iOS 9.2 or stick with IOS 8.4??

How do I find the logs form healthydrones?
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1444177853.575842.jpg

Be sure to change the files to .txt

Do a YouTube search if you're not sure how.

I will check on the heat issue, but I do not think it is my problem. In fact, on my second flight today it was losing the FPV video even before take off. Lost it sitting on the ground 15' away.
A stretch, but perhaps DJI hasn't optimized its app for the multitasking in iOS 9. Maybe try disabling multitasking, and also try disabling the new Siri Suggestions which uses a lot of resources from what I read. That may be enough to allow a Mini 2 to work better.

Last edited:
Reactions: brianb87
A stretch, but perhaps DJI hasn't optimized its app for the multitasking in iOS 9. Maybe try disabling multitasking, and also try disabling the new Siri suggestions which uses a lot of resources. That may be enough to allow a Mini 2 to work better.

Very good point. Also all apps should be closed besides the DJI App. Put it in airplane mode if it is a mini 2 wifi.

1. I will definitely check out Healthydrones.com ( I did but do not have time now to work with it now).

2. Oso, I think you and Prometric (read what Prometric said in an earlier post) are on the right track. I say this because as I was testing today if I would increase the amount of video input, I could make it fail. But on the other hand, as I stated, in my second flight it would fail sitting on the ground 15' away.

I do have all apps closed, but not in airplane mode on WiFi. I do not have anything come in so I did not put it into airplane mode but will, along with disabling Siri and the multitasking. However, I have read that disabling the multitasking has no effect.

What I don't understand why some have problems with FPV video and some do not.

I want to thank everyone for your help and suggestions, it is really appreciated. I would hate to have to be dealing with DJI alone on this problem. Unfortunately, I will be in meetings and not be able to do any testing until next Friday PM or Saturday. I hope there is another update by that time but I will let you know what I find as I continue to test at that time.

I again, apologize to those where there were uncalled for responses. I hope you understand it is very frustrating having a great time flying, to go to being grounded and reading about others flying out 33,000' with video, while Apple and DJI blame one another.

I have never read that. Not sure what to tell you. Try a different device, maybe borrow one if possible. Or buy one from Best Buy and return it if it isn't working well.

Best way to find the issue is process of elimination, start with the cheapest options first. Try healthydrones when you get a chance, downgrade your firmware to 1.3 then back to 1.4, add the 32 channel hack and use custom channels ect ect .. Then go from there as I mentioned before an older iPad mini 2 will have trouble running 8.4.1. Which I was testing on. So it is possible it wouldn't run 9.0.2.

Last edited:
The DJI GO app for IOS still shows version 2.2.0 on the DJI download page? That is not the latest, is it?

Thanks to all Of you guys. I think DJI definitely need To update the App and do something about it. The need To adapt the DJI GO App To the New IOS not backwards. I hope they do it before saturday, bye and thanks again

What do you get out of the upgrade if your just using IOS for the DJI? I'd like to see recording of the screen without additional app.

One reason to upgade is the ability to use the multitasking feature offered in iSO 9. However I am not upgrading until GO App requires the update... better to be safe than sorry!

I just upgraded from 8.4 to 9.02 and 2.3 on the Go app-- Flew 5 batteries No Issues-- it was rock solid and everything worked.

Reactions: Jbundy63
I just upgraded from 8.4 to 9.02 and 2.3 on the Go app-- Flew 5 batteries No Issues-- it was rock solid and everything worked.
I want to update but I'm so hesitant to do so. I'm on ISO 8.4 and Go 2.3.0 I was on ISO 9.0 and had a lot of video loss. I'm using an iPhone 6

I want to update but I'm so hesitant to do so. I'm on ISO 8.4 and Go 2.3.0 I was on ISO 9.0 and had a lot of video loss. I'm using an iPhone 6
I haven't tried my IPhone 6 yet, but I will. I normally fly with the ipad.

Reactions: Jbundy63
I haven't tried my IPhone 6 yet, but I will. I normally fly with the ipad.
If you do will you let me know, there are so many mixed reviews but mostly more people are using iPads and have not heard a lot about the iPhone (6) There are definitely mixed reviews on the DJI Forum about the new Go 2.3.0 and ISO 9.0.2? with video lag and disconnects. Any info would be appreciated.

Safe flying [emoji4]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spaz_12