iOS 9.2 or stick with IOS 8.4??

Reaction score
I keep thinking about updating to IOS 9.2 with my P3A from 8.4, it currently works fine with a bit of lag on 2.7k, update or stay with what I have?? suggestions please

I don't know, I went back to 8.4 just before Apple took it away. I have a P3P and had a lot of issues with lag, Video feed and connecting. Since then I have had no issues. I would definitely get as much input before you do because after that your stuck until a fix comes out.

I'm on iOS 9.0.2 with an iPad Air and everything works great. Sent the drone over 2 miles and back at 200 ft altitude with perfect signal and video. Still had 28 % battery left. So I could probably have gone further, but chickened out...!!

I'm on iOS 9.0.2 with an iPad Air and everything works great. Sent the drone over 2 miles and back at 200 ft altitude with perfect signal and video. Still had 28 % battery left. So I could probably have gone further, but chickened out...!!
It may be because I'm on an iPhone 6 I was on 9.0.1 but didn't go to the 9.0.2 before I downgraded. I've read a lot but just not sure either to stay where I am?

I think I may wait until the GO app release a new version, I am on IPhone 6, it's nice to fly it without any issues at the moment and while the weather is good, I might try it when the weather turns!

Reactions: Jbundy63
I think I may wait until the GO app release a new version, I am on IPhone 6, it's nice to fly it without any issues at the moment and while the weather is good, I might try it when the weather turns!
Same here, hopefully with the next week or so it will be all good.

Depends on what you want out of it. If you use Ground Station don't upgrade as there is reported problems. If you want to jailbreak it, don't upgrade it as you can still JB it. If you don't care about those things and the apps you use (Including those for your Phantom) have no reported issues then go ahead and move up to iOS9.

Reactions: dirkclod
I would stick with 8.4.1. Seems that 99% of the people that upgraded are having issues.

Why would you want to make a ridiculous statement like that? Do you have data to back up this wild claim? Apple has said... "more than 50 percent of devices already using iOS 9", according to data pulled from the App Store. That statement made 5 days after the release. Source - Apple - Press Info - iPhone 6s & iPhone 6s Plus Arrive on Friday, September 25

So far I am the only one I know that has no issue with the flight logs, lag or anything else.. Search 9.0.2 test and read that thread. Then you wont think my statement is ridiculous.

btw - when has apple said anything that held any weight. Of course there are not going to say everyone is having issues.

I'm on 9.0.2 (Air 2) and the latest firmware and have had no functional issues or lags. I do,however, have the tethered red arrow issue on playback. Still can't complain since I had consistent lags and crashes with my Galaxy Tab 10 before upgrading.

I'm on 9.0.2 (Air 2) and the latest firmware and have had no functional issues or lags. I do,however, have the tethered red arrow issue on playback. Still can't complain since I had consistent lags and crashes with my Galaxy Tab 10 before upgrading.
Same setup here. I do not have issues with the red arrow. the only thing I can find I have done different is going from 8.3.1 to 9.0.2, also reformatted my PC, uninstalled iTunes and reinstalled and downgraded to 1.3 then back to 1.4.. Most of this was in attempt to fix my horizon tilt. Which I had no luck with.

Same setup here. I do not have issues with the red arrow. the only thing I can find I have done different is going from 8.3.1 to 9.0.2, also reformatted my PC, uninstalled iTunes and reinstalled and downgraded to 1.3 then back to 1.4.. Most of this was in attempt to fix my horizon tilt. Which I had no luck with.
I had not heard the horizon tilt issue was connected to the iOS. Is that the case?

I had not heard the horizon tilt issue was connected to the iOS. Is that the case?

I can only speak for myself. I have an ipad Air 2 with Horizon tilt. Weather it was connected or not I don't know, but I am going to exhaust all options before I call DJI asking for it to be covered under warranty.

Iphone 6+ iOS 9 with P3S and P3A with only horizon tilt issues on the standard. everything else has worked great

Hello... I am new P3A pilot... just want to know...how your P3 can go that 2 miles..do you attached any devices...or just use the normal RC...

If you go out into a good wifi clean area you should get 2 mile with stock P3A easy. I have been out to 23,000ft with stock P3A, but that was in a rural area from a slight hill, also at night when there is minimal wind. (I know.... you shouldn't fly at night)

I'm using IOS 9.2 on my IPad mini & IPhone 6 with my P3p. I really had no major issues but I too had horizon tilt issues. All else seems fine. Follow me, Corse Lock & Waypoints all found no issues. Guess what it comes down to is what are you using your P3 for. If it's just fun and games in my opinion you will have no problems running IOS 9.2. Happy Flying

I would NOT UPGRADE. I upgraded to 9.0.1 and 9.0.2 uninstalled and reinstalled GO and in flight the FPV video will lag start to flicker and go gray for 15 to 30+ seconds. At this point you can not go back to Ver 8. It also has become the blame game. DJI says is Apples problem... Apple says it is DJI's problem. So I am grounded and sit and wait.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers