ITELITE Antenna Owners Thread: 4 MILES WITH P3P (page 31)

i am losing control signal before video signal, is it possible to disconnect the itelite 5.8 antenna (at the plug where it goes into the tx) and install a separate antenna so i can try out how much further i can get? will this affect the itelite antenna in any way?
you can do that, it wont hurt anything on the antenna.

Pre-orders starting days from now... shipping June 14/15th-ish
Will the same order link/page work for getting the Inspire antenna or will there be a different page entirely? I ordered and installed one for my p2v+ and it worked "too well" on the first test flight. (Flew the bird past the point of no return and lost contact shortly thereafter. Point of no return was due to a nice stiff tailwind on the way there that turned into a b!tch of a headwind on the way back. She did an emergency landing in a sparsely wooded area now known as the "Little Bermuda Triangle". No bird has been found to date although trajectory and last reported position was aprox 653 yards from Home point. Unfortunately even the clearings between those trees have 4-5 foot tall grass.

On a happier note, the antenna rocked! It more than tripled the maximum distance previously flown with continuous control and video feedback functionality. And the p2 going down gave me an "excuse" to buy an Inspire-1 "rescue drone". Although it's rescue capabilities are somewhat in question, it HAS allowed us to rule out rooftops in the area and some of the more "manicured" open/cleared areas. And as the area has a number of large buildings (Home Depot, Academy, etc.) ruling out the rooftops via 4k video from the Inspire camera has been a blessing to say the least. Yeah I know I could've done a P3Pro but the waiting/backorder times were too great at that point in the game due to impending bad weather. Besides, I'm completely happy with the Inspire and it's capabilities which are far beyond what I had with the P2 or would have with the P3. That thing flies gracefully and handles with coordination and agility that is far better than anything I've flown to date. Besides, what's so wrong about spending $3000 to find a $1000 drone? No...really. lol

Please let us know as soon as you have a link for ordering the Inspire version of the antenna as I'm definitely "IN" for one when they become available.

Thanks!
Treffin (David)

Here is some information for those who might be still trying to figure out the FatShark rubber ducky antenna mods to place on the legs of the Phantom.

This link that was posted earlier in the thread shows the FatShark 2.5GHz 2.5dBi antenna. Below it should show "Customers who bought this product also purchased.....

That one will be the FatShark 5.8Ghz 3dBi.

Both of these have a Male SMA connector. Which means that the center copper cable is the Male part.

=http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3924]FatSharks

When you buy the longer cables to hook the FatSharks up, make sure the end going to the FatSharks is the SMA end and not the RP SMA end. The RP stands for Reverse Polarity and will not work with the SMA ends. Just Google RP SMA vs SMA to read about them if you want.

The cables you need are on eBay. They have to be MMCX right angle Male to SMA Female. Since DBS used a 10" cable to relocate the stock flat panel antenna to the back of the Phantom, I'm thinking that would also work with the FatSharks.

Here is an eBay link just to show the cable needed. It is an 8" though.

MMCX right angle Male to SMA Female

I just ordered my Itelite DBS Antenna a few days ago. So now I'm patiently waiting.....lol!

I'm also about to order the FatShark antennas and cables today. Plus with my Zenmuse H3-3D Gimbal on its way, It'll be like Christmas around here!

I'm running a P2V+ with a GoPro 3 Silver Edition, but am about to buy the GoPro 4 Silver Edition. I love the GoPro over DJI's cameras. The Gopro4 is the best out there now for low light and night shooting.

I hope this helps some of you with the FatShark antennas.

Hi DBS,

I hope you can assist.
I've ordered (and paid) from Celery (order #101831239) on 24th May and when completed order I was advised that a confirmation mail would be sent soon thereafter.
Paypal payment was accepted by Itelite Antennas Inc.
Since 26th may I have queried with e-mail addresses specified in Paypal transaction but never received any response. 18 days for acknowledgment of order is indecent.
Before submitting a payment dispute to Paypal resolution center I try my luck by bothering you: can you help please? I would really like to try the product.

Thanks

Pre-orders starting days from now... shipping June 14/15th-ish

Things got pushed back ... hope to have pre-order up on sunday and antennas here first of July.
Ok. Thanks for responding. Please keep us posted. Where would I be able to find a link to preorder, once available to do so?

Got the Itelite DSB and the new Zenmuse H3-3D mounted on the P2V+.

Now to sit and watch it rain as we are under a flood watch most of the day. Ugh...

Mods to come are antenna boosters TX side and two linear polarized 2.4GHz antennas on the bird size.
image.jpg

ITElite Inspire/P3 antenna panels now available at dbsmods.com

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1434297447.551141.jpg

Yeah I am hearing crazy stuff about itelite with Fpvlr dipoles 3 miles on 640 480 30 fps? I don't see how they could be that much better then what I am running I have the Flytrex record with the orignal Vision 3.6 miles. I made that run at 320×240 30 fps. If the dbs and dipoles will hit 3 miles at max res then I should be able to get 4 miles no prob with this setup after I mod the battery. I def will find out lol.

I got my antenna today and then I realized that it won't work with my wifi module because I have the inputs put in a different way then can be used with the bracket what a waste of money I am not going to re drill holes kinda bummed out.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr