Ipad Mini 2

For those with an iPad mini 2, I was told that you do not have to sign up with service provider for GOS to work.
That's correct. I have the cellular iPad Mini 2 and iPad Mini 4. I haven't activated the cellular service on either and the GPS works in both when I fly in airplane mode.

So i could connect to the hotspot on my iPhone in order to use the maps ?

Yes you can use the hot spot on your phone and the location services will work just fine I have my mini 2 connected through my phone and the location of my phone shows on the map
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1451436096.443845.jpg

Just purchased the p3a and looking at getting the mini 2...I am not a tech savoy guy, and all I want to do is just fly and take pics from time/time....I will never use the follow me function but I do want the return to home to still work and other safe guards....That being said, can i get away with just wifi or will be be better to just spend the extra money to get the cellular version....would like to see my flight path as I fly as I have seen on others videos and thats about it....I wont be moving from the take off point...SORRY for the i am sure repeated question but I have been researching what drone to buy the last few weeks and my head hurts!!!

My ipad mini 2 wifi only does fine for what you want. Just dload maps before you go and enjoy. Just be sure to optimize it

My ipad mini 2 wifi only does fine for what you want. Just dload maps before you go and enjoy. Just be sure to optimize it
What is meant by downloading maps....will just be using the mini 2 as a fpv as flying...sorry this is my first drone and have no idea about cache mapping...I do want the safety functions of the drone to work though....so for me to just fly around using the mini 2 as a video screen with just wifi...will i still get height/speed of drone and can it still return to home??? sorry i know i sound stupid...

Connect your phone/tablet via Wi-Fi to the internet, open up the GO app, on the map go to the area that you will be flying and zoom in close and pan around to get all the detail. It will save it for several days.
As for the other questions, yes

Reactions: Gearsmasher
What do you mean by optimizing the iPad mini? I will probably be able to get my hands on one and use it instead of my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl