ITElite DBS Mod Not easy!!

theese plugs were not available when i did mine.

Thanks Dirby, but according to this video:
I don't have to drill anything. Those are the antenna plugs I purchased for my install.
Yes, if I had it to do again that would be the route-- but that technique was not revealed until some smart lad figured it out.:D:D

Hi... Has anyone seen these controllers available for purchase with the mod completed already? I'm really interested in buying an Inspire controller with the mod so I could use it for a P3P or Inspire in the future.

Thanks!
Lam

Hi... Has anyone seen these controllers available for purchase with the mod completed already? I'm really interested in buying an Inspire controller with the mod so I could use it for a P3P or Inspire in the future.

Thanks!
Lam
Send a PM to hunch. He usually has something laying around he's willing to sell.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
I was ready to buy the BDS mod when I watched the video on their website.
At the 4:40 mark, the “Up to you“ remark confused me. I want to remove the both antennas and install it through the original “holes“ like mentioned above (no drilling). In the video it mentioned 5.8GHz and there was cutting apart one of the antenna. Is this step necessary?

5.8 ghz antenna is for the inspire controller only . It uses a 5.8ghz antenna to communicate between controllers when the operator is using dual controllers .

you could send your controler to DBSMods and they could install the antenna for you.

Yeah I highly recommend that. Bug chuck from dbs did my install . Very professional and clean . 100 bucks is well worth it and the turn around time was less than a week from the day I shipped it out to the day I got it back. Return shipping included too!!

Reactions: Tommymonkey
Hello, Guys just got my DBS mod installed where can I purchase some spare SMA good cables. Thanks

Hello, Guys just got my DBS mod installed where can I purchase some spare SMA good cables. Thanks
Ebay has several dealers . Just search rp sma male to sma male jumper cables. And if you want a right angle and a certain length most of the sellers will make them however you want them for no extra charge

Tommymonkey and phantom13flyer,

Do you have picture of your setup? And what's swr? I'm new at this and am trying read/learn as much as I can. I'm also waiting for my DBS antenna for my P3P to arrive (hopefully tomorrow).

Tommymonkey and phantom13flyer,

Do you have picture of your setup? And what's swr? I'm new at this and am trying read/learn as much as I can. I'm also waiting for my DBS antenna for my P3P to arrive (hopefully tomorrow).
SWR is standing wave ratio which measures the amount of reflected power from an antenna or in the case cables. The more power reflected leads to heat buildup which over time can lead to damage. I'll post a couple pics tonight. Welcome to the club!!

SWR is standing wave ratio which measures the amount of reflected power from an antenna or in the case cables. The more power reflected leads to heat buildup which over time can lead to damage. I'll post a couple pics tonight. Welcome to the club!!

Thank you.

Also, I saw one of you posts in another thread regarding rg58 over rg402. For our application, is rg58 the best cable to use? I tried researching this online, but got confused with all the other "rg" cables out there, i.e., rg59, rg213, etc.

I just made the switch from the rg402 to the rg58. The weather has been crappy and I haven't gotten a chance to make any long distance flights. The rg58 cables are thicker and more flexible than the 402's . Tony from fpvlr recommended them over the rg402 cables. The 402's can break over time and you won't know it because it's on the inside . I'm hoping to be able to get out this weekend and I'll post my results .

20151203174126.jpg
20151203174100.jpg
20151203174126.jpg
20151203174100.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka