ITELITE Antenna Owners Thread: 4 MILES WITH P3P (page 31)

ok so i used the app with the wand and i got a bit further before control signal lost, 3600 feet.

Were your connections made with "perfectly clean" parts, and "torqued" as they should have been?

I know we're not talking about "rocket science" here, but it's pretty **** close. Things have to be just right for them to work to the limits.

Were your connections made with "perfectly clean" parts, and "torqued" as they should have been?

I know we're not talking about "rocket science" here, but it's pretty **** close. Things have to be just right for them to work to the limits.

probably something i should go back and see especially in the tx.

We are in the same boat! I've done the same parts exchanges you have and have been flying with the same fpv settings. Weather here has been HORRIBLE and I haven't been able to fly for two weeks. I'm looking forward to testing the lower FPV settings mentioned by Clayton. Let us know if that changes your distance and I'll do the same as soon as I can get out to fly!

I had a chance to fly today at my work which is on the top of a hill with a clear like of sight for over a mile. I used the lowest FPV setting and got out to 4000' before the WiFi dropped off. Not too bad, but I still don't understand how people are getting twice that.

I had a chance to fly today at my work which is on the top of a hill with a clear like of sight for over a mile. I used the lowest FPV setting and got out to 4000' before the WiFi dropped off. Not too bad, but I still don't understand how people are getting twice that.

Or even 3 to 4 times that... we had a user on FAR OUT Long Range Multirotor Pilots Facebook group get 3 miles last week... but then again he was using amps nd boosters as well. Results really do vary quite a bit with variables like environment, interference, and install particulars to take into account... we knew this was the case but I just wish I could see every single user get that "perfect" result... frustrating at times. :mad:

So a couple new videos to drop in here...

Simon Newton got his hands on one of our little babies and looks like somebody stands a chance of getting a free antenna... watch his clip for details.

And I've been messing around more with my channel... trying to look a bit more polished... got an interesting perspective from the Phantom 3 Pro this morning....

mind you max i am getting with the lowest FPV setting is around 3000 feet.

By looking at your pic, looks like you are getting about the same range I get in that type of area. You flying over homes and other things that have wi-fi. Might also have some strong cell phone towers around? Looks like typical distance in that type of environment. To go farther u need to go somewhere where u don't get cell phone signal and no other wi-fi signals, clean air, no wind, 0 Kp index, the solar X-Rays and Geomagnetic field should be quiet, no clouds, ect. Must be a perfect day to get perfect range.
The way to test this antenna is in the same area you where flying before antenna and then after install you are getting twice the distance you got before in that same area then this antenna is working good.

8435151a581adc134a43dc58d801edf2.jpg

My personal récord 1.6 km

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Hi,
I just joined, this may have been already discussed some where.
I have a phantom 2 vision + v3 and I have just installed the itellite DBS phantom mod antenna. I purchased it to help with the control more than he fpv. Just flew a ground station flight about 1500' out.
Fpv no failure, but control signal was lost at varying distances all the way out. Any feedback would be appreciated. Additionally, I would like to ask, are you using ground station to fly out the 3000-8000 feet distances, when testing these long distance flights or are you controlling the phantom??

By looking at your pic, looks like you are getting about the same range I get in that type of area. You flying over homes and other things that have wi-fi. Might also have some strong cell phone towers around? Looks like typical distance in that type of environment. To go farther u need to go somewhere where u don't get cell phone signal and no other wi-fi signals, clean air, no wind, 0 Kp index, the solar X-Rays and Geomagnetic field should be quiet, no clouds, ect. Must be a perfect day to get perfect range.
The way to test this antenna is in the same area you where flying before antenna and then after install you are getting twice the distance you got before in that same area then this antenna is working good.

some very interesting points, yes i do get more than what i got from the stock stuff, yes there is a mobile tower not far from me, here is a video of my neighbourhood, alot of houses etc

Hi,
I just joined, this may have been already discussed some where.
I have a phantom 2 vision + v3 and I have just installed the itellite DBS phantom mod antenna. I purchased it to help with the control more than he fpv. Just flew a ground station flight about 1500' out.
Fpv no failure, but control signal was lost at varying distances all the way out. Any feedback would be appreciated. Additionally, I would like to ask, are you using ground station to fly out the 3000-8000 feet distances, when testing these long distance flights or are you controlling the phantom??

it does not matter if you lose control signal on a GS flight as all coordinates are uploaded to the phantom and it will complete the mission as per the planned route and it will come back to home once complete.

it does not matter if you lose control signal on a GS flight as all coordinates are uploaded to the phantom and it will complete the mission as per the planned route and it will come back to home once complete.
Yes it does come back, I purchased the antenna because I didn't like the fact that I was losing control signal at what I consider short flight distances. I was hoping to increase the control range. My question was, when this antenna is being tested, is the UAV being flown or is it in ground station flight. On the ground station flight, control signal failed at 500+- feet, came back went out again at 700+- feet, came back, went out at about 900 feet and stayed out for most of return flight. Control regained about 300-400 feet from home point.

Fpv was solid as a rock, entire flight. Just doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies when control of the bird is lost.

Looking for a solution to this issue. As a pilot of manned aircraft, loss of control is discomforting, to say the least. Counting on autopilot, is a luxury, not a control/safety mechanism for me. I would like to have control further than fpv.

Yes it does come back, I purchased the antenna because I didn't like the fact that I was losing control signal at what I consider short flight distances. I was hoping to increase the control range. My question was, when this antenna is being tested, is the UAV being flown or is it in ground station flight. On the ground station flight, control signal failed at 500+- feet, came back went out again at 700+- feet, came back, went out at about 900 feet and stayed out for most of return flight. Control regained about 300-400 feet from home point.

Fpv was solid as a rock, entire flight. Just doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies when control of the bird is lost.

Looking for a solution to this issue. As a pilot of manned aircraft, loss of control is discomforting, to say the least. Counting on autopilot, is a luxury, not a control/safety mechanism for me. I would like to have control further than fpv.

something seems a miss with your phantom would not be taking it out flying until this is resolved.

Yes it does come back, I purchased the antenna because I didn't like the fact that I was losing control signal at what I consider short flight distances. I was hoping to increase the control range...

Welcome to the party Neptunes Knight.

This might help you find things here in the forum. It's Google Custom Search, enter your text in the middle of the page, not at the top.
https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=014775389315664725445:ejku2ysgyhi

Enjoy the show. :D

Hey guys, just had some time to give this antenna a try,its on a phantom 2 vision + v3 and it looks like it get about 3500ft, is this about right? Just seeing if this is the norm for the setup.
Thanks G

Reactions: phantom13flyer
Depends on how high, the terrain and the obstacles in the way including foliage.

Reactions: G-unit
Hey guys, just had some time to give this antenna a try,its on a phantom 2 vision + v3 and it looks like it get about 3500ft, is this about right? Just seeing if this is the norm for the setup.
Thanks G
I started at 3000' and have worked my way up to 7300' at the same flying site just by how I aim the antenna. Now it has become a game to go further.

Reactions: G-unit
Nice 7300.. man i don't see mine going to that, I have i nice los with nothing in the way, I am pointing the antenna at it and the best i can get is the 3500, that is with no mod the the P2 just the antenna .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor