilots mobile app

Over time the dampners (yes thew white rubber balls) can become harder and less flexible especially if exposed to moisture. If they aren't as soft or if there is physical damage to them replace them with the spare set.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan