Ipad air 16 gb no gps?

You cannot use Follow Me and you will not be able to reset the home point to your current location.

Reactions: t2adze
With the GPS in the cellular model (barometer too), you might end up getting a carrier to see maps too. That or cache them or try and use your phone as a hot spot which eats into resources and some corrupted video streams at times. If you are rural, look at the best carrier for the area too. I made a mistake where I later found Verizon covers my area better than T-mobile, albeit more money to a data plan (~$15/mo. added to the cellphone's plan.).

Also, on maps matters, I found the DJI GO app uses Apple maps (Which are slow to be updated, maybe two years!). In Autopilot, the maps are different and more current, maybe Google Earth? Odd, but the caching between them might eat up the tablet's memory.

I have the Air 2 with 16GB dedicated to drone use only. It works very well and better than my Androids for droning which I gave up on due to video lag and sundry USB issues. Scary part is if you use it only for the drone, then adding some drone apps, Litchi or Autopilot, you'll eat up 16 GB pretty quick. 16 GB ain't much these days with some apps. I'm right on the edge of 16 GB now and may need to delete some apps I use for the drone. That or go for a Pro with a lot more GB. Ugh!

Personally, I'd go for the cellular model and at least 32 GB. Anything less and you may be back looking to upgrade later which costs you twice.

Good luck!

I guess we're luckier here in the UK. I don't have a data plan for my iPad Air cell, but when I'm out with the P3, I tether the phone to it and use the 20gb monthly data allowance I have with the moby contract. Also get unlimited minutes, txts and intl roaming back to the UK in 40 countries, plus 2gb intl data.... all for $14 a month with Vodafone.

I guess we're luckier here in the UK. I don't have a data plan for my iPad Air cell, but when I'm out with the P3, I tether the phone to it and use the 20gb monthly data allowance I have with the moby contract. Also get unlimited minutes, txts and intl roaming back to the UK in 40 countries, plus 2gb intl data.... all for $14 a month with Vodafone.

That's a good rate you got over there! Wish I had it here.

I don't know why it costs so much for cellular in the USA. Friend's family plan is $650 per month. Some make-up guy on the movie set sat around between scenes and played games and got nabbed for $2,500/mo. Trucker got a $3,500 bill from AT&T as he thought calling home to India was $19 per month and not per call. My 6GB runs $87/mo. and I don't want the overage charge$$$.

That's a good rate you got over there! Wish I had it here.

I don't know why it costs so much for cellular in the USA. Friend's family plan is $650 per month. Some make-up guy on the movie set sat around between scenes and played games and got nabbed for $2,500/mo. Trucker got a $3,500 bill from AT&T as he thought calling home to India was $19 per month and not per call. My 6GB runs $87/mo. and I don't want the overage charge$$$.

$650 A MONTH?? That's utterly ridiculous!!! You buying shares in the provider?? I presume you get fifteen 128gb iPhone 7 for that?! Seriously, what the contract? OK, admittedly my 9 month contract is SIM only as I had the handset but.... $650 A MONTH??

I have Walmart Family Mobile, which is T-Mobile and pay $87.00 a month for unlimited talk text and data on 2 phones. I've been real happy with them. The data throttles back after 5gigs but I never come close to that as most of my day is on wifi.

I was a bozo and ignorant in the beginning. I did purchase the ipad Air2 NO Cellular because I didn't want these monthly costs associated with a data plan...but I would not have GPS. The first day I had Autopilot, my device showed that my home point prior to launch was 240 feet away from the actual location ON TOP OF A CHURCH. Shut things down, went home to learn more. I purchased a Dual Electronics Skypro XGPS160 remote GPS device using blue tooth technology. This has lots of extra features I use and puts my home point where it should be.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor